• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserbeam

Banned
Zeliard said:
How is Joe Biden supposed to follow this up? Let's see if his attempt will be with some heavy McCain bashing.

Terrific speech by Bill Clinton.
Biden and Obama are gonna have to hit a grand slam to not be overshadowed by Bill Clintons speech

Holy Shit, Bill's still got it! THAT was the the fucking keynote speech of the convention. Finally some great hits on the Bush legacy and John McCain.

Tamanon said:
"A place called hope"

That was absolutely awesome!:D

He used that line back in 92 alluding to Hope, AR, one of his many home towns. In Arkansas, half the towns have a "Home of Bill Clinton" sign near the welcome sign.

Perfectly delivered punch to the face. There's no way for the GOP to spin that, unless they do the "bububu two months ago he said Obama wasn't ready!" route :lol

TDG

Banned
God, Bill Clinton is so fucking charismatic. If he peed on my head, I'm fairly confident that he could convince me that it was raining.

the fox news spin is GLORIOUS

"he spoke for too long"

"it wasn't an endorsement"

"didn't really make the case for Barack Obama. Just some bumper stickers and platitudes"

Rur0ni

PhoenixDark said:
Perfectly delivered punch to the face. There's no way for the GOP to spin that, unless they do the "bububu two months ago he said Obama wasn't ready!" route :lol
You know it's coming.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
soul creator said:

"he spoke for too long"

"didn't really make the case for Barack Obama. Just some bumper stickers and platitudes"

:lol

reilo

Tamanon said:
Somehow, I'm thinking Kerry's speech right after it won't get quite as much of a reception.

Will they even bother broadcasting it?

laserbeam said:
Funny enough apparently Bill was scheduled for a 10 minute speech and went 20

Can you blame him? The applause he got was 10mins alone.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
laserbeam said:
Funny enough apparently Bill was scheduled for a 10 minute speech and went 20
9 of which was the audience felating him via claps and cheers.

Zeliard

soul creator said:

"he spoke for too long"

Karl Rove:

"I think he made a case, I don't think he made the case."

:lol

They don't even know what they're saying.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Dax01 said:
Get to it, Hillary!
Tonight will be the first time they have sex in 8 years.

Diablos

Classic Bill. It felt like the mid-90's for a second there. Sigh.

Amazing speech.

John Kerry apparently reporting for duty again.

Rorschach

Tamanon said:
Somehow, I'm thinking Kerry's speech right after it won't get quite as much of a reception.
1799955074_0fc514ec58.jpg

reilo

Amir0x said:
Chuck Todd God agrees with me, Bill Clinton's comparison of Obama to himself is the biggest endorsement of speech

Yep. Him comparing Obama to himself was the endorsement coming from as big of a narcissist [yeah, Bill is one, but a great one nonetheless] like himself.

The Clintons are back on the map and their legacy is in great standing now.

Rindain

Banned
A very powerful speech. Drawing the comparison between himself in '92 and Obama now was genius. Bill still has incredible charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom