• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDG

Banned
maynerd said:
Exactly. You can't say for sure that he would've voted against the war, just as I can't say for sure that Obama would've voted for the war. We can't know for sure, it's just a suspicion of mine, nothing more. I rest my case. I'm sorry that my opinion enrages you so much.

maynerd

Banned
the disgruntled gamer said:
Exactly. You can't, just as I can't say for sure that Obama would've voted for the war. It's just a suspicion of mine, nothing more. I rest my case.

Dude this is dumb. He had a position in 2002 anything outside of his position is pure speculation by you with ZERO evidence.

worldrunover said:
Don't understand the Biden hate... the man knows his stuff and is not afraid to speak up.

Oh, and I mentioned this a long time ago, but still think he has a legit shot: Chris Dodd.

No one is mentioning him. There's another hint.
The politics and eggs guy?

GhaleonEB

Exactly. You can't, just as I can't say for sure that Obama would've voted for the war. It's just a suspicion of mine, nothing more. I rest my case.
You can't prove that hypothetical one way or the other. But it's worth noting that Obama was gearing up for a state Senate campaign when he came out against the war, and at the time invading Iraq had broad popular support. He was already taking an unpopular position then. So while this is purely hypothetical either way, I think the burden of the argument falls on why Obama would have switched his position were he in the national Senate.

Note: I don't think that is a hypothetical worth debating. Just sayin'.

Karma Kramer said:
We shall see...
Are you making a prediction?

teruterubozu said:
Clark has all the right credentials, but fuck if this turns into old white dudes battling it out wearing their medals. Obama may get overshadowed.
How could it turn out like that?

Boogie said:
Damn, don't know who Konex is?

I supose you noobs don't even know who Futami is, either. :p
Nope.

TDG

Banned
maynerd said:
Dude this is dumb. He had a position in 2002 anything outside of his position is pure speculation by you with ZERO evidence.
Maynerd, I never pretended it was anything BUT speculation by me. You just feel this odd obligation to attack me about this because you think I'm being anti-Obama or something, and to be honest, I don't really understand it.

The FIRST goddamn time I brought this up, I said "I think Obama likely would've voted for the war if he'd been in the senate at the time." The key words there: I THINK.

I THINK

It's nothing but my speculation and opinion on the matter, and I've never pretended it's anything other wise. You are getting upset about NOTHING.

Tamanon

Banned
http://thepage.time.com/2008/08/19/romney-added-to-denver-speakers-list/

The former Massachusetts Governor is scheduled to speak at a GOP counter-rally Tuesday at an arena nearby the Dems’ Pepsi Center in downtown Denver.

The GOP says it’s planning to put on speeches by prominent Republican opponents all week.

I honestly didn't think this would ever happen. Actual counter-programming during convention week. It's pretty shameful.

maynerd

Banned
Maynerd, I never pretended it was anything BUT speculation by me. You just feel this odd obligation to attack me about this because you think I'm being anti-Obama or something, and to be honest, I don't really understand it.

The FIRST goddamn time I brought this up, I said "I think Obama likely would've voted for the war if he'd been in the senate at the time." The key words there: I THINK.

I THINK

It's nothing but my speculation and opinion on the matter, and I've never pretended it's anything other wise. You are getting upset about NOTHING.

You are assuming a lot in your statements. I'm not upset, i never thought you were being anti-obama, and I don't feel like I'm attacking you. In fact by the tone of your responses you appear to be upset. Perhaps you should relax a bit.

You said I think, I said why do you think this, and you gave a response that was quite lacking.

I THINK you should rethink your position.

Sorry has this been reported yet?

Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:02 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: 2008, Obama

From NBC/NJ's Mike Memoli
As Delaware Sen. Joe Biden left his home a few minutes ago, golf clubs in tow, he was asked where he was going to be on Saturday.

Biden replied, "Here" and pointed down to his driveway.

As he pulled out of the driveway in the driver's seat of his car he then said to the press gathered near his gate, "You guys have better things to do. I'm not the guy."

MAIN PAGE

Door2Dawn

Banned
maynerd said:
You are assuming a lot in your statements. I'm not upset, i never thought you were being anti-obama, and I don't feel like I'm attacking you. In fact by the tone of your responses you appear to be upset. Perhaps you should relax a bit.

You said I think, I said why do you think this, and you gave a response that was quite lacking.

Well I think he should rethink about rethinking about his position.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Seriously, with all this stuff going on..........how the hell does Biden find time for golfing on a weekday? I work 8-5 and have a young family, and I'd be hard-pressed to find free time. He's a senator on the VP shortlist that just flew back from Georgia a few days ago. How do they do it??

Also, Biden is just throwing you guys off, he's the guy.

Xdrive05

VanMardigan said:
Seriously, with all this stuff going on..........how the hell does Biden find time for golfing on a weekday? I work 8-5 and have a young family, and I'd be hard-pressed to find free time. He's a senator on the VP shortlist that just flew back from Georgia a few days ago. How do they do it??

Better yet, he chose the word "guy" to throw us all off!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Xdrive05 said:
Better yet, he chose the word "guy" to throw us all off!
*nods*

VanMardigan said:

I doubt Biden cares what GAF thinks :lol

Also, where is the unquestionable proof that he's the guy?

VanMardigan said:

"golfing" means going off to an undisclosed location to write his speech thanking Obama for letting him run for the VP slot.

Deus Ex Machina said:
Who do guys think Mccain will pick now? Romney still? If Obama did pick Sebelius, who would McCain pick to counter the competition for the women's vote?
McCain's been doing a great job at trolling the presidential campaign process so far, and I'd love to see him go all the way by naming Lieberman, Giuliani or Romney as his running mate. Many lulz would be had and McCain would secure the title of the 3rd greatest IRL troll that ever lived (numbers one and two of course being dubya and bin laden respectively) with chances to move up higher if he actually gets elected.

Karma Kramer said:
Yes I am... with logic and reason I have concluded that Clark has the best shot.

Anyone else want to take a bold step and say who they think will get the VP slot?

It's going to be...

me!!! Look forward to the VP debates where I scathingly agree with my Republican counter-part, Ro-, er, the other dude!

TDG

Banned
maynerd said:

I'm not really upset, more like frustrated, because all I've ever been doing is speculating, so to be told that I'm just speculating... it's sort of one of those moments when you throw your hands up into the air.

If you think my response is lacking, that's fine. Your case has a lot more going for it than mine does. My only point has ever been that we can't know whether he would've voted for the war or not. I suspect that he would've voted for the war based on the political climate, based on the fact that Obama has changed his positions before, etc.

TDG

Banned
VanMardigan said:
It's certainly possible, though most of the veep candidates have been being coy, not outright saying no. It would be odd of him to outright lie about this.

RubxQub

Matthews is back on Hardball, back from surviving an pneumonia.

Edit: McCain reading cue cards during a freaking visit to an oil rig. :lol :lol :lol

This man is such a hack...

I'd support Obama BinBiden! Make it happen! Terrorist Fist Bump for the Win!

Seriously I also don't get all the Biden hate. If you watched any of the primary debates, he was almost always the best one out there. He knows the issues and he can think quick on his feet. He'll also make a great attack dog.

RubxQub

Deus Ex Machina said:
DrudgeReport has big Sebelius picture on front page with caption....

INSTEAD OF HRC?

Hillary doesn't want it.. Sebelius is more qualified regardless.
Caption said:
Sebelius, a possible Democratic running mate wouldn't say if she expects to be chosen by presidential candidate Barack Obama
CONFIRMED BITCHES!

woeds said:
Wait.....what? he just read my mind. This is the first time that I see a member of the MSM telling it exactly how it is regarding McCain.

Jack Cafferty is all kinds of awesome. He's one of the few talking heads on CNN that has a brain.

I love how people say Obama doesn't experience. Well te me this: How many Americans do you think can list George W. Bush's work history? Less than 50%?

Anyway, I love how McCain is standing on an oil rig saying if he were president, he'd get congress together and have them vote to offshore drill. Yeah, like that hasn't been tried already. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
:lol Obama

"Lemme see a show of hands, who in here makes more than 2.5 million dollars a year."

College girl raises her hand as a joke

"OK, you, then I want a campaign contribution!"

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I love how people say Obama doesn't experience. Well te me this: How many Americans do you think can list George W. Bush's work history? Less than 50%?

I'm pretty sure most people know he was governor of Texas.

RubxQub

MSNBC seriously can't stop this Hillary VP talk nonsense.

Fools need to recognize it'll be Sebelius.

Door2Dawn said:
ISWYDT...

Tamanon

Banned
I actually like Obama's new populist tact he's taking in this opening, the way of painting the negative campaigning as feeding on the cynicism of people in the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom