• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit the NY Governor FUCKED UP his speech saying that Obama would bring us more of the same failed policies for 4 more years.

facepalm x infinity

laserbeam

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Holy shit the NY Governor FUCKED UP his speech saying that Obama would bring us more of the same failed policies for 4 more years.

facepalm x infinity
what!?! he actually said that? jesus mccain campaign has a new ad to put out

AniHawk

laserbeam said:
what!?! he actually said that? jesus mccain campaign has a new ad to put out
Yeah, McCain, who has endorsed all those policies and still does is going to say they all failed.

Or something. Give me a day or two and come back to this post. I'll fill it with something much better.

Gaborn

polyh3dron said:

facepalm x infinity

Hey give him a break, he... no, I'm not going to make a blind joke. That's unfortunate for Obama. Unless of course the governor is a Hillary supporter in which case :lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit - Damn, Tamanon beat me to lowering the tone before I could decide to not actually do it :(

Karma Kramer said:
One for every wife... so like nine.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH ROMNEY IS A MORMON!!!!

I find it funny that members of the "progressive" party have no problem mocking the faiths of other people.

The mormon jokes aren't funny, never have been funny, and a really a mark on any real political discourse. Stop that shit.

Byakuya769 said:

I find it funny that members of the "progressive" party have no problem mocking the faiths of other people.

The mormon jokes aren't funny, never have been funny, and a really a mark on any real political discourse. Stop that shit.

You must be a Mormon.

Gaborn

Tamanon said:
Oh come on, lowering the tone? The dude's been getting blind jokes ever since his affair came to light.:lol

Hey I was kidding, I made the same joke afterall even with the disclaimer since it was obvious where I was going

Byakuya769 said:

I personally don't believe in any faith and find Mormonism to be one of the most ridiculous faiths along with Scientology.

So no, I am not going to stop.

Kittonwy

Banned
I feel bad for Bill and Hillary Clintonwy, having the party turned on dem like that.
Indifferent2.gif

Karma Kramer said:
I personally don't believe in any faith and find Mormonism to be one of the most ridiculous faiths along with Scientology.

So no, I am not going to stop.
Remember, Romney's favorite book is Battlefield Earth.

soul creator said:
of course, the ironic thing is that there is actually a substantive "split" in the Republican party (Ron Paul vs. everyone else obviously have wildly different views of "conservatism"). And isn't Ron Paul hosting his own convention? And weren't Huckabee and Paul still pulling down a ton of votes even after McCain had clinched?

Why isn't the Republican Party united???????? lol

In the latest USA Today/Gallup poll, 16% of registered Democrats who say they supported Clinton in the primaries say they would vote for John McCain if the election were held today, and another 14% are undecided. One of Obama's and indeed Clinton's challenges during the Democratic Convention is to reduce those numbers. The vast majority of former Clinton supporters (70%) say they would back Obama, and they have a predominantly positive view of him (78% favorable and 18% unfavorable).

That leaves a non-trivial percentage who would cross party lines -- among Democrats who say they would nominate Clinton if the choice were up to them, 27% would vote for McCain if the election were held today.

But the GOP faces a similar problem, as 21% of Republicans who would rather the party nominate someone other than McCain say they would vote for Obama in the general election.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/109837/Hillarys-Stock-Still-High-Among-Democrats.aspx

The numbers are quite similar but the media won't even touch on that. It's a shame this entire convention isn't about Obama anymore, or about the differences between him and McCain. It's once again about the Clintons, and it's not even Hillary's doing. You've got Bill subtly popping off and the media fanning the fire.

Kittonwy

Banned
Captain Pants said:
Didn't they turn on the party?

How did they turn on the party? They fought for leadership but they had every right to, and the race was extremely close, the party basically wanted Barrack to win before the race was even final. The 8 years the Clintons were in office was something that the democrats used to be extremely proud of until Barrack came into the picture. Hillary already endorsed Barrack yet she and Bill are both going to be closely watched by the DNC tonight and tomorrow night, it's not like there's anything they can do at this point, why treat them that way?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Kittonwy said:
How did they turn on the party? They fought for leadership but they had every right to, and the race was extremely close, the party basically wanted Barrack to win before the race was even final. The 8 years the Clintons were in office was something that the democrats used to be extremely proud of until Barrack came into the picture. Hillary already endorsed Barrack yet she and Bill are both going to be closely watched by the DNC tonight and tomorrow night, it's not like there's anything they can do at this point, why treat them that way?

I think you are re-writing history a bit. Hilary was the inevitable candidate, and she had plenty of support within the party until she decided to try and destroy Obama, instead of running a clean campaign.

AniHawk

Kittonwy said:
Because they went negative in the primary and started this whole media mess.

"Jesse Jackson won South Carolina"
"If this were a Republican primary, Hillary would be the winner"
"It's 3 AM..."

And so on and so forth. Instead of rising above it, they fed into it when the chips were down, even if it meant appearing on FoxNews.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kittonwy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHx2P3Yixyk

Captain Pants said:
I think you are re-writing history a bit. Hilary was the inevitable candidate, and she had plenty of support within the party until she decided to try and destroy Obama, instead of running a clean campaign.
This.

Captain Pants said:

Disagree. If she would have went more negative sooner she probably would have won the nomination.

Kittonwy

Banned
AniHawk said:
Because they went negative in the primary and started this whole media mess.

"Jesse Jackson won South Carolina"
"If this were a Republican primary, Hillary would be the winner"
"It's 3 AM..."

And so on and so forth. Instead of rising above it, they fed into it when the chips were down, even if it meant appearing on FoxNews.

Politicians use negative campaigns all the time, it's never going to be "kitties and rainbows, and flowers and butterflies", it's weird how the DNC tried to protect Obama, like he's already their chosen candidate. Let them duke it out, it's part of the democratic process, and even though it was clear Clinton would have lost, let her finish the race instead of putting so much pressure on her. The problem is even though she has conceded victory, you have a bunch of Clinton supporters extremely bitter and all of this is only going to make them move away from Obama.

ronito

Byakuya769 said:

oh please get off the high horse. I can tell you as a mormon that the jokes that some may tell is FAR better than the outright hatred that the "Conservative" party reserves for them.

Tamanon

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Politicians use negative campaigns all the time, it's never going to be "kitties and rainbows, and flowers and butterflies", it's weird how the DNC tried to protect Obama, like he's already their chosen candidate. Let them duke it out, it's part of the democratic process.

They did duke it out, the process was over around Wisconsin or so, they just kept fighting a battle that there was no way to win outside of Obama quitting the race.

AniHawk

Kittonwy said:
Politicians use negative campaigns all the time, it's never going to be "kitties and rainbows, and flowers and butterflies", it's weird how the DNC tried to protect Obama, like he's already their chosen candidate. Let them duke it out, it's part of the democratic process.
You're not supposed to do that in the primaries though. It feeds the other side when it comes to the general. And the Republicans jumped all over it the first chance they got.

GhaleonEB said:
2801319844_6ec3d5d4a1_o.png

Oozing back toward Obama, daily, for the past week.

I like how CO on that map has been getting a little bluer every day. Obama can win with that map.

I don't know as much about Mormonism as I probably should, but it seems their values and beliefs are similar to those of evangelicals, so why is there such a disconnect there?

ronito said:
oh please get off the high horse. I can tell you as a mormon that the jokes that some may tell is FAR better than the outright hatred that the "Conservative" party reserves for them.

I'm not a conservative, but great job of playing the mormon version of uncle tom for your party affiliation.

Put on your tap dancing shoes.

Tamanon

Banned
worldrunover said:
I don't know as much about Mormonism as I probably should, but it seems their values and beliefs are similar to those of evangelicals, so why is there such a disconnect there?

The same reason that there's a disconnect between all religions, they're not the right one. Although I think it's because they added to the Bible, that fuels the hatred. It really is strange, sometimes it seems that Mormons are more hated than atheists by some evangelicals.

Kittonwy

Banned
AniHawk said:
You're not supposed to do that in the primaries though. It feeds the other side when it comes to the general. And the Republicans jumped all over it the first chance they got.

Who says you can't do that in a primary? Candidates do whatever they can to win, all of a sudden they now have to pull punches?

JayDubya

Banned
worldrunover said:

It's the magic underwear.

Byakuya769 said:
I'm not a conservative, but great job of playing the mormon version of uncle tom for your party affiliation.

Quick get this man into surgery! There's a stick stuck up his ass!

Oh by the way nice job of making a racist joke while trying to defend your religion. Bravo.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kittonwy said:
Who says you can't do that in a primary? Candidates do whatever they can to win, all of a sudden they now have to pull punches?
And Parties do whatever they can to win. So why are you upset about the party "turning" on the Clintons or protecting Obama?

Byakuya769 said:

First of all dude, I was making a joke... that is factually based. As a mormon you can legally have more then one wife. Sure I know Romney doesn't have nine wives... but again... it was a joke.

You need to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom