• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Bumblebeetuna said:
Why does Obama keep shaking his head and mumbling "not true" every time McCain says Obama described the success of the Iraq surge as "success beyond his wildest dreams"? You fucking DID say it, I was watching when you said it :lol
You're taking the quote out of context intentionally. Please stop.

RagnarokX

2eo8tgo.jpg

Bumblebeetuna said:
Why does Obama keep shaking his head and mumbling "not true" every time McCain says Obama described the success of the Iraq surge as "success beyond his wildest dreams"? You fucking DID say it, I was watching when you said it :lol

Are you serious? Learn to context.

edit: beaten :p

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bumblebeetuna said:
100% better than 1% is still only 2%.

Bumblebeetuna said:

then why did McCain just say Obama refuses to acknowledge the surge as a success?

Frenck said:
You could see in Obama's eyes that he regrets the "kill Bin Laden" line as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

Well he was for killing him in 2001, then against it this year. Now apparently he is for it again.

reilo

"You don't say that out loud."

This... coming from McCain? :lol

BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN YOU FUCKSHIT

pollo

Banned
McCain is winning this debate...he's guiding the whole debate and putting Obama on the defensive and making Obama feel "guilty" about his positions.

Obama needs to bring this back to shit I care about..like OUR FUCKING ECONOMY

Trurl

Banned
BrandNew said:
I guess in general this is a draw, but McCain is obviously going about doing well so so wrong.
These things are won by sound bites (or so I've been told). To me the biggest short phrase was a spending freeze on everything but defense spending, that may have been a huge blunder.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
pollo said:
McCain is winning this debate...he's guiding the whole debate and putting Obama on the defensive and making Obama feel "guilty" about his positions.

:lol :lol

Are you serious ?

reilo

pollo said:

Uhm, Jim Lehrer is guiding the debate. And the debate is about FOREIGN POLICY.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
pollo said:

Uhhh the debate was originally about foreign policy. Due to recent events, they added those questions about the economy.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
delirium said:
How was the surge a failure then?

The surge has been demonstrated to be largely the result of "natural" ethnic cleansing of neighborhoods, not troop presence. Shiite neighborhoods were basically purged from Sunni, and vice versa.

HolyStar

Banned
pollo said:

Obama can't control what the debate topics are also this is a foriegn policy debate.

Dirtbag

pollo said:

Amen.

They breezed through that way too quickly.

pollo said:

I agree. Average uninformed Americans are going to see McCain winning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom