• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basch

Tamanon said:
No, I couldn't, because Obama also served in the United States Senate after coming out of Illinois.

And 3 years in the Senate adds so much more? Don't get me wrong. I don't mind the inexperience so long as they got the right mindset. However, there are people in the Senate who have been there far longer that would surmount to more than what he has accomplished. So the comparison still holds, whether you want to acknowledge or not. :D

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Crayon Shinchan said:
Q. What if Hilary continues to advise her supporters i.e. us, that we should support Obama anyway?
A. We all know that's just the DNC suppressing her womynhood.
:lol ...well played.

ronito said:
Outside of the draconian tactic of trying to fool women to make a vote that'll be bad for them this choice makes little sense. I mean Mccain just gave up his whole "experience" argument point and gained a woman. At least with Biden Obama lost some of the change rhetoric but shut out the experience argument.

He's not going to run on the experience argument anymore.

It all makes sense now. The McCain campaign spent the summer spreading FUD about Obama being inexperienced. They hope that this FUD will last until Nov. 4th.

Now, their new strategy will be to paint McCain/Palin as reform candidates

The Chosen One said:
Interesting. This sounds about right. It seems they're abandoning the experience-angle.
I really don't see why he would do that. I'm not sure how he can reconcile his platform after picking Palin, but I really think that "experience vs. the questionable rookie" was his best narrative. I don't think Palin alone is energizing enough for McCain to take off his "Bush 2.0" hat and get back on the Straight Talk Express. There was a reason he abandoned that to begin with.

Azrael

Funky Papa said:
Posted?

McCain: Iraq Is ‘A Peaceful And Stable Country Now’

He looks like the perfect candidate to replace Bush. Seamless transition.

You see, only Americans are people. So as long as American soldiers aren't being killed in large numbers, the country is "peaceful and stable," even if 50 Iraqis are being blown up in Baghdad every day, because those brown-skinned non-Americans are subhumans whose lives are irrelevant. Sick, but that's how a lot of Americans think. The media doesn't give a shit about the bombings going on in Iraq because our troops aren't dying, and it's not being reported.

Like I said earlier, I think this country is in for a rude awakening though, because the violence is going to return to pre-surge levels next year after Iran stops restraining the Shiite militias once a President who wants to bomb Iran and keep troops in Iraq forever is elected.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Frank the Great said:

It all makes sense now. The McCain campaign spent the summer spreading FUD about Obama being inexperienced. They hope that this FUD will last until Nov. 4th.

Alright,we get it.

Outside of the draconian tactic of trying to fool women to make a vote that'll be bad for them this choice makes little sense. I mean Mccain just gave up his whole "experience" argument point and gained a woman. At least with Biden Obama lost some of the change rhetoric but shut out the experience argument.

Matix

DY_nasty said:
610x.jpg

You have my undivided attention.

Fuck, she is already swerving over the horny male votes (notices dude staring her down in the background) :lol :lol

on the biden/palin debate thing...

it is true biden may have to nerf his attacks a bit, but one thing he excels at is making his oppenents look really, really dumb. so i still expect her to get blown out of the water without him looking like an asshole

Door2Dawn said:
Alright,we get it.

Now, their new strategy will be to paint McCain/Palin as reform candidates.

haha nice:

Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain ticket mate.

Palin replied: “[A]s for that V.P. talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the V.P. does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that V.P .slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”

she doesn't even know the job responsibilites for the position she just effectively "applied" for. How can anyone take her seriously? Two years ago she was a part-time mayor of Someplace Fucking Frozen, Alaska.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
speculawyer said:
Dirt on Palin . . . . apparently she is being investigated for supposedly pressuring another department to fire a state trooper that was divorcing her sister.

Expect to hear a lot more about this story in the coming days (weeks?)

http://www.adn.com/monegan/story/492964.html

doesnt her husband work for an oil company as well? and i heard she has tried to remove polar bears from the endangered species list so that they can be hunted.. any truth to this stuff or is it just crazy rumors?

PatzCU

The Chosen One said:
After reading that Hilary forum maybe this stunt might work after all... O_O

I think charges of Sexism is the only thing that can kill the Obama campaign right now.

Please don't read their reactions and think that the stunt might work. The people that read/comment on that forum are a very niche group of people who would vote for any woman that has a chance to make it into a high profile position. Definitely (hopefully) not representative of the population at large.

Frank the Great said:

So basically, McCain flip-flopped . . . AGAIN.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This could be devastating for Obama if played right. The McCain/Palin combo has a proven track record of real refom and change - not just talking about it like Obama does. And unfortunately The One has based his entire campaign on the "Change we need" nonsense.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
She has the perfect bio for the whole "let's appeal to the middle class" thing.

Basch

speculawyer said:
I certainly don't know the whole story but I'm sure it is gonna get a lot more coverage. And a sad fact of politics is that whether something is really true or not often doesn't seem to matter. The whole Clinton era is filled with various 'scandals' but when one looks at them all, most of them were completely faux-scandals cooked up by Richard Mellon Scaife's minions.

I suppose. It's time like these I hate the media. F#cking up journalism at its core.

Ela Hadrun said:

:lol

Barrett2

Well, who the hell saw this coming?

From the little I have read about Palin, she seems ethical & fairly independent, two traits the Republicans have been sorely lacking the last decade or so.

But still, barely anybody knows who she is, and very few Hillary supporters are going to jump ship to vote for a woman they have never heard of before.

If I were Mitt Romney I would be punching a brick wall until my fists bled. Damn he must be pissed!

Tamanon

Banned
140.85 said:
This could be devastating for Obama if played right. The McCain/Palin combo has a proven track record of real refom and change - not just talking about it like Obama does. And unfortunately The One has based his entire campaign on the "Change we need" nonsense.

Dynamite drop-in Monty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom