• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonar

-WindYoshi- said:
obama-shark-oops-too-cool.jpg
from the gaming side.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Mrs. Manky said:
Considering that Barack does most of his speechwriting, I would /not/ be surprised if Michelle didn't have at least a hand in writing her speech. She's an intelligent and articulate woman.

Not to mention clean.

Arde5643

Mrs. Manky said:
Considering that Barack does most of his speechwriting, I would /not/ be surprised if Michelle didn't have at least a hand in writing her speech. She's an intelligent and articulate woman.
Actually, academically, Michelle is smarter than him.

APF

I think her delivery shows someone who is probably very charming and a strong personality IRL but who isn't a natural public speaker, yet has been practicing very hard for events like this. Still, some things like her laughing tic and her kinda janky movements are distracting.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is like Tony Blair on steroids, and it's only the wife!

I hope for America's sake he does better on delivering the promises and 'vision'. We all got suckered in over here.

Nash said:
Yeah, from a UK point-of-view it's just a bit weird though to hear someone's illness being used to make a political point in that way. It was so heavy-handed with all the imagery of him struggling to get dressed and stuff.

It's very Oprah.

It had to be done. The republican slime machine has been on a roll attacking her and the media has happily jumped on board. It was rare to see someone from the media actually push back on that. Kudos to Nora O'Donnell.

besada

Banned
capslock said:
I know this is blasphemy here, but Cindy McCain has done a lot of good in her time too.

Yeah, she ran founded the AVMT instead of putting that money into an already existing program like Medicine sans Frontiers, then had the doctor's write her illegal prescriptions so she could stay high.

Beyond that she's mostly just thrown money at various organizations.

She also cheated with a man whose wife had worked tirelessly on his behalf while he was a POW. It's weird he never talks about that part of his POW story. The part where he got back and abandoned his wife who had waited for him while he was a POW.

Yep, great lady, Cindy McCain.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Amazing speech by her.

I'd love to see how Fox News turns that into a "How Michelle Hates America" message.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
APF said:
I think her delivery shows someone who is probably very charming and a strong personality IRL but who isn't a natural public speaker, yet has been practicing very hard for events like this. Still, some things like her laughing tic and her kinda janky movements are distracting.

She copies a lot of Barack's mannerisms.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
King_Slender said:
From the people crying, you'd think this is the White Guilt Convention.
...dude, get the fuck out of here with this shit.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Hitokage said:
From what I understand, he does his own composition, but bounces it back and forth with others.
ppf, from what i understand, that doesn't counter what i wrote above

oh, nice videocast from Obama.
King_Slender said:
From the people crying, you'd think this is the White Guilt Convention.
...egad. you're trying to hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom