• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love Feingold: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=781576

Washington - If Republican John McCain needs someone to vouch for his independence, he could easily do worse than Senate colleague Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, a liberal Democrat from a key battleground state.

"I think the guy calls 'em as he sees 'em, and as president would call 'em as he sees 'em, and would make people mad all over the place because it wouldn't fit anybody's playbook," said Feingold, who teamed up with McCain to rewrite federal campaign laws.

"He would be very original," Feingold said.

Those are not exactly Democratic talking points.

In fact, while Feingold supports his fellow Democrat Barack Obama for president, he continues to express (when asked) his affection and admiration for McCain, even in ways that deviate from his party's core strategy against the Arizona Republican, which is to paint him as a clone of President Bush, and a "maverick no more."

Feingold calls McCain "very original" and a "maverick by nature." McCain's own TV ads call him the "original maverick."

"I'd rather have Obama for many, many reasons," Feingold said, citing his deep differences with McCain over foreign policy, health care and civil liberties, and his belief that Obama could be an inspirational president.

He also is critical of McCain's campaign, suggesting that its efforts to "tarnish" Obama may end up tarnishing McCain as well.

"But the notion that somehow (McCain) is going to get in there and be some kind of ideological Newt Gingrich right-winger is a joke. There's no way that he would do that," Feingold said.
Worked with both

Feingold was interviewed about the race because of his unique history with the two presumptive nominees, partnering on each man's signature legislative effort: in McCain's case, the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law of 2002; in Obama's case, the ethics and lobbying reforms of 2007.

Feingold describes both candidates as effective lawmakers who are in many ways "less ideological than I am."

"They both have the intellectual ability and the maturity to form judgments about important policy issues. I'd feel comfortable with both of them in there as president," Feingold said. "They are not people who are just preening for the cameras. They're both celebrities. (But) they're the rare breed: celebrities who are actually interested in getting things done."

Feingold credits Obama, the designated point man on the Senate ethics bill, for holding firm against "enormous pressure from within the Democratic Party" to water it down.

"He definitely has the ability to work with people of the other party, but he also, I felt, showed a willingness not to give away the store, which would have been my principal concern," said Feingold.

"I thought, 'This is going to be a guy I'm going to enjoy working with over the years, because he knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.' "
'Soul mate' on reform

But Feingold's history with McCain is much richer, especially the six-year bonding experience that was McCain-Feingold, a legislative Long March that annoyed people in both parties before it improbably passed Congress and was signed by President Bush. The two even hit the road together to drum up public support before the final Senate debate, McCain telling one New Orleans audience, "Russ and I are happy warriors."

"He's a very good legislator from my point of view, because when he gets onto something, he doesn't just want to introduce a bill, he likes to move it. And he's fearless," Feingold said of McCain, who once called the Wisconsin Democrat a "philosophical soul mate" on reform issues. (The two partnered on several other bills in addition to campaign finance.)

"People couldn't believe how long we stayed on McCain-Feingold. . . . We'd come to those press conferences (year after year) and you guys would laugh at us, I mean, literally," said Feingold, grinning.

"He's a great guy to fight an uphill battle with legislatively. He keeps his word. . . . I probably shouldn't be saying this stuff, but to be honest about it, it was one of the better professional experiences I've ever had in my life," Feingold said.
Independence at issue

Such testimonials are music to the McCain campaign, for which the path to victory depends on swing voters seeing McCain as "his own man," not an extension of the Bush presidency. The McCain campaign released a Web video last week featuring clips of Democrats over the years - Feingold, Hillary Rodham Clinton, John Kerry, Howard Dean, Tom Daschle - praising McCain.

Kerry fired back by saying the McCain of 2008 is "unrecognizable from the John McCain of just a couple years ago" and has "changed overnight into a George Bush nominee with a Karl Rove campaign." The Democratic Party put out its own Web video with the tag line "Maverick No More." Obama released a TV ad asking, "The original maverick? Or just more of the same?"

The Feingold interview took place before this whole skirmish over McCain's "maverick" credentials unfolded last week. But Feingold's comments about McCain were quite different from Kerry's. While Feingold criticized the McCain camp for its attacks on Obama and voiced "some concerns" that McCain has "changed" in this campaign, he stopped far short of making the argument that McCain has morphed into a right-wing Republican Bush clone.

"He does seem much more tight and less fun than he was in the 2000 campaign. I worry for his sake - though I'm supporting his opponent - that his handlers are constraining him too much," said Feingold, who said that tightness has played into the image of McCain as a cranky "Mr. Wilson" type - a reference to the "Dennis the Menace" character who's always yelling at Dennis for running across his lawn.

"It's unfair, because McCain's a blast. He's fun to be around. He's certainly young in spirit. He's actually very young in energy," said Feingold.
Anger 'burns fast'

Age is not the only rap on McCain that Feingold suggests is unfair. Another is the notion that McCain's too temperamental to be president.

"Yes, he shows temper. But he burns fast, and he doesn't let it cloud his judgment. He would not be a loose cannon in the Oval Office," said Feingold. "It's not like he's going to pick up the red phone in a rage."

As for what kind of Republican McCain is, Feingold makes the argument, not surprisingly, that McCain's vision of where he wants to take the country is "mistaken."

But he doesn't take issue with McCain's presentation of himself as a politician with a deep independent streak.

"He is not a guy who wants to be chummy-chummy with political leaders of the party. He doesn't like that sort of constraint. He's an independent," said Feingold. "So he somehow managed to become the nominee of the Republican Party. But we all know it's not because he was somebody that was kissing up to the Republican establishment, to say the least."

Seriously, I think democrats can't help but to eat their young.

tanod

when is my burrito
The biggest con of our age is how John Edwards even got to be on the national stage. Other than 2 years in the senate, he had absolutely no governmental, service, or executive experience. He's also morally bankrupt and a bit crazy.

Gaborn

tanod said:
The biggest con of our age is how John Edwards even got to be on the national stage. Other than 2 years in the senate, he had absolutely no governmental, service, or executive experience. He's also morally bankrupt and a bit crazy.

2.... years in the senate? He was elected in 1998. Hell, he took Monica Lewinsky's deposition!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
PhoenixDark said:
Thomas Sowell embarrassing himself
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/the_galbraith_effect.html

I'm not questioning his economic positions/disagreements with Obama there, but the petty, childish attacks should be below him. smh

This article was pure shit. There are some that are still saying about Obama still talks generally and never in specfics. But what I never understand is where are these same people wen Obama talks specifics in town hall meetings?

And when the fuck did McCain become the politician of specifics? The media narrative is really deep with this one and there isn't a way to stop it.

What world is Sowell living in? :lol

People complained about the Gibson debate because he pushed the issues too hard.... right. Way to change history to support your point douchebag.

He even "modifies" (Lies about) the question Gibson asked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8&feature=related (it's around 2:30)

The question, incidentally was why Senator Obama was advocating a higher capital gains tax rate, when experience had shown that the government typically collected more revenue from a lower capital gains tax rate than from a higher rate.

Notice the "Typically" qualifier he put in there, it's completely missing from the actual exchange. Gibson makes a very specific claim, no uncertainty or wiggle-room like Sowell claims. "History shows...."

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Get outta here with that BS talk. Obama has been leading the narritive too. It goes back and forth. The whole overseas trip was him controlling the narritive.
And it worked, than he came back and what.

mckmas8808 said:
Then Mccain took it back with bitchassness ads about Obama being a celebrity. Now Obama is running a great economy ad during the Olympics and has called Mccain and his campaign liars.
Must have been a shitty ad, becuase I'm still hearing talk about Obama being a celebrity.

Than again, there are far more important things in the world right now that an obama ad, so maybe it was just bad timing.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
And it worked, than he came back and what.

Must have been a shitty ad, becuase I'm still hearing talk about Obama being a celebrity.

Than again, there are far more important things in the world right now that an obama ad, so maybe it was just bad timing.

People hear what they want to hear...

NLB2

Banned
tanod said:
I think he's referring to the fallacy of the Euro-bump which was only shown in the Gallup polls that also conveniently (for McCain's campaign narrative) disappeared from the Gallup polls shortly thereafter.
Disappeared shortly after McCain started going after Obama aggressively.

Since politics doesn't take place in a vacuum we can not truly understand the reason for the change, nor can we truly know if a change took place. The entire idea of a narrative is a narrative itself...

Instigator said:
And Bayh is a ridiculous last name.

Kayne and Sebellius by default. Odds are on the former since the Clintonistas would complain about the latter.
What is with this whole thing about Clintonistas getting mad if Obama chooses a woman as a VP candidate who is not Hillary? Why wouldn't they be proud that a woman has a chance? Isn't that sexism, or is it only sexism when it's against Hillary?

Why the fuck should Hillary Clinton have a monopoly on female VP candidacy and how is this not sexist?

tanod

when is my burrito
NLB2 said:
Since politics doesn't take place in a vacuum we can not truly understand the reason for the change, nor can we truly know if a change took place. The entire idea of a narrative is a narrative itself...

Yes, we can understand the reason for the change. The rise and fall of Obama's numbers during/after the Europe trip in the Gallup poll is demonstrably statistical noise. No other poll showed a bounce of any kind after the Europe trip.

PhoenixDark said:
Thomas Sowell embarrassing himself
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/the_galbraith_effect.html

I'm not questioning his economic positions/disagreements with Obama there, but the petty, childish attacks should be below him. smh

that's pretty much just another "obama is popular, so that obviously means he has no substance and he's a fad" argument. If the only thing he knows about Obama are the rallies with thousands of people, then of course it'll seem that he "doesn't have substance". Why the fuck would anyone expect detailed policy discussions at those rallies? That's like going to the club and wondering why MF Doom isn't being played.

Of course he'll conveniently ignore all the town halls where Obama does talk about more "substance" (since that's a venue suited to more detailed policy explanations), 1 on 1 interviews, and all the plans he has specified on his site.

And no one was angry just because of the capital gains tax question in and of itself, but because Gibson made it seem like economic prosperity is directly tied to capital gains tax rates, or that capital gains tax rates even apply to the vast majority of people (remember the whole "people that make $200,000 a year are considered middle class thing? heh)

Also, he conveniently ignores all of the other ayers/wright/patriotism/flag pin questions that Gibson did ask, which is what people were actually annoyed about.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I was reading an article and it was saying that sometime recently, Chuck Todd was on Countdown and he basically said that McCain winning the electoral is unlikely or virtually impossible. Anyone have a link to that or can tell me what they that ran so I can look. :D

From Politico/Ben Smith: Obama signs up lawyers
August 05, 2008

Obama general counsel Bob Bauer emails lawyers and law students that the campaign is setting up an "unprecedented" new "voter protection" program -- a standard feature of Democratic campaigns, but given the general enthusiasm for Obama, and the specific enthusiasm (according to my anecdotal sense) among legal types, probably on a very large scale.

Bauer writes:

In 2004, those with legal expertise -- people like you -- were critical to the voter protection effort.

Lawyers and legal professionals made sure that registered voters made it on the rolls and were able to vote. They made sure that ballots were available and polls stayed open. And they helped reassure voters that they would not be intimidated.

Despite our stepped-up efforts, problems persisted -- including deceptive flyers, unnecessary lines, inadequate ballot supplies, and problems with voting machines.

In a year that will likely see unprecedented turnout, we can't afford to let our guard down. The stakes could not be higher. This election has to be different.

That's why the Obama Voter Protection Program has already launched, earlier than ever before, and will be the most comprehensive voter protection program in our nation's history, with counsel in 50 states and a vote protection team on the ground now.

full email at link

Agent Icebeezy said:
I was reading an article and it was saying that sometime recently, Chuck Todd was on Countdown and he basically said that McCain winning the electoral is unlikely or virtually impossible. Anyone have a link to that or can tell me what they that ran so I can look. :D
Chuck Godd has spoken, therefore it is decided and we can all go home.

This is not sarcasm, it is fact.

GhaleonEB

tanod said:
I remember seeing some website work up a 10-day rolling average from the daily Gallup information. It showed a basically flat line at +4/5.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/05/is-obamas-lead-in-gallup_n_117058.html?page=7

2008-08-05-Picture23.png

And here we are, back at +5. All the other polls have the same 5 or 6 margin for Obama - right where it started in early June. The more things change...

NLB2 said:
Disappeared shortly after McCain started going after Obama aggressively.

Gallup was literally the only poll to show a bump. Everything else was flat.
Edit: beat.
tanod said:
Yes, we can understand the reason for the change. The rise and fall of Obama's numbers during/after the Europe trip in the Gallup poll is demonstrably statistical noise. No other poll showed a bounce of any kind after the Europe trip.

Agent Icebeezy

Lv99 Slacker said:
From Politico/Ben Smith: Obama signs up lawyers
August 05, 2008

full email at link

You know, the funny thing about experience and them trying to pin this on Obama. He is one of the smartest politicians we've ever seen. Look at how everything gets done. They brush up on the rules available and then proceed from there. They leave no stone unturned. There will be a few books on how Obama and his campaign changed the face of presidential campaigning.

mckmas8808

polyh3dron said:
What is with this whole thing about Clintonistas getting mad if Obama chooses a woman as a VP candidate who is not Hillary? Why wouldn't they be proud that a woman has a chance? Isn't that sexism, or is it only sexism when it's against Hillary?

Why the fuck should Hillary Clinton have a monopoly on female VP candidacy and how is this not sexist?

Yes it's sexist and the whole media has been sexist repeating and agreeing with the notion. For some reason Hillary is the only woman that can be picked.

The crazy thing is if K Seblieus was a man she would already be the nominee.

ShOcKwAvE

Agent Icebeezy said:

I guess we can close this thread and hibernate until Nov. 4 then.

Agent Icebeezy

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/08/12/1260999.aspx

The Wall Street Journal takes a look at the voter-registration expansion happening in some battleground states, as well as how the GOP is moving to examine these surges in the voting rolls. "Republicans are moving to examine surges in voter registrations in some states. A Republican lawyers group held a national training session on election law over the weekend that included campaign attorneys for Sen. John McCain and other Republican leaders. One session discussed how party operatives can identify and respond to instances of voter fraud.”

“Republicans said they are particularly worried about prospects for fraud in Virginia and Pennsylvania, and are beginning to comb thousands of new registrations in those states for ineligible applicants. In some cases the huge numbers threaten to swamp their efforts -- and those of state and local governments to verify and process applications.

Election officials in Virginia and other states say there is no evidence of widespread fraud so far. Numerous studies have found fraud and other voting irregularities in past elections to be infrequent and generally not prevalent enough to influence the outcomes of most contests. Some Republican lawyers say that despite the huge numbers of new registrations in some areas, this year's problems could be fewer compared to prior years, because of improved procedures and tougher rules."

Speaking of voter registration, the Miami Herald takes a look at the massive increase in Dem voters in Florida since the primary -- nearly 300,000 new Democrats. "Regardless of how the voters got on the rolls, Johnson said the sheer number of Democrats is a concern this year -- as is the fact that more Hispanics are now registered Democrats. About 455,000 Hispanics are now in the Democratic Party, which only this year surpassed Republicans, who count 425,000 in their ranks. Compared to the last presidential election, the numbers are even more dramatic for African-Americans. More than 207,000 have joined the Democratic Party since 2004, accounting for 44 percent of the new-voter growth."

The Los Angeles Times picks up on an obsession of a voting group that we at First Read have been talking about: exurban voters who have big houses, in areas 30-50 miles away from work, who voted Bush in 2004 and are now hurting financially -- big time. "The boom that turned swamps and pastures into a suburban mecca has stopped dead. Now the talk is about plummeting home values, rising food costs, and gas prices that make the once-painless half-hour commute to Tampa a financial strain. It's enough to give some here the sense that maybe, this time around, the Republicans do not deserve their votes."

The Washington Post examines the other end of the generational gap with Obama: how voters over 65+ are not yet on the bandwagon. "Even as younger voters are showing signs of breaking with years of lackluster turnout to support him, Obama is facing singular resistance from voters over 65. That age group turns out at the highest rate on Election Day and is disproportionately represented in the swing states of Florida and Pennsylvania; Bill Clinton and Al Gore both relied on it in winning the Democrats' only popular-vote majorities of the past two decades.”

“With polls showing Obama dominating among those under 40 and running even among middle-aged voters, Republican John McCain's lead among those 65 and older is the main reason he remains close overall. His margin is largest among older white voters without a college education, accounting for much of Obama's problem with the white working class."

FLORIDA: The Wall Street Journal looks at Obama's attempts to put this sometimes swing state into the toss-up zone. McCain hasn't spent a dime on TV advertising in the state (though his national Olympic buy is being seen in FL now). "By this time in 2004, President Bush's re-election campaign had spent $13.5 million on television in Florida. The president went on to win the state in November. Sen. Obama's ads have touched every media market in Florida, which is the most expensive for advertising among the closely fought states."

By the way, the Journal has some up-to-date TV ad info: The top five states for Obama in terms of spending: FL, PA, VA, OH, and MI; for McCain, it’s PA, OH, MI, VA, and MO. Obama has outspent McCain in FL and VA. McCain has outspent Obama in PA, OH and MI. This pretty much sums up their strategies.

OHIO: Look for a ton of union mailers pouring into Ohio to slam John McCain's domestic policies.

VIRGINIA: A Republican consultant in Virginia tells the Post's Trail blog that, without huge voter registration gains in the Old Dominion, Obama will max out his support in liberal bastions like Fairfax County. "Since presidential elections already garner relatively high turnout rates among registered voters -- close to 80 percent in Northern Virginia, compared to about 45 percent in gubernatorial or Senate elections -- there are only so many more supporters for an aggressive campaign to turn out," says consultant Kenny Klinge. But what worries the GOP insider -- Obama's team's aggressive new registration drive might be working.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
from the WSJ for God's sakes said:
Election officials in Virginia and other states say there is no evidence of widespread fraud so far. Numerous studies have found fraud and other voting irregularities in past elections to be infrequent and generally not prevalent enough to influence the outcomes of most contests. Some Republican lawyers say that despite the huge numbers of new registrations in some areas, this year's problems could be fewer compared to prior years, because of improved procedures and tougher rules."
tee hee.

Gaborn

scorcho said:

Amazing how a left of center blog reports on studies without actually saying that they can only look at a portion of the data.

Ghaleon - that just proves my point, first read is a blog full of lazy journalism.

GhaleonEB

Agent Icebeezy said:
Good article, but this made my head hurt:

“With polls showing Obama dominating among those under 40 and running even among middle-aged voters, Republican John McCain's lead among those 65 and older is the main reason he remains close overall. His margin is largest among older white voters without a college education, accounting for much of Obama's problem with the white working class."
How is "white working class" defined again? I thought it was working whites in a certain income range. Wouldn't the 65+ be reiterees?

GhaleonEB

Gaborn said:
Amazing how a left of center blog reports on studies without actually saying that they can only look at a portion of the data.
Left of center blog? They were quoting the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121850477150231953.html?mod=special_page_campaign2008_topbox

WALL STREET JOURNAL said:
Numerous studies have found fraud and other voting irregularities in past elections to be infrequent and generally not prevalent enough to influence the outcomes of most contests.

Follow the links before you fall back on attacking the messanger. :lol

scorcho

Gaborn said:

Ghaleon - that just proves my point, first read is a blog full of lazy journalism.
you're right. WSJ is a left-of-center 'blog'.

i like how they give big-ups to the NON-PARTISAN Brennan Center. high five.

GhaleonEB

mckmas8808 said:
Gaborn just imploded on himself. :lol

Also from that left-of-center blog:

The three Republicans -- former Iowa Rep. Jim Leach (who formally endorsed Obama today), former Rhode Island Sen. Lincoln Chafee, and former White House intelligence advisor Rita E. Hauser -- announced the formation of "Republicans for Obama," which will launch a Web site in the coming days that will be a clearinghouse of information for Republicans who want to learn more about the Illinois Democrat. The site will highlight the differences between Obama and McCain on the issues and let them know where they can go to see the candidate and how they can help in his election effort.

"From my perspective, this is simply not a time for politics as usual," said Leach, arguing that the portfolio of issues that will be passed on to the next president would be as daunting as any since World War II and would therefore require "inspiring, new, political leadership" and the kind of change he believes Obama's platform offers.
I voted for Leach when I lived in Iowa. Didn't agree with all of his positions, but he was a generally pragmatic representative. Glad to see him supporting Obama.

mckmas8808

GhaleonEB said:
Good article, but this made my head hurt:

How is "white working class" defined again? I thought it was working whites in a certain income range. Wouldn't the 65+ be reiterees?

Yeah its very stupid. Even first read falls for the narrative.

And even if the 65+ white people did work, why only count those old people as the working class whites?

Do the 64 and younger whites NOT count now?

Gaborn

scorcho said:
you're right. WSJ is a left-of-center 'blog'.

i like how they give big-ups to the NON-PARTISAN Brennan Center. high five.

Ok, fair enough, I maintain though the article is lazy journalism, whether they pulled it from the WSJ or anywhere else.

And just because the Brennan Center is "non-partisan" that doesn't mean they're non-partisan. James Dobson's group, Focus on the Family is a 501(c)(3) corporation, but they're not actually what I'd call non-partisan either.

Tamanon

Banned
So, what's McCain's deal with this whole anti-Russia, pro-Georgia stuff?

"Today, we are all Georgians" at a town hall today...I think he's trying to foster nationalism against the Big Red Menace, it just seems really weird.

GhaleonEB said:
Gaborn just imploded on himself. :lol

Also from that left-of-center blog:

I voted for Leach when I lived in Iowa. Didn't agree with all of his positions, but he was a generally pragmatic representative. Glad to see him supporting Obama.

it would be awesome if this was the start of a new movement, similar to Obama's slow acquisition of superdelegates.

scorcho

while the Brennan Center thrives under the tutelage of NYU Law, it's also worth noting that the only conservative think tank pushing massive voter fraud claims (ACVR) folded inauspiciously once it was realized that -

a. the EAC realized that known unknowns that can't be proven don't prove the unknown
b. ACVR was an arm of the GOP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Center_for_Voting_Rights
http://www.bradblog.com/?page_id=4418

And just because the Brennan Center is "non-partisan" that doesn't mean they're non-partisan. James Dobson's group, Focus on the Family is a 501(c)(3) corporation, but they're not actually what I'd call non-partisan either.
what?

Gaborn

scorcho said:

What what? I think my point was pretty clear. Calling it non-partisan is as meaningless as Bill O'Reilly claiming he's an independent.

Edit: :lol :lol :lol just saw my new tag, that's what I get for lazy posting

GhaleonEB

Tamanon said:

"Today, we are all Georgians" at a town hall today...I think he's trying to foster nationalism against the Big Red Menace, it just seems really weird.
I was just reading Josh Marshall's posts about this. He picked up on that as well.

McCain gets on the grandiosity bandwagon talking about the crisis in Georgia.

Notice too that McCain's first talking point is that Georgia was one of the first countries to officially adopt Christianity. Beside pandering to the Christian right, what is the relevance of that exactly? This is one dangerous guy ...

I know I've made this point in various ways in several posts over the last day or so. But watching John McCain speak about the Georgian crisis in the video below should deeply worry anyone interested in a sane US foreign policy -- or the safety of their children. One arch joke from the earlier part of this decade was that the one good thing about the neocons obsession with getting into a war with Iraq was that it distracted them from their much bigger obsessions -- ratcheting up Cold Wars with China and/or Russia.

The people that are pulling McCain's strings are the people who want to push us into a new Cold War with the Russians -- and ironically and a bit improbably with the Chinese too. But the Russians are probably more willing to oblige us since their power remains limited to oil reserves and military power. In other words, they're people McCain's folks can understand and vice versa.

McCain is going out of his way to cast this as a replay of 1938 and 1939. Is it really in our interest to get into a renewed Cold War with Russia right now? Do we have the military resources for a proxy/advisor war in the Caucasus at the moment? Should we find ourselves in the situation where the Russians want to reassert their sway in Eastern Europe, we would have some very serious and consequential decisions to make. But this just is not that. The key is that McCain, both in terms of policy and temperament, wants to court that result.

It's sort of funny when he's just an unhinged senator. But think for a moment where we'd be if this man were president right now, as he may well be in six months. This man takes the counsel of the people who got us into the Iraq War. On foreign policy, he is in league with the people who were so extreme they've now largely been kicked out of the Bush administration. People like John Bolton and others like him.

It's beyond Obama or political strategy or dinging McCain on this or that policy.

This man is simply too dangerous and unstable to be president. People need to wake up and get a look of the preview he's giving us of a McCain presidency.

Agent Icebeezy

Tamanon said:

If Barack would have done that, they would have questioned his patriotism

scorcho

Tamanon said:

a. one of his advisors was a paid lobbyist for Georgia. (warning! left of center publication link)
b. ignorant machismo foreign policy without actual balls polls well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom