• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

On MSNBC.... they say that John McCain is on Leno tonight. When Leno asks him about how many houses he owns, he plays the POW card.....again.

GhaleonEB

Byakuya769 said:
To rock babies to sleep maybe.
Appropriately enough, he's a professor now. :lol

While he supported the first Gulf War in 1991, Leach voted against the authorization to use force against Iraq in 2002. He was one of only six House Republicans to vote against the resolution.[1] Once the Congress committed to war, however, he held that it would be folly to assume it could be funded with tax cuts and therefore he was the only Republican to vote against the 2003 tax cut.

A supporter of stem cell research, he believed little could be more pro-life than invigorating science to advance cures to extend and ennoble life itself.

This guy is flanked by two very fine women.

VALIS

James Carville on CNN: "If this party has a message, they're doing a hell of a job of hiding it tonight."

He's pissed as hell. No hammering of Bush, no mentioning the economy, no mentioning the war.... and come to think of it, he's right. However, I think the DNC has this planned in stages. Tonight is the biography night.

Diablos

mj1108 said:
On MSNBC.... they say that John McCain is on Leno tonight. When Leno asks him about how many houses he owns, he plays the POW card.....again.
This HAS to catch up with him eventually. There's no way he can keep doing this.

He should be ashamed of himself, using the fact that he was a POW as some kind of means to dismiss any criticism about things that don't even have anything to do with that.

besada

Banned
Law enforcement authorities have arrested two men, and several law enforcement sources say the investigation is looking into whether the men intended to harm presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

According to multiple sources, Aurora police made a routine traffic stop Sunday morning at 2:38 a.m. The Secret Service says two rifles were found in the car along with methamphetamine. Another law enforcement source says he was told at least one of the rifles was a "sniper rifle."

A second source told CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass authorities told officers they are concerned they may have come upon a possible "assassination plot."
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/25/police-investigate-possible-plot-kill-obama/

Old?

CBS4 reported one of the suspects told authorities they were "going to shoot Obama from a high vantage point using a ... rifle … sighted at 750 yards."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Diablos said:
This HAS to catch up with him eventually. There's no way he can keep doing this.

He should be ashamed of himself, using the fact that he was a POW as some kind of means to dismiss any criticism about things that don't even have anything to do with that.

We've got another two and a half months ahead of us. If it doesn't get old by November...

GhaleonEB

VALIS said:
James Carville on CNN: "If this party has a message, they're doing a hell of a job of hiding it tonight."

He's pissed as hell. No hammering of Bush, no mentioning the economy, no mentioning the war.... and come to think of it, he's right. However, I think the DNC has this planned in stages. Tonight is the biography night.
Yup. Tonight, biography. Tomorrow, economy. Wednesday, national security/foreign policy. Thursday: "change you can believe in".

APF said:
Leech is a good name for someone who can suck the life out of the hall like that

Yea, I wish Ben Stein had changed affiliations.. he could have been more riveting.

I mean Teddy Kennedy then that boring ass dude? Come on...

laserbeam

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Yup. Tonight, biography. Tomorrow, economy. Wednesday, national security/foreign policy. Thursday: "change you can believe in".

Carville is right though. This could backfire. Absolute Die Hard democrats will keep watching but you may very well turn off the others. This convention means little to the democrat voters it needs to appeal to the undecided others. Snoozers dont keep people watching.

I think Carville does more harm to Obama than good on CNN really. If Hillary was the nominee I think we would be seeing a completely different sign of Carville. And now CNN is running with that "Democrats wasted the night" narrative.

laserbeam said:
Carville is right though. This could backfire. Absolute Die Hard democrats will keep watching but you may very well turn off the others. This convention means little to the democrat voters it needs to appeal to the undecided others. Snoozers dont keep people watching.

Yeah right...

Its filling up all the news channels... and with big speeches by Bill Clinton still to come... you really think people aren't going to tune in... :lol

Karma Kramer said:
Yeah right...

Its filling up all the news channels... and with big speeches by Bill Clinton still to come... you really think people aren't going to tune in... :lol

Well, it's been pretty boring so far. I remember previous conventions being more interesting.

APF

Obama's story is actually an important and compelling reason to vote for the guy, and this would have been a perfect opportunity for the Democrats to dispel (or re-dispel) lingering misconceptions about who he is, what he believes, etc, and really hammer that message home. I'm assuming that part is next, because it sure as hell hasn't happened so far.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
GhaleonEB said:
"I figured this kid has to be weird."

This is an oddly honest video. :lol
I love the dynamics between Michelle and Barack. The times I've seen the two of them together on interviews, it's always very endearing and real.

Trakdown

APF said:
Obama's story is actually an important and compelling reason to vote for the guy, and this would have been a perfect opportunity for the Democrats to dispel (or re-dispel) lingering misconceptions about who he is, what he believes, etc, and really hammer that message home. I'm assuming that part is next, because it sure as hell hasn't happened so far.

It's kind of a four day event. They're not going to do everything day one.

TDG

Banned
So, I've been gone all day, can someone sum up the day so far for me?
GhaleonEB said:
Thursday: "change you can believe in".
Oh christ, really? Geez, it was a good message for the primaries, but it's not effective for the GE. The GE is all about being the most responsible, the safest, the most ready to lead, and smearing your opponent.

It's time to move on to a new message...

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Obama should steal McCain's (unfortunately retired) slogan - Barack Obama - the American President Americans Have Been Waiting For...in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom