• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Craig Robinson looks like Yaphet Kotto.

mi1b88.jpg

GhaleonEB

TDG said:
Oh christ, really? Geez, it was a good message for the primaries, but it's not effective for the GE. The GE is all about being the most responsible, the safest, the most ready to lead, and smearing your opponent.

It's time to move on to a new message...
The book Obama is putting out this fall, containing a collection of speeches, writing, photos etc. from the campaign is titled, "Change We Can Believe In".

Pretty sure they're riding that slogan all the way home.
OuterWorldVoice said:
Craig Robinson looks like Yaphet Kotto.
Looks EXACTLY like him. :lol

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Her bro isn't half bad at public speaking. That's gotta be a tough gig for a guy not used to being in the spotlight.

Arde5643

TDG said:
So, I've been gone all day, can someone sum up the day so far for me?

Oh christ, really? Geez, it was a good message for the primaries, but it's not effective for the GE. The GE is all about being the most responsible, the safest, the most ready to lead, and smearing your opponent.

It's time to move on to a new message...
"Barack'n America"?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RubxQub said:
Her bro isn't half bad at public speaking. That's gotta be a tough gig for a guy not used to being in the spotlight.

He's a Division I NCAA Basketball coach. He better know how to speak and motivate his players, otherwise he'd make a pretty lousy coach.

Tamanon

Banned
RubxQub said:

I think I heard he was a college basketball coach, so he's got at least some practice at it, but it's probably a much bigger crowd, heh.

Mr Jared

Karma Kramer said:
Yeah right...

Its filling up all the news channels... and with big speeches by Bill Clinton still to come... you really think people aren't going to tune in... :lol

It's reminded me a lot of how GAF reacts during E3 conferences.

"Welco-"

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GAMES!??!? ARAHGAHGHALBHLAHEALHTGY!!111"

Keylime

reilo said:
He's a Division I NCAA Basketball coach. He better know how to speak and motivate his players, otherwise he'd make a pretty lousy coach.
...er uh... GOOD JOB REILO!

You passed my ...test...

*cough*

thefro

RubxQub said:

He was a VP of a couple banks and is now the head basketball coach at Oregon State, so I think he's used to it.

TDG

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The book Obama is putting out this fall, containing a collection of speeches, writing, photos etc. from the campaign is titled, "Change We Can Believe In".

Pretty sure they're riding that slogan all the way home.
Ugh, that sounds like a bad idea.

Keylime

So basically...Barack = Jordan.

GhaleonEB

CBS4 has now learned at least four people are under arrest in connection with a possible plot to kill Barack Obama at his Thursday night acceptance speech in Denver. All are being held on either drug or weapons charges.

CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass reported one of the suspects told authorities they were "going to shoot Obama from a high vantage point using a ... rifle ... sighted at 750 yards."

Law enforcement sources tell Maass that one of the suspects "was directly asked if they had come to Denver to kill Obama. He responded in the affirmative."
Sounds more and more serious.

Keylime

mj1108 said:
Michelle! :D

Lookin' sexxxxay
She is looking pretty good.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
v1cious said:
all the unnecessary stuff in-between. seriously, does Michelle Obama really need a tribute video? just send the woman out and let her speak.

BIOGRAPHY NIGHT

Fuck what Carville's talking about, if I hear ONE pundit saying "we don't really know Barack or Michelle" after this convention then I will flip out.

Alcander

v1cious said:
all the unnecessary stuff in-between. seriously, does Michelle Obama really need a tribute video? just send the woman out and let her speak.
Its "biography" day, they are trying to introduce everyone to, well, everyone involved. Especially important for Michelle, considering how much BS goes around the media along the lines of "Do we know enough about Michelle Obama?!?!?!"

besada

Banned
v1cious said:

Have you never seen a convention before? They're always like this. Touching videos, people with terrible problems telling us how they rose above them, etc, etc.

Keylime

TDG said:
What have they done with Michelle's makeup? She looks sort of artificial tonight.
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom