• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCReuter

"Unlike Obama, who relies on newfangled text messaging nonsense, McCain is announcing his VP pick on television, the good ol' fashion way."

Go Fox News!

Hellsing321 said:
So McCain's plan to win the election is to try and get the "18 million" Hillary supporters. Pretty big risk to take. Most of my conservative friends openly admit they don't think a women should be president, and having one a heartbeat away from it would be pretty unsettling for them.
I work in finance, and this guy I have been trying to convince to vote for Obama forever, and has been a friend of mine forever, said "ugh, that is really really annoying" when I told him Mccain picked some random woman for his VP choice.

Cyan

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
draconian
inigo1.jpg

That word. I do not think it means, what you think it means.

Y2Kev said:
My mom is now telling me there is someone in her office who is saying Obama owns no stocks and wants to repeal the capital gains tax. And that he does not have faith in capitalism?

Is it true that he wants to repeal the CG tax? And owns no stocks?

I don't think your mom's friend knows what repeal the capital gains tax means.. He wants to make exemptions for small businesses, and possibly raise the base rate. And yea, I think Obama has faith in God.. he probably sees capitalism as an efficient part of our economy that needs help to protect the interest of this nation here and there.

AndyIsTheMoney said:
you know, not everyone who doesnt vote for obama isn't a racist.

Not everyone, just Democrats who don't vote for him. If you identify with the Democratic Party on the issues, there really isn't one compelling reason not to vote for him.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Byakuya769 said:
I don't think your mom's friend knows what repeal the capital gains tax means.. He wants to make exemptions for small businesses, and possibly raise the base rate. And yea, I think Obama has faith in God.. he probably sees capitalism as an efficient part of our economy that needs help to protect the interest of this nation here and there.
Well the guy is throwing FUD around.

Afrikan

read this at another forum after the announcement was made......

I guess many of the posters above me didn't see all of the irrational women who still wanted Hillary to be Obama's VP pick. If you learn nothing in this life, learn this.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE IRRATIONALITY AND VINDICTIVENESS OF WOMEN WHO DON'T GET THEIR WAY!!!!!!

Palin seriously changes the game

Edit: Now Biden can't get into her @## at the debates because he will be seen as a bully. Lets hope America see's this as the pandering bullshit that it is.(yeah right)

whats your take on it... I'm not a person to generalize but jeez...reading that Hillery Forum and watching interviews with some of her supporters.... :eek:

JaY P.

This is an interesting pick indeed. Last night what Obama did was stab at the heart of McCain's strength. Today, judging by Palin's words so far, we see McCain trying to take away the "Change" argument Obama presented so eloquently last night. Like many others have said this is either a winning pick or ensures his defeat.

Thoughts so far, first of all she is not an impressive speaker and HOLYSHIT at pandering toward Hillary with "18 million cracks" line.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Sarah Palin is a good pick for McCain and the GOP.

PS: McCain is 72 years old, he'll be 76 in 2012. Sarah Palin could easily be the first female president if McCain is elected because she'd be the on the short-list if McCain chose not to run for reelection in 2012.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The 1st thing I could think of when I heard the news was that Hillary is now 100% behind campaigning for Obama this fall.

Flakster99

DY_nasty said:
She needs a speech coach. Her transitions are horrible. Not that anyone cares...

I'm listening to her speech as well, and as ami pointed out she comes off incredibly matter-of-fact, which does not go hand in hand with her inexperience.

And now she mentions the 18 million votes Hillary left on the table... game, set, match in why she was brought in. As least she admitted the obvious. /boggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom