• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA holds a round table discussion at the Flying Star Cafe in Albuquerque, N.M.

capt.4df2ff63efec4ae4aaf9875860c856b6.obama_2008_nmab102.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. gets off the campaign charter plane at the airport in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.1b4027f3f193404885b63614b1a1ca1e.obama_2008_nmab101.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill. gets off the campaign charter plane at the airport in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.73bc74e5e0884282811a23cbafd87b7a.obama_2008_nmab115.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., talks with women during a round table discussion at the Flying Star Cafe facility in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008.

capt.63a6d968f1154de3b6647fe1ed2548ec.obama_2008_nmab112.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., looks at something that he is being asked to sign after a round table discussion with women at the Flying Star Cafe facility in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.06dfed381ed44a9294742382238122cb.obama_2008_nmab109.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., talks with women during a round table discussion at the Flying Star Cafe facility in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.2d6c48aa8a5f42d0823706ceda0123c5.obama_2008_nmab108.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., talks with women during a round table discussion at the Flying Star Cafe facility in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.17240ba6468646d39c0c07de32e12112.obama_2008_nmab114.jpg

capt.db5069b434cf461b9210a1abf25abc08.obama_2008_nmab110.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., shows good luck charms that he carries in his pocket during his talk with women during a round table discussion at the Flying Star Cafe facility in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.2563ac99e93548ce9d98e362feaa8f33.obama_2008_nmab116.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., gets out of the car as he boards the campaign charter plane in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

TDG

Banned
3rdman said:
Wow...I completely disagree. If there was another attack, it'd open the door to Obama who can show proof that the Reps can't protect us and their policy isn't working.
I doubt it. During attacks, people tend to rally behind their country and their country's leader blindly, believing this to be true patriotism. The repubs will argue that in this time of crisis we can't afford to switch the party in charge, dumb people will be scared and vote for McCain... tah fucking da.

Tamanon

Banned
Frank the Great said:
I asked for a name change, because I'm not French and don't speak the language. Didn't want to appear as something I'm not...plus, my name is Frank.

So then why'd you keep "the Great"?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Who is this jackass on Hardball that proclaims that calling McCain the true flip-flopper is "preposterous" and is now spinning that Obama is somehow the evil flip-flopper?

Tamanon

Banned
reilo said:
Who is this jackass on Hardball that proclaims that calling McCain the true flip-flopper is "preposterous" and is now spinning that Obama is somehow the evil flip-flopper?

The cross-eyed dude? That guy is hilarious.

"Obama's position doesn't matter, what matters is he broke the trust of the voter with campaign finance!"

"McCain is not flip-flopping, he's taking the better position!"

reilo

Tamanon said:
The cross-eyed dude? That guy is hilarious.

"Obama's position doesn't matter, what matters is he broke the trust of the voter with campaign finance!"

"McCain is not flip-flopping, he's taking the better position!"

Now he is saying that it's responsible to drill off-the-shore of California.

ANWR and Clinton name-drops! WOOH!

Cyan

Banned
JayDubya said:
I like the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes more than the show Lost, but as mere winksy symbols of philosophers, Locke rules and Hobbes drools.
Oh, I knew what you meant, I just disapproved of your way of representing it.

For obvious reasons. ;)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the disgruntled gamer said:
The problem is simply that most people don't understand what terrorism really is.
It is a form of diplomacy used by the forces of evil, such as Osama Bin Laden, Fidel Castro, Saddam Hussein, Barack Hussein, and Kim Jong-Il, in which evil brown, black, or yellow people target good white folk civilian persons with unprovoked acts of violence, using unconventional methods such as: suiciding by ramming a plane into a skyscraper, suiciding by blowing yourself up in a crowded market place, or suiciding by setting off a super germ device that gives everyone in a five thousand mile radius a combination of SARS, Anthrax, and the bird flu. The immediate goals of such attacks are to terrorize the American people, and the ultimate goal is complete destruction of America. Why? Because those terrorists hate our freedom.

Duh.

Unlike those terrorist people, Americans have always been civil in their acts against world powers. Americans such as The Sons of Liberty are to be commended for their acts of civil disobedience in tarring and feathering british tax collectors, making sure that the tar war hot enough to burn them to death.

In conclusion, the terrorists hate our freedom, and they are much more barbaric than America ever has been or could think of being.

I'm pretty slackjawed that McCain is getting indignant about the public finance issue, since during the primaries he specifically broke the laws that he helped write by accepting a loan that used his promise of getting public financing as collateral, then opting out of the system.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So how many gates have we have since the primary season ended?

Obama
Public-Finance-flip-flop-gate
Seal-Gate

McCain
Black-Gate
a bunch of other stuff that no one bothers to discuss.

Obama is totally the media's favorite candidate, right guys

- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings
- personal presidential seal

Is there anything Obama won't throw under the bus to advance his own political career?

siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

Is there anything Obama won't throw under the bus to advance his own political career?

I heard in an email that he threw the American flag under a bus once.

pxleyes

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

the american people.

Door2Dawn

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

:lol

Try harder.

siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

Don't forget the dog he ran over...

usa-dog.jpg

reilo

You know, the thing that annoys me right now watching the "news" is that the right-wing media is spending their time slandering Obama at every turn, that now the left-wing media has to spend time debunking all their bullshit instead of talking about real issues.

It's an ugly cycle.

GhaleonEB

GaimeGuy said:
So how many gates have we have since the primary season ended?

Obama
Public-Finance-flip-flop-gate
Seal-Gate

McCain
Black-Gate
a bunch of other stuff that no one bothers to discuss.

Obama is totally the media's favorite candidate, right guys
http://www.newsweek.com/id/142658

That is much, much more important than any of the BS the news is talking about right now. *huge* conflict of interest, and central to the arguments of both campaigns. But nope, no coverage. :\

Xeke

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

Are you under the bus yet?

maynerd

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

21l3n88.gif

You're gonna get in dutch with your other friends, SD, but welcome back.

Whatever happened to natural gas? I remember hearing once that we had enough domestic natural gas to meet our power needs for 100 years. An industry claim, yes, but cars can be retrofitted or manufactured to run on natural gas (many of the local buses run on it), it's clean(er?), and it's not imported. Yet, I don't ever hear it mentioned in the energy debate.

Xeke

Banned
adamsappel said:
You're gonna get in dutch with your other friends, SD, but welcome back.

Whatever happened to natural gas? I remember hearing once that we had enough domestic natural gas to meet our power needs for 100 years. An industry claim, yes, but cars can be retrofitted or manufactured to run on natural gas (many of the local buses run on it), it's clean(er?), and it's not imported. Yet, I don't ever hear it mentioned in the energy debate.

I know my house uses it and it's a whole lot cheaper than oil, why people would use oil for their homes I don't know.

harSon

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
- grandma
- wright
- public financing
- town hall meetings

He's no Vick!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Frank the Great said:
I heard in an email that he threw the American flag under a bus once.
The chain e-mail said the flag was on fire... but it was actually the bus, and ninjas were driving it *rock-out.gif*

Gaborn

lopaz said:
What did he say?

Well he talked about the seal a lot (which is idiotic you'd have to admit, way too presumptuous) though now he's attacking his decision to eschew public financing (which I personally agreed with Obama on, though he shouldn't have agreed to McCain's proposal from the beginning).

Tamanon

Banned
Gaborn said:
Well he talked about the seal a lot (which is idiotic you'd have to admit, way too presumptuous) though now he's attacking his decision to eschew public financing (which I personally agreed with Obama on, though he shouldn't have agreed to McCain's proposal from the beginning).

This is what cracks me up about the seal, which just looked bad.

http://www.nrsc.org/membership/

Look at the third symbol. But it's ok for them to do it:p

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Deus Ex Machina said:
capt.db5069b434cf461b9210a1abf25abc08.obama_2008_nmab110.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., shows good luck charms that he carries in his pocket during his talk with women during a round table discussion at the Flying Star Cafe facility in Albuquerque, N.M., Monday, June 23, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

:0

the'r always after 'is lucky charms!

lopaz

Banned
Gaborn said:

Thankee. I don't get the fuss though, candidates are always saying "when I'm President" and such, I thought it was just expected. I think Obama should accept public funding, my understanding is that it doesn't mean he can't spend his money, just limits what he can do with it, right? That should be alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom