• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Still is anyone creeped out gaf may have just had a weird sort of effect on a presidencial election cause we discovered a trick in a polling outlet? :lol

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im at the county convention... this thing is nuts.. 10K people.. have some photos but photobucket isn't working on my phone... anyway, kirk watson came and sat with our delegation.. you might remember him as the obama supporter that didn't know anything on msnbc.

he is a really cool guy.

StoOgE said:
Im at the county convention... this thing is nuts.. 10K people.. have some photos but photobucket isn't working on my phone... anyway, kirk watson came and sat with our delegation.. you might remember him as the obama supporter that didn't know anything on msnbc.

he is a really cool guy.
Can't wait to see your pics, StoOgE.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Cheebs said:
Still is anyone creeped out gaf may have just had a weird sort of effect on a presidencial election cause we discovered a trick in a polling outlet? :lol

What the hell did you guys do? :lol

Amir0x

Banned
StoOgE said:

he is a really cool guy.

Punch him in the face for me.

Cheebs

grandjedi6 said:
What the hell did you guys do? :lol
Someone here figured out a pattern in Gallups urls and was able to access their polling data hours before it went public and was on all the political websites and blogs. Gallup figured out what gaf was doing cause everyone here started to notice it and changed their urls. :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Cheebs said:
Someone here figured out a pattern in Gallups urls and was able to access their polling data hours before it went public and was on all the political websites and blogs. Gallup figured out what gaf was doing cause everyone here started to notice it and changed their urls. :lol

Did we get quoted anywhere?

KRS7

I have no problem with abstinence education. I had to do a paper on it for some witting class. It is true that if you don't have sex you won't catch STDs. Kids should be taught that it is the only guaranteed way not to get sick from these diseases. Abstinence should even play a central role in sex ed, but condoms and other contraceptives and barriers need to be discussed. My problem is with abstinence is when it is taught to the exclusion of everything else. Teaching abstinence alone is unrealistic, and doesn't take into account the reality that many teens are sexually active.

KRS7

Wow, Webb county in Texas, the largest to report so far, went for Clinton 51-0. It's 94% Hispanic, but it is kind of sad that Obama couldn't even pull 15% there. I think it is going to be an interesting day in Texas.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Francois the Great said:
APF don't you ever get bored of this? every time i come into this fucking thread you're trolling more people.

Crappy facts: No effect
Shallow rhetoric: No effect
Demonstrated moral vacuity: No effect
Proven trolling: No effect
Mangled hypocrisy: No effect
Cognitive dissonance: No effect

This is just a list of things. Read into it what you will.

syllogism

KRS7 said:
Wow, Webb county in Texas, the largest to report so far, went for Clinton 51-0. It's 94% Hispanic, but it is kind of sad that Obama couldn't even pull 15% there. I think it is going to be an interesting day in Texas.
Obama didn't meet the threshold on the election night either according to the incomplete results. Grayson county results are baffling though as the incomplete results had Hillary leading 55-45% and yet according to burntorangereport Obama won the delegates 29-9 today. Could be a mistake.

e: Yep, the actual results were 21C-17O

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I am in no position to fight...

anyway terry mccoullough just spoke for clinton. lukewarm reception.

then ron kirk (whose senate campaign I worked for) came out for obama and tore the house down... yes we can chants and everything... great speech.

KRS7

StoOgE said:
I am in no position to fight...

anyway terry mccoullough just spoke for clinton. lukewarm reception.

then ron kirk (whose senate campaign I worked for) came out for obama and tore the house down... yes we can chants and everything... great speech.

What county are you in?

maynerd

Banned
KRS7 said:

No richardson bump?

The reporter on CNN does a poor job of hiding his preference for Hillary. Wasn't this the guy that said Hillary had all the momentum back and was poised to probably win it after her win in Ohio and *Texas*?

KRS7

maynerd said:
No richardson bump?

Guess not, but these delegates were chosen during the earlier March 4th caucuses. So, any change wouldn't be reflected.

Starr county, 98% Hispanic, went for Clinton 23-0. I never realized how little Hispanic support he had. I thought he was at least in the 30% range.

KRS7 said:
I have no problem with abstinence education. I had to do a paper on it for some witting class. It is true that if you don't have sex you won't catch STDs. Kids should be taught that it is the only guaranteed way not to get sick from these diseases. Abstinence should even play a central role in sex ed, but condoms and other contraceptives and barriers need to be discussed. My problem is with abstinence is when it is taught to the exclusion of everything else. Teaching abstinence alone is unrealistic, and doesn't take into account the reality that many teens are sexually active.

Kids need to be told "don't have sex, but if you do use a fucking condom or you'll end up like this *cue gonorrhea and harlequin baby slides*"

But of course the problem is that unprotected, no consequence sex is propagated to kids at a young age by the media through music, movies, TV, etc. The fight against herpes starts in the home with parents

KRS7

StoOgE said:
travis (austin)

senate district 25 is about to start, but Im in 14 and there are disputes over some delegates.

Must be crowded there, Travis 14 is huge. At 457 delegates you are at by far the biggest caucus today. I can see why there are disputes and what not.

syllogism

Obama did really well in Harris county. The delegate split seems to be 160 (73.7%) - 57 (26.2%) and election night results suggested a 64-35 margin.

e: oh those arent final Harris results

Touchdown

Banned
The wait for the Pennsylvania Primary is so loooong! Being an Obama supporter I guess thats a good thing as the more time he can spend in a state, the better he does come time to vote there. I've been watching CNN and MSNBC recently and I think they are finally off their Wright high. If he gets all of Philadelphia and it's suburbs he might have a chance to pull off a major upset. I know it's unlikely but I've got my fingers crossed.

Triumph

Banned
www.burnorangereport.com has good coverage of the Tejas county conventions, for those that don't know and are interested. Being the dork that I am, I'm comparing the results vs. the primary results and the numbers are pretty encouraging so far.

e: perfect example- Galveston Co. went for Clinton in the primary 52-47%, but Obama just beat her in Caucus state delegates 66 to 45.

syllogism

Triumph said:
www.burnorangereport.com has good coverage of the Tejas county conventions, for those that don't know and are interested. Being the dork that I am, I'm comparing the results vs. the primary results and the numbers are pretty encouraging so far.

e: perfect example- Galveston Co. went for Clinton in the primary 52-47%, but Obama just beat her in Caucus state delegates 66 to 45.

It's better to compare the incomplete caucus results

http://precinctconventionresults.txdemocrats.org/election08

art.casey.gi.jpg

awwwwwwwwww

Tamanon

Banned
McCain :lol :lol

Reporter: “Should U.S. taxpayer money go to places like Africa to fund contraception to prevent AIDS?”

Mr. McCain: “Well I think it’s a combination. The guy I really respect on this is Dr. Coburn. He believes – and I was just reading the thing he wrote– that you should do what you can to encourage abstinence where there is going to be sexual activity. Where that doesn’t succeed, than he thinks that we should employ contraceptives as well. But I agree with him that the first priority is on abstinence. I look to people like Dr. Coburn. I’m not very wise on it.”

(Mr. McCain turns to take a question on Iraq, but a moment later looks back to the reporter who asked him about AIDS.)

Mr. McCain: “I haven’t thought about it. Before I give you an answer, let me think about. Let me think about it a little bit because I never got a question about it before. I don’t know if I would use taxpayers’ money for it.”

Q: “What about grants for sex education in the United States? Should they include instructions about using contraceptives? Or should it be Bush’s policy, which is just abstinence?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “Ahhh. I think I support the president’s policy.”

Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”

Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”

Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”

Q: “But you would agree that condoms do stop the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. Would you say: ‘No, we’re not going to distribute them,’ knowing that?”

Mr. McCain: (Twelve-second pause) “Get me Coburn’s thing, ask Weaver to get me Coburn’s paper that he just gave me in the last couple of days. I’ve never gotten into these issues before.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/16/mccain-stumbles-on-hiv-prevention/

syllogism

Based on the results so far, Hillary is probably doing somewhat better than on march the 4th, partly due to some rural counties not reporting at all back then.

Tamanon said:

In his defense, McCain is old.

But if he wants to be president he needs to be able to answer questions. I could even understand if he said that he doesn't have an answer on that one but he'll revisit the subject (though very weak) is far better than just deferring to Bush's policy. He didn't even know what Bush's policy was. How can you just say you'll support something you don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom