• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Arde5643 said:
Holy shit I love hearing her talk - she can pour her emotion so easily in her speeches.
She started out a bit rocky, but she's in the zone now.

Michelle is so damn eloquent, I love it.

Tamanon

Banned
"Your word is your bond"

A long-forgotten mantra in this litigation heavy society. I miss the days of a handshake being all you need.

Arde5643

I think she'll be more effective than Barack in humanistic movement speeches.

Her ability to get to your heart is easily class AAA plus.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Arde5643 said:
Holy shit I love hearing her talk - she can pour her emotion so easily in her speeches.
color me surprised if she wrote this speech without a writer.

i hope the next three days are filled with bloody, anti-McCain, anti-Bush, anti-RNC vitriol. while i love this whole post-partisan, hug-thy-neighbor vibe, i need to see succinct contrasts, charts and graphs.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The best thing about her is not only that she could literally burst into tears at any moment but that she uses that barely restrained passion for which she clearly believes in in a perfect staccato rhythm, volume, and pitch that I haven't heard in a long, long time.

giga

OuterWorldVoice said:
Meh. Laura Bush is much more genuine and pleasant looking.
Laura%20Bush%20Jacques%20Chirac%20from%20Gothamist.jpg

Keylime

giga said:
so is cindy gonna speak? :lol
I'd love to hear her biography :lol

Cindy's Biography Video said:
Cindy decided she was going to knowingly engage in an adulterous affair with John McCain. Once married, her drug problem started up. Stealing drugs from her own medical charity, she faced many hardships.

methodman

Banned
You know what my mom noticed just walking by? Her bra strap on her left shoulder. I bet they talk about that somewhere

and she was ompletely wrong :lol

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
quadriplegicjon said:
i think they are trying to hammer home how they struggled growing up.. i.e. trying to shed the 'elitist' view.

Yeah, from a UK point-of-view it's just a bit weird though to hear someone's illness being used to make a political point in that way. It was so heavy-handed with all the imagery of him struggling to get dressed and stuff.

It's very Oprah.

GhaleonEB

PantherLotus said:
The best thing about her is not only that she could literally burst into tears at any moment but that she uses that barely restrained passion for which she clearly believes in in a perfect staccato rhythm, volume, and pitch that I haven't heard in a long, long time.
I really feel her speech. And I'm sure it's going to be portrayed as an angry black woman, somehow.

Keylime

PantherLotus said:
You're absolutely right. She's right on the verge of crying from the emotion of the situation.

This is so good.

scorcho said:
color me surprised if she wrote this speech without a writer.

Considering that Barack does most of his speechwriting, I would /not/ be surprised if Michelle didn't have at least a hand in writing her speech. She's an intelligent and articulate woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom