• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of USA General Elections (DAWN OF THE VEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard Fineman still pushing the "Obama is arrogant" argument today on Hardball again. I'm expecting this to show up in an attack Ad some day.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tamanon said:
The usual, wants someone that believes as he does, that won't be taking over like Cheney did, and that can be President.

Which I want Clark because he'd respect the chain of command.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Thank GOD this guy didn't ask for a handout or for saving.

...freaking bullet dodged.

reilo

"Obama and his Veep choice will appear on the Illinois capital this Saturday" - Anonymous Obama campaign spokesman. Just mentioned on Hardball.

RubxQub

OBAMA IS SNEEZING ZOMG BOTTLE 'DEM GERMS!

Edit: Fucking awesome "If I shake your hand, make sure you wash them after this" :lol

reilo

Tamanon said:
Good lord, the dude can answer almost any question it seems in depth and with solutions. Amazing. Town Hall over!

Therefore, unfit to be President.

Frank the Great said:
GovSebelius.jpg

DO IT
Yeah1!

RubxQub

reilo said:
Therefore, unfit to be President.
He's elitist because he can speak to all of the issues with detail. Fucking elitist moron.

Please be more stupid so that the average American can take solace in the fact that they are equal to you.

Edit: I just saw Sebelius on MSNBC....what was that?!

Newsweek's Fineman is saying he's betting his life that Biden will be vetted. I guess it is Biden. Have a foreign policy expert while Obama dealing with the domestic issues.

Obama knocked it out of the park in this town hall meeting IMO. I'm waiting for the pundits to say he was too wordy and didn't have enough sensational sound bite material for them though which made this a loss for him or something.

GhaleonEB

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Newsweek's Fineman is saying he's betting his life that Biden will be vetted. I guess it is Biden. Have a foreign policy expert while Obama dealing with the domestic issues.
You might have missed it - but Biden said "I'm not the guy" when asked just a short time ago.

For anyone watching the McCain docu on Fox, they do appear to be planning to at least mention some of his controversial moments but the difference in tone is still funny nonetheless.

Really the biggest difference though is the imagery used. For Obama it was grainy photos of gritty looking people, for McCain when they talk about his drinking and bad behavior as a student it's all smiles, such a rascal!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Tamanon said:
Good lord, the dude can answer almost any question it seems in depth and with solutions. Amazing. Town Hall over!

I'm not sure why he doesn't just go ahead and do the town hall's with McCain.

Tamanon

Banned
typhonsentra said:
For anyone watching the McCain docu on Fox, they do appear to be planning to at least mention some of his controversial moments but the difference in tone is still funny nonetheless.

Hopefully they use the terminology "enhanced interrogation techniques" for his POW time:p

VanMardigan: He offered to do some, just not the schedule McCain laid out. He wanted more control of where he'd campaign.

reilo

GhaleonEB said:
You might have missed it - but Biden said "I'm not the guy" when asked just a short time ago.

Chuck Todd says not to read too much into that, as Biden had a huge grin on his face, and the people that know him, say he would be devastated if he wasn't picked and wouldn't be out golfing.

polyh3dron said:
Obama knocked it out of the park in this town hall meeting IMO. I'm waiting for the pundits to say he was too wordy and didn't have enough sensational sound bite material for them though which made this a loss for him or something.

Obama's town halls don't really get much coverage by the cable news pundits. If they did, it would interfere with their "not enough substance, mccain's strong point are town halls, obama is too soft" narrative

Tamanon

Banned
Oh Chuck Todd, don't ever use sports metaphors again.

"If it's 3rd and 4 and he needs 4 yards to cross the finish line"

:lol "You need a 19th person on Football Night in America right?"

Karma Kramer said:
I'm sorry but, watching Sebelius talk in some of these youtube videos, is making me fall asleep.

If she gets picked... she won't be bad... but I don't see whats so fantastic about her. What does she even bring to the ticket?

teh boobiez

TDG

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
What does she even bring to the ticket?
Nothing. And everytime I ask that, the only answer is that her positions are in line with Obama's.

So basically, if you wish Obama could run alone, you want Sebelius.

GhaleonEB

Karma Kramer said:
I'm sorry but, watching Sebelius talk in some of these youtube videos, is making me fall asleep.

If she gets picked... she won't be bad... but I don't see whats so fantastic about her. What does she even bring to the ticket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY4rgdPjlTE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zi81tGVb6Q

BORING
She's not much of a speaker. She's one hell of a good governor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Sebelius

In November 2005, Time named Sebelius as one of the five best governors in America, praising her for eliminating a $1.1 billion debt she inherited, ferreting out waste in state government, and strongly supporting public education — all without raising taxes, although she proposed raising sales, property, and income taxes[14]. Also praised was her bipartisan approach to governing, a useful trait in a state where Republicans have usually controlled the Legislature.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/06/the_case_for_kathleen_sebelius.html

For most national observers, the Sebelius story begins in 2002 when she was elected governor in an open-seat race to succeed term-limited Gov. Bill Graves (R).

But those who know Sebelius best trace the roots of her electoral success back to 1994 when, in one of the worst years in memory for Democrats and in the heart of Republican America, she was elected Insurance Commissioner.

While that, in and of itself, was historic -- she was the first Democrat and the first woman to hold that office -- her allies argue that what she did with the office revealed her as a competent and effective executive willing to make tough decisions -- traits that led to so much success later.

Specifically, Sebelius fans point to a decision in February 2002 in which she rejected an attempt by Anthem, an Indiana-based health insurance company, to buy out Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas. Commissioner Sebelius cited the need to maintain local control of the insurer and keep costs down for average Kansans.

She was the first insurance commissioner in the country to deny a merger of this sort, thus the decision drew national attention. Although it was not a clear political home run at the time (and Sebelius had already made clear that she was planning to run for governor that year), she banned her campaign team from playing any role in the decision.

Tamanon

Banned
Keith's been visiting DailyKOS too much, he keeps saying "BREAKING"

Take heart: Maddow will still be doing her radio show/podcast.

Credit where it's due to Fox: This is the most time I've ever seen given on the news to the Keating scandal. They attempt to defend him more than they did Obama with the Rezko portion of his episode but that's to be expected.

hokahey

Not sure if it's been posted already, but CBS is reporting that Obama will name his pick on Friday.

There's also reports that McCain will name his pick a week later on the 29th.

mj1108

Obama will campaign with his Veep pick in Illinois on Saturday where Obama first announced his candidacy.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92LM1FG0&show_article=1&cat=0

Article said:
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Barack Obama's newly minted running mate will join the Democratic hopeful onstage Saturday at a rally in this capital city where Obama launched his White House bid, a campaign official said.

A senior Obama adviser told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday that Obama and his veep choice will appear in front of the former state Capitol where Abraham Lincoln once served. The last time Obama appeared there, he announced he was running for president.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
So Friday he is going to announce?
It will be announced by Saturday. Could be Friday. Could be Saturday morning. Could be *checks watch* in ten minutes.

I just love that no one knows when he's announcing nor who he will announce. Drives the media crazy. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom