• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
RubxQub said:
What sucks is that I've now heard two male oriented responses when referring to the VP choice.

Obama said something yesterday about "him", now Biden says something today about "that guy".

If it's Bayh, I'm going to become Bi and start fucking people as I drive by and wave bye.

If it's Kaine, I'm going to break both my legs and walk with a cane and get wisdom from Deckard Cain as I eat sugar cane.

Fuck them both. FUCK EM!

I'm not sure about Obama's comment, but I think Biden's was meant to be gender neutral.

Tamanon

Banned
Considering over half the Dem representatives and nearly half the Dem senators voted against the bill, I don't know why you would think that there was any real "party line" he would be choosing to follow.

I mean, look at the Dems that voted against it:

Sens. Akaka (D-HI), Bingaman (D-NM), Boxer (D-CA), Byrd (D-WV), Conrad (D-ND), Corzine (D-NJ), Dayton (D-MN), Durbin (D-IL), Feingold (D-WI), Graham (D-FL), Inouye (D-HI), Kennedy (D-MA), Leahy (D-VT), Levin (D-MI), Mikulski (D-MD), Murray (D-WA), Reed (D-RI), Sarbanes (D-MD), Stabenow (D-MI), Wellstone (D-MN), Wyden (D-OR).

Some of those are some heavy hitters.

grandjedi6 said:
His own son said he wasn't!

His son said he doesn't "think" he was.

Look, the VP speech is themed around "securing america" and around appreciating our veterans.... who else would fit that bill now... other then Clark?

Biden is out... Kaine is out...

Its either going to Clark... or by surprise it could be Webb.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
Cheebs, please predict McCain will win the election so it is certain Obama will win it.

So basically Cheebs is the Konex of PoliGAF? I'm still not completely sure who Konex even is/was, but from what I've gathered in the Olympics thread it seems like he jinxes everything.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Deus Ex Machina said:
Nope.

Go!!! Sebelius!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My guess is..."

Hootie said:
So is Cheebs the Konex of PoliGAF? I'm still not completely sure who Konex even is/was, but from what I've gathered in the Olympics thread it seems like he jinxes everything.

How dare thee speaketh his name in doth presence?! Thou shall never mention his name.

Don't understand the Biden hate... the man knows his stuff and is not afraid to speak up.

Oh, and I mentioned this a long time ago, but still think he has a legit shot: Chris Dodd.

No one is mentioning him. There's another hint.

grandjedi6

Karma Kramer said:
His son said he doesn't "think" he was.

Look, the VP speech is themed around "securing america" and around appreciating our veterans.... who else would fit that bill now... other then Clark?

Biden is out... Kaine is out...

The convention schedulers are completely seperate from the VP pick. Just because the day is themed "securing America" doesn't mean the VP will be.

Hootie said:
So basically Cheebs is the Konex of PoliGAF? I'm still not completely sure who Konex even is/was, but from what I've gathered in the Olympics thread it seems like he jinxes everything.
I don't know who that is either, but what I do know is that every prediction Cheebs makes, it turns out to be wrong.

reilo

grandjedi6 said:
The convention schedulers are completely seperate from the VP pick. Just because the day is themed "securing America" doesn't mean the VP will be.

And apparently Biden was also the front-runner for the Veep slot according to "sources."

grandjedi6 said:

It would be pretty idiotic to have a speech themed around the military and then have the VP be someone who has no experience in the military.

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
Webb ruled himself out. When asked for documents by the veep search team, Webb put out a public statement saying he wasn't interested.

I think Obama has mentioned before that he wants to pick someone he gets along with and can govern well, not someone who fills out some arbitrary "weakness" and will help him get elected.

Of course, he could just be saying that to make people wonder, so who knows.

reilo

soul creator said:
I think Obama has mentioned before that he wants to pick someone he gets along with and can govern well, not someone who fills out some arbitrary "weakness" and will help him get elected.

Of course, he could just be saying that to make people wonder, so who knows.

Him and Clark get along very well. That 2002 speech about Iraq by Obama might have just as well been written by Clark. Those two are 1:1 when it comes to foreign policy.

grandjedi6

Karma Kramer said:
It would be pretty idiotic to have a speech themed around the military and then have the VP be someone who has no experience in the military.
Who says the speech has to be themed around the military? I think you are both taking the day's "theme" to literally as you are not taking in account "last minute changes".

TDG

Banned
Tamanon said:
Considering over half the Dem representatives and nearly half the Dem senators voted against the bill, I don't know why you would think that there was any real "party line" he would be choosing to follow.

I mean, look at the Dems that voted against it:

Some of those are some heavy hitters.
That's true. Again, I'm not sure that he would've voted for the war, just as nobody here can be sure he would've voted against it, it's just one of my suspicions. I mean, if he's on the senate floor as a junior senator at the time, who knows, maybe he just goes with what's popular there. I mean, even if he was against the idea of the war, he still could've voted for it, it's not like Obama's stances have been rock-solid-unchanging.

teruterubozu said:
I'm sad it's not Biden. Obama is going it alone like Bush. Bye dude.
Yeah, Biden would've been cool. I'm still holding out hope for Bayh, though Clark wouldn't be that bad.

Anyone else (hi Kaine, Sebelius), and I think you're looking at an Obama/Shadow 08 ticket.

grandjedi6 said:
Who says the speech has to be themed around the military? I think you are both taking the day's "theme" to literally as you are not taking in account "last minute changes".

Rachel Maddow outlined the themes of the night of the VP speech on her show when Clark was on.

maynerd

Banned
the disgruntled gamer said:
That's true. Again, I'm not sure that he would've voted for the war, just as nobody here can be sure he would've voted against it, it's just one of my suspicions. I mean, if he's on the senate floor as a junior senator at the time, who knows, maybe he just goes with what's popular there. I mean, even if he was against the idea of the war, he still could've voted for it, it's not like Obama's stances have been rock-solid-unchanging.

He also could have just turned republican right in the middle of his first term too!

TDG

Banned
maynerd said:
He also could have just turned republican right in the middle of his first term too!
I don't know why you're being so defensive. I'm an Obama supporter, remember? Is it because you know very well that it could've happened?

The reality is, you have as much of an argument that he wouldn't have voted for the war as I do that he would've voted for the war.

grandjedi6

Karma Kramer said:
Rachel Maddow outlined the themes of the night of the VP speech on her show when Clark was on.
The day's theme was decided 2 weeks ago separately from Obama. Obama likely picked the VP a day or two ago. It is unlikely to be Clark but even if it is the day's theme wouldn't be evidence of it

Its not going to be Sebelius... she already is speaking on Tuesday night. Unless they set that up to throw us off... or something... it wouldn't make sense why she would speak twice at the convention.

Clark said he might be in Milan Italy... and hasn't decided if he was going to be at the convention... who the fuck plans shit like this? How could it be that you might be flying 9 hours across the world... and that you don't know what you are doing during the convention.

Come on people! PEOPLE!

You know I am right. Just admit it...

Admit defeat and lets end all this speculation.

Obama/Clark.

End of story.

FoneBone

Right-wing cartoonists are AWESOME, and Glenn McCoy is the AWESOMEST of them all:

gm080819.gif

TDG

Banned
FoneBone said:
Right-wing cartoonists are AWESOME, and Glenn McCoy is the AWESOMEST of them all:

http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/gm/2008/gm080819.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow. I love humor that lacks humor. That was great.
[QUOTE=Dax01]Clark or someone out of left field...?[/QUOTE]
You guys do realize that Biden wasn't the only one of the people on the supposed short list, right?

There are these guys... one's named Kaine, the other Bayh...

maynerd

Banned
the disgruntled gamer said:
I don't know why you're being so defensive. I'm an Obama supporter, remember? Is it because you know very well that it could've happened?

The reality is, you have as much of an argument that he wouldn't have voted for the war as I do that he would've voted for the war.

No the reality is that we have record of his position at the time while you are pulling this out of your butt.

Tamanon

Banned
Deus Ex Machina said:
Who do guys think Mccain will pick now? Romney still? If Obama did pick Sebelius, who would McCain pick to counter the competition for the women's vote?

Huckabee is trying his damnedest to kill any chance of Romney.

TDG

Banned
maynerd said:
No the reality is that we have record of his position at the time while you are pulling this out of your butt.
So you can say, with all certainty, that had Obama been in the U.S. senate at the time of the vote, that he would've voted against the war?

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
Its not going to be Sebelius... she already is speaking on Tuesday night. Unless they set that up to throw us off... or something... it wouldn't make sense why she would speak twice at the convention.
Sebelius said that every person on the short list had been given a speaking slot. So who ever it is, they will have to make a schedule change.

The convention schedulers and veep team are 100% seperated.

GhaleonEB said:
Sebelius said that every person on the short list had been given a speaking slot. So who ever it is, they will have to make a schedule change.

The convention schedulers and veep team are 100% seperated.

We shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom