• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiggie said:
Gender card.
card-gender.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares Shiggie!!!

M3wThr33

Banned
Ugh. What a stupid fucking cheap move.

Of course, honestly, he has every right to pick a woman, but you know god damn well it's only to get women who are bitter at Hillary losing.

Shit like this pisses me off and disappoints me. I've been banned before for complaining about women, but I just want to say, if McCain wins on account of having a female VP that females voted blindly for (And some will), I will be disappointed in my entire country.

Right now, the only 'hope' are the conservatives upset by a woman VP and will somehow at least favor Obama. God damn it. Why am I assuming stereotypes are going to be the major factor?

Zeliard

140.85 said:
This could be devastating for Obama if played right. The McCain/Palin combo has a proven track record of real refom and change - not just talking about it like Obama does. And unfortunately The One has based his entire campaign on the "Change we need" nonsense.

The Palin pick completely nullifies the arguments that the McCain campaign have been trying to make both against Obama and for McCain. McCain isn't running on a platform of change and could never hope to compete against Obama in that department. He's been running on a platform of experience the entire time, both in terms of praising himself and trying to lambast Obama, and the Palin VP pick completely trivializes that.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Put up or shut up Hilldog...his best surrogate against Palin is her.

Tamanon

Banned
Frank the Great said:
This was a brilliant move by the McCain campaign :-/ She's positioning herself as the next Hillary.

The O camp better have a good response to all this.

I bet they do, that Hillary didn't make those cracks because she was a woman, but because of her long political life and record.:p

APF

B.K. said:
I REALLY wish that the Clintons and all their supporters would drop dead. We'd be much better off without them.

PrivateWHudson said:
Clinton Supporter is just code for Racist Democrat. They're just using Hillary as a legit reason to not vote for Obama.

Both of these posts are disgusting and inappropriate.

Amir0x

Banned
this will be a pretty good litmus test of how easily Americans are fooled

it is clear now that she was not picked for any of her credentials, but just for being a women who could appeal to those Hillarycrats... which is really at its core at odds with the feminist movement.

Azrael

Y2Kev said:
Is it true that he wants to repeal the CG tax? And owns no stocks?

He wants to repeal capital gains taxes for startups and small businesses, not altogether.

Don't know if he owns stocks or not.

v1cious

Banned
ugh, she's like the Cammie Dunaway of politics. definitely not a good sign, but hopefully the narrative will change when people see what she actually stands for.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Frank the Great said:
This was a brilliant move by the McCain campaign :-/ She's positioning herself as the next Hillary.

Yep, extremely clever. I think what's going to set this election apart from 2004 is that there are two really good candidates with two remarkably well run campaigns.

Obama's speech last night was something else, and this is a worthy follow up from McCain and friends.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its clearly shopped though, come on now guys.... this is GAF. I expect better from you guys.

Basch

Had a fairly nice speech. A bit too forced, but great motives and views. I think this campaign just took a drastic turn. GAF may be pretty bitter come election time.

eznark

Banned
EMBee99 said:
At my signal....unleash Hilary.

I changed my mind, if this pick means more Hillary I hate it. a lot.

those photoshops are pretty classy. I must have missed the Obama-as-stereotype photoshops, bet they were hilarious too.

Amir0x said:
The way she introduces everything is so matter-of-fact, like she's running for a position on student council or some shit. It's not particularly convincing for a position so serious
It's actually quite refreshing that we have someone up on the stage talking about things so matter of factly and not bullshitting everyone left and right by well rounded verbiage buzzwords.

This will get a huge boost from the women in American and has shored up all the republican women votes... some democrat women and possibly some independents.

Should be interesting to see what the other guys say... Huckle-bee, Romney and Rudi at the RNC next week.

Well as cynical as this pick no doubt is, it does seem to have been successful in taking some of the wind out of Obama's sails from last night. And that ain't good.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Azrael said:
He wants to repeal capital gains taxes for startups and small businesses, not altogether.

Don't know if he owns stocks or not.

Yeah, I emailed my mom his page on his website. He also owns a bunch of stocks I found online. So yeah, FUD debunked. :D

I wish I could find that TAX image but this thread is 900 pages.

-Kees-

Slurmer said:
The difference between GAF last night and GAF this afternoon is hilarious:lol :lol

If McCain had picked Romney, or Pawlenty, or whoever GAF would have the same reaction. When McCain does anything GAF goes into meltdown mode and thinks Obama will lose in a landslide.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain's ticket mate.

Palin replied: “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”

Hmmmm

B.K. said:
I REALLY wish that the Clintons and all their supporters would drop dead. We'd be much better off without them.

Nothing wrong with the Clintons...

and it should be more like "the batshit insane supporters".

And now she mentions the 18 million votes Hillary left on the table...

Right, because Democratic partisans who were fired up enough to vote in primaries for Clinton are such a untapped Republican base. That potential coalition of them with the GOP is nothing more of a pipe dream and this is a hail mary toss by a campaign that's run out of options.

The emerging narrative out of this will be that McCain kneecapped his own campaign and that Palin just doesn't have the qualifications to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom