• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maynerd

Banned
WASHINGTON - Sen. Barack Obama, second to none in the race for campaign cash, raised more than $40 million in March and boosted his vast network of donors to nearly 1.3 million, the campaign announced Thursday.

The amount is less than the record $55 million he raised in February, but still a sizable amount that sustains his place as the fundraising leader among all presidential candidates. The money gives him a substantial financial advantage over Democratic rival Hillary Rodham Clinton as they compete for votes heading into the April 22 Pennsylvania primary.

Clinton raised $20 million in March, the second best showing of her campaign, aides said. Clinton has raised nearly $70 million this year. Details of the candidates' March fundraising will be made public in official reports filed with the Federal Election Commission April 20.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23938326/

GhaleonEB

mckmas8808 said:
So did Obama raised more money in March than McCain and Hillary combined?
Yup.

Also noteworthy that both Hillary and Obama dropped about $15m from February to March. I read some speculation that the negative news cycles in March (Clinton wins March 4th, Wright) hurt Obama's fund raising, so he dropped from a mind-boggling $55m to a merely astounding $40m. But Clinton dropped the same amount.

On a political note...I've been working with a friend on MY website. I'm running for County Legislature. The site's really coming along and I'm going to start campaigning in May. Going to be exciting.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GhaleonEB said:
Yup.

Also noteworthy that both Hillary and Obama dropped about $15m from February to March. I read some speculation that the negative news cycles in March (Clinton wins March 4th, Wright) hurt Obama's fund raising, so he dropped from a mind-boggling $55m to a merely astounding $40m. But Clinton dropped the same amount.

And why would someone think the Wright thing actually hurt him?

APF

PuffHo said:
Air America Host Randi Rhodes Suspended For Calling Hillary A "Big F*cking Whore"

Air America host Randi Rhodes called both Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton "whores" in a recent appearance, seen below. Rhodes, who hosts a weekday radio show on Air America, said to the cheering crowd, "What a whore Geraldine Ferraro is! She's such a fucking whore!" She then proceeded to say, "Hillary is a big fucking whore, too" to a mixed audience reaction. "You know why she's a big fucking whore? Because her deal is always, 'Read the fine print, asshole!'"

[...]

Rhodes has been now been suspended from the network.
Video at link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/03/air-america-host-randi-rh_n_94863.html

gkryhewy

Amir0x said:
NEXT UP ON FOX NEWS: DID OBAMA SECRETLY MEET WITH RANDI RHODES AND TELL HIM TO CALL HILLARY A "WHORE"?

There's a man named randi with an "I"? How horrible. I'd be pissed off at the world too.

APF

Cheebs said:
btw the president of air america is always defending hillary when I see him on MSNBC...
On the other hand, my Air America -listening roommate recently switched her radio preferences to WNYC due to anti-Hillary screeching.

FAIR AND BALANCED

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I absolutely can not stand Rhandi Rhodes. Her show is awful. Thank god she got suspended, now maybe people wouldn't have to suffer her awful ranting.

Cheebs

sp0rsk said:
I absolutely can not stand Rhandi Rhodes. Her show is awful. Thank god she got suspended, now maybe people wouldn't have to suffer her awful ranting.
Really? I never heard her before but I know PD listens to her and posts on her message board lol.

gluv65 said:
Great interview by the priest that knows Rev. Wright being interviewed by the guerilla tactics by bill O'Reilly's producer. What do you think?

http://www.billoreilly.com/blog;jse...E0?action=viewBlog&blogID=-671237036245321356

that pastor is a hero. all of these people who stand up to the ridiculous conservative notion of not supporting government policies=unpatriotic are heroes. totally ownage, right there.

i dont mean to derail the thread, but is there any real evidence that MLK was killed by the government? i hear this a lot

Cheebs said:
Really? I never heard her before but I know PD listens to her and posts on her message board lol.

I used to listen to her show! My problem is that she's such a fucking partisan; you can't get much more partisan than saying a republican president has never won a war. Really?

Triumph

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I used to listen to her show! My problem is that she's such a fucking partisan; you can't get much more partisan than saying a republican president has never won a war. Really?
Jesus, her partisanship is tertiary to her stupidity and whinging.

Cheebs

PhoenixDark said:

uh....wtf she didn't say that did she? While Democrats did lead to victory in both world wars I kind of remember a certain republican winning the civil war

040308DailyUpdateGraph4opdferty.gif

040308DailyUpdateGraph5_98cflksor.gif

Streams about to be crossed, Obama about to overtake McCain in National Poll

maynerd

Banned
How do we get that oriley ownage onto youtube? We need to catalog this before Fox decides to remove it from their site.

APF said:
On the other hand, my Air America -listening roommate recently switched her radio preferences to WNYC due to anti-Hillary screeching.

FAIR AND BALANCED

She should get Sirius. Alex Bennett and Lynn Samuels are rabid anti-Obama Hillary supporters.

Unless the duration limitation has been upped from 10min, the video is too long to be put up on YouTube, so I'm uploading it into other sites like Daily Motion. Next will be Blip.tv, and maybe Vimeo and Liveleak...unless somebody beats me to the punch first. :D

maynerd

Banned
Lv99 Slacker said:
Unless the duration limitation has been upped from 10min, the video is too long to be put up on YouTube, so I'm uploading it into other sites like Daily Motion. Next will be Blip.tv, and maybe Vimeo and Liveleak...unless somebody beats me to the punch first. :D

Canceled my upload after reading your post.

Chrono

Banned
Lv99 Slacker said:
Unless the duration limitation has been upped from 10min, the video is too long to be put up on YouTube

Huh? I've seen a lot of videos on youtube that are longer than 10 minutes...

Kak.efes

I guess this is as good a place as any to post this.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008804010339#gslPageReturn

Obama panders to Hoosier nation said:
Many years ago, President Richard Nixon had a small bowling alley built in the White House.
If Sen. Barack Obama is elected president, he will replace the bowling alley with something more suitable to his tastes: a basketball court.

"There's not only a chance (that he'll have one built), but it's a guarantee," Obama said Monday on WFNI 1070 The Fan.

When it comes to basketball, Obama knows his stuff. During a 10-minute conversation, he talked about his NCAA bracket -- well, what's left of it. He talked about his days as a high school player in Hawaii, where his team won the 1979 state championship. He brought up Eric Gordon, saying "he could use some guidance." And he talked about becoming the Baller In Charge, saying he would have a basketball court constructed inside the White House.

"I tried bowling (Sunday) in Pennsylvania and threw two gutter balls," Obama said. "So we'll have a basketball court, at least a decent half court."
As a high schooler, Obama wore No. 23. "I was No. 23 before Michael Jordan was 23," he said with a laugh.

He described himself as "a slasher, a three, maybe a poor man's Scottie Pippen or Tayshaun Prince -- a guy like that without as much talent.''

Obama said there are 14 people in his traveling party on the campaign trail, and he's currently tied for third in his NCAA pool. He picked North Carolina to beat UCLA in the national final, but after watching Memphis, the one team he didn't have in the Final Four, "I'm not so sure I made the right pick.''

So, he's black, and he likes basketball, I wonder if he enjoys listening to rap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom