• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

teiresias said:
So CNN is going to have a whole Larry King on the Republicans take on tonight, and Fox News is running with "Breaking News" on new details about "Obama's relationship to Ayers." I swear, news networks are freaking worthless nowadays.
Are you just now realizing this?

I hope you don't mind me asking but - been in a coma for the past decade? :p

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, what's the verdict? I missed Hillary's speech tonight [I'll catch up on it in a bit].

v1cious said:
and of course PUMA feminazis still find a reason to bitch and moan. fucking dead-enders

This random dellie on Nightline said something I actually wasn't expecting. "It just proved to me, we picked the wrong nominee."

That I did not see coming.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
kkaabboomm said:
podiumsmall.jpg

how do you feel about this one (to be seen live next week in st. paul)

Err, if that's it, it doesn't hold a fucking candle to the DNC design.

siamesedreamer said:
Hillary was awesome. It doesn't get any better than the Twin Cities line.

Obama blew it big time by not putting her on the ticket.
Not if there's something politically explosive with Bill's library donors, or something in Hillary's past the Republicans have in wait. Don't pretend you don't see the downside to having her on the ticket.

APF

GUYS EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON IN IRAQ TO ME RIGHT NOW STARTING WITH THE FALL OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE IT'S IMPORTANT DAMMIT I'M RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A DEBATE THINK ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE FOR JUST ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIVES

Azrael

siamesedreamer said:

Hillary as VP would have been constantly on the defensive about all the things she said about McCain and Obama during the primary. Biden's gotten a little of that. Multiply that x1000 if Hillary was the VP. Repub and cable news concern trolls would have loved that.

Hillary blew it big time by going so negative in the primary.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
APF said:
GUYS EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON IN IRAQ TO ME RIGHT NOW STARTING WITH THE FALL OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE IT'S IMPORTANT DAMMIT I'M RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A DEBATE THINK ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE FOR JUST ONCE IN YOUR MISERABLE LIVES
APF said:
APF said:
APF said:
APF said:
APF said:

SERIOUSLY LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION

I like the backdrop and stage of the Republican convention, but I did get an initial totalitarian vibe from the red floor and dark seats. At my most charitable, I thought it looked like a Union Jack.

reilo

Mathews: "Get some steroids Terry!"
Terry: "I don't need no steroids!"

/awkward chuckle and mumbles

:lol

laserbeam

Banned
adamsappel said:
I like the backdrop and stage of the Republican convention, but I did get an initial totalitarian vibe from the red floor and dark seats. At my most charitable, I thought it looked like a Union Jack.

Yeah I thought of the union jack right away with the floor. Looked up the arena they are going to. Very limited floor space since its a Hockey Arena so its limiting overall design and yes the seats are black so a red rug will give a totalitarian look

Shiggie

APF said:
Im not a fucking Task Master. Do that shit yourself.

siamesedreamer said:

unlike a lot of people here I always liked hillary, even in the primaries when it was unpopular to do so. but I give obama props for not picking her - he could have, and he'd immedeately be up in the polls and would win by a larger margin come november. (this is argumentative, i know) but instead he went with who he thought would legitimately be a good VP.

reilo

Not only that, but the floor plan looks like:

50004british-flag-posters.jpg

Republicans secret British agents trying to reclaim the US for the Queen?

Azrael

teiresias said:
So CNN is going to have a whole Larry King on the Republicans take on tonight,

Larry King will be doing the same thing with Democrats during the Republican Convention. I don't care for Larry King and his sycophantic interviews, but this isn't really a case of media bias.

Ugh I really wish Keith Olberman would refrain from instantly editorializing the speeches. Tonight as soon as Hilary finished, he proclaimed "Grand Slam" over and over again. And he did the same thing last night after Michelle Obama's speech.

I can't imagine what Keith is going to say next week after the Republican speeches. MSNBC is just a mess with their coverage. One of their anchors (Keith) is clearly pushing an agenda. Then they also have Pat the loony pushing his agenda. Maddow is a little more level-headed but her analysis clearly has a liberal slant. Chris Matthews is dong alright, but MSNBC could use a couple more straight arrows. Someone like David Gergen or John King at CNN. At the very least a moderate to steer the conversations between the partisans.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
First Aqua Button, now Lens Flare. :lol

BTW, photoshop opportunities for that American flag backdrop, like having a grey backdrop with two banners running down each side. Of the possible options, the Norsefire flag would fit perfectly with the stadium's palette. ;)

I understand that the whole "will there be unity" angle makes for something of a story, but do we really need to keep giving the staunch Hillary supporters who have yet to start supporting Obama airtime? Really? The one on CNN right now looks like she's about to be in tears after the Clinton speech tonight called for the end of the divisiveness, yet she still has face to save as Obama has not yet properly courted her vote.

I get it, there were people who liked Clinton but not Obama. There's really no story to sell anymore.

reilo

The Chosen One said:
Ugh I really wish Keith Olberman would refrain from instantly editorializing the speeches. Tonight as soon as Hilary finished, he proclaimed "Grand Slam" over and over again. And he did the same thing last night after Michelle Obama's speech.

I can't imagine what Keith is going to say next week after the Republican speeches. MSNBC is just a mess with their coverage. One of their anchors (Keith) is clearly pushing an agenda. Then they also have Pat the loony pushing his agenda. Maddow is a little more level-headed but her analysis clearly has a liberal slant. Chris Matthews is dong alright, but MSNBC could use a couple more straight arrows. Someone like David Gergen or John King at CNN. At the very least a moderate to steer the conversations between the partisans.

John King? Really? That's the name that comes to your mind?

Only one name comes to my mind:

tim_russert_01.jpg

:( RIP

APF said:

Heh Heh

APF said:

lol what?

Sorry if that was extreme... but I was honestly having a very heated and emotional argument with my mom about Joe Biden.

edit:

I googled for "Biden's net worth" and found one of the articles someone linked to me... but not the article/chart that someone else posted earlier in this thread. I really wanted the article that I had read previously... so thats why I came back and quoted my post...

I did try to do the research myself assholes... but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Plus while this was going on, I was having to keep up with probably the most extreme ridiculous argument with my mother I have ever had.

reilo said:
John King? Really? That's the name that comes to your mind?

Only one name comes to my mind:

tim_russert_01.jpg

:( RIP

:(

Timmy came to mind but... you know...

His presence is definitely missed right now. MSNBC is like a dog chasing its own tail right now.

Gaborn

The Chosen One said:

I can't imagine what Keith is going to say next week after the Republican speeches.
MSNBC is just a mess with their coverage. One of their anchors (Keith) is clearly pushing an agenda. Then they also have Pat the loony pushing his agenda. Maddow is a little more level-headed but her analysis clearly has a liberal slant. Chris Matthews is dong alright, but MSNBC could use a couple more straight arrows. Someone like David Gergen or John King at CNN. At the very least a moderate to steer the conversations between the partisans.

I'll take a week ban if it's "grand slam"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Karma Kramer said:
lol what?

Sorry if that was extreme... but I was honestly having a very heated and emotional argument with my mom about Joe Biden.

edit:

I googled for "Biden's net worth" and found one of the articles someone linked to me... but not the article/chart that someone else posted earlier in this thread.
Forum search for posts in "Off-Topic Discussion" with "biden worth", and you'll get a post with figures on the 10th link, and a quote of that post on the 9th. :p

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
APF said:
Anyone who says Hillary didn't step up, or that her speech was too self-congratulatory, is a world-class anus.

God be my witness I finally agree with something APF says. :lol
I love you man!

Hitokage said:
Forum search for posts in "Off-Topic Discussion" with "biden worth", and you'll get a post with figures on the 10th link, and a quote of that post on the 9th. :p

Yeah didn't think of that at the time... lol

Sorry :(

Karma Kramer said:
lol what?

edit:

I googled for "Biden's net worth" and found one of the articles someone linked to me... but not the article/chart that someone else posted earlier in this thread. I really wanted the article that I had read previously... so thats why I came back and quoted my post...

I did try to do the research myself assholes... but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Plus while this was going on, I was having to keep up with probably the most extreme ridiculous argument with my mother I have ever had.

Did you win?

APF said:
Ask John McCain . . . he was there.

Tyrone Slothrop said:
unlike a lot of people here I always liked hillary, even in the primaries when it was unpopular to do so. but I give obama props for not picking her - he could have, and he'd immedeately be up in the polls and would win by a larger margin come november. (this is argumentative, i know) but instead he went with who he thought would legitimately be a good VP.
Hillary just has such massive unfavorable ratings. And GOP has hoppers full of dirty laundry on the Clintons. Yeah, a lot of it is bogus, but the proletariat can't tell the difference.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Did you win?

I won in regard to the Joe Biden thing... but its one of those arguments you can't win... no matter what you say.

My mom is a heavy republican... if you guys would have heard some of things she said tonight... you would think she is worse then Rush or someone... it was bad...

I really hate it... :(

This convention may have started out slow but it has already surpassed most expectations. From Kennedy's emotional stand to Michelle's speech to Hillary's beautiful battle cry, things are roaring now. I think Bill will deliver tomorrow and is in a great position to essentially pass the torch. Biden should fire everyone up as well.

Can't wait to see the ratings for tonight. If this convention doesn't give him a bounce - at least until the republican convention - I don't know what will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom