• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Clevinger said:
scarymccaincrop.jpg

Diablos

Karma Kramer said:
CAROLINE OH CAROLINE... TAKE ME AWAY... TAKE ME AWAY... ON YOUR BOAT... SWIFTLY... GENTLY... HAPPILY

Hitokage said:
PBS, people, PBS.
PBS coverage is 100x better than anything else really.

The cable networks should be ashamed, they're getting owned by a free public broadcasting network.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Diablos said:
The cable networks should be ashamed, they're getting owned by a free public broadcasting network.
PBS and NPR benefit from not being primarily profit-driven entities, and avoid quite a bit of ratings-whoring infotainment.

John McCain said:
We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. 'Give me five bees for a quarter', you'd say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah...the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war; the only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
siamesedreamer said:
Bill is also supposedly pissed that he has to speak on the national security theme night. He would rather talk about the economy. I think I heard that correctly while at work today.

Obama said that Bill can talk about anything he wants.

Keylime

This PBS commentary seems sooooooooooo dryyyyyyyyyyyy.

What's so good about all this?

Odrion

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Fox News is heating up with the trash. Right after the speech Hannity quickly went off on how Biden voted for the war or some shit... and now they are talking to some kid who is an evangelical about why he doesn't like Obama.

Jesus...
The evangelical who didn't speak for Obama because he said "I didn't think us evangelicals should pick a side..."

yeah he's a retard and looks just like that fucking 360 kid

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
RubxQub said:
This PBS commentary seems sooooooooooo dryyyyyyyyyyyy.

What's so good about all this?
you're right. go back to the reductive yelling heads and soak up talking points.

edit: not sure if its the pink tie or the darker lighting, but i swear it looks like David Brooks went tanning.

another benefit from PBS - i've seen at least a dozen confused looks from Lehrer as people pipe up in his earpiece while he's talking.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
alr1ghtstart said:
(how the hell do I not get PBS with DirecTV Choice HD)? wtf.
It should be in your local station block if you get local programming. Of course, you could also try using the OTA tuner on your receiver.

ZealousD said:
PBS is a local station, not a national one.
Rather, PBS is a national organization with local broadcast affiliates that carry PBS programming. Some stations are even part of statewide(eg. South Carolina's etv) or college system sub-networks(eg. UNC-TV).

Keylime

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn people. Don't hop all over me.

I don't need a bunch of boring people telling me things I already know in a monotone voice.

I love me some NPR, but just seeing it on TV is fucking terrible. Substance doesn't have to come at the price of personality.

APF said:
You are the reason news media sucks.

This is the second time you've said this to me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
alr1ghtstart said:
I see it. It's not in HD. :(

If your local PBS station doesn't broadcast in HD, you won't be able to see it in HD.

Do you have the right dish to see your other locals in HD?

scorcho

RubxQub said:
This is the second time you've said this to me.
and it never gets old.

Leach is definitely no Zell Miller. for starters, it doesn't look like his head will explode in a geyser of blood.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
alr1ghtstart said:
I see it. It's not in HD. :(
Yeah, you might have to go OTA, but if you're lucky it'll be worth it, since PBS affiliates are usually the stations to have 3-5 discrete subchannels.

VALIS

I just came on to mention how badly PBS AND CNN are owning MSNBC tonight, and I'm an MSNBC fanboy. But when it comes to coverage of an event, they're getting schooled by their older brothers tonight. MSNBC keeps hammering away with their fucking narratives from their weekly talk shows instead of COVERING THE EVENT like PBS and CNN are doing.

scorcho

Hitokage said:
Yeah, you might have to go OTA, but if you're lucky it'll be worth it, since PBS affiliates are usually the stations to have 3-5 discrete subchannels.
which satiates my dubious desire to watch children's edutainment programming 24/7.

wtf. edutainment passes firefox's spell check.

Keylime

APF said:
You are the reason news media sucks.
APF said:
Oh good something for the kids Kermit the Frog is on

Hmm...so let me get this straight. You, APF, the guy who used to complain that everyone constantly just resorted to personal attacks is now dishing out personal attacks.

So bullshit :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom