• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
Broseybrose said:
obama assumes americans are smart.
mccain assumes americans are dumb.

this is why mccain will win the election and i will move to europe or canada. its the saddest damn thing ive ever seen.
*Laughs*

I guess this election will answer the questions whether or not Americans really are idiots.

*Sighs*

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's all over! Damn, that was a fast 90 minutes.

Now...WE ANALYZE!!!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Vice President candidates debate?

Don't make me laugh.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

SleazyC said:
No doubt that McCain won this debate. He attacked at every opportunity he got and Obama let him attack while challenging him very little.
People need to stop saying this. He could have been saying how much he liked bananas and you'd make the same argument. Obama nailed him early on, first and for most on anything involving the middle class. McCain at most made up ground on foreign policy because of how little people care.

Zeliard

Dirtbag 504 said:
Hey maybe we'll have the whole world vote on who should be the president of the united states, perhaps that would suit your interests more.

It's no wonder you think that Obama is being naive when he says he'll meet with our enemies.

This silly egotism really needs to end. It's played a huge part in fucking us over in this decade.

besada

Banned
I don't think either is going to get much of a boost from this, which is bad for McCain since he's behind and has the VP debates to cringe through.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Are we done with the poligaf freakout session yet?

Obama did just fine, he came off looking every bit as good as McCain if not a bit better in McCains back court.

Slurmer

Banned
McCain is obviously winning!

no, Obama is obviously winning!

What!?!?? people saying ____ is winning can't be serious!!!!

BrandNew said:
What the fuck, HOW CAN PEOPLE THINK MCCAIN IS WINNING THIS

FUCK ALL OF YOU DUMBFUCKS, HOLY SHIT

To me it's a tie, but I try to view the deabte dispassionately and figure out what line/argument would go well with the average joe.

Banned
What the fuck, HOW CAN PEOPLE THINK MCCAIN IS WINNING THIS

FUCK ALL OF YOU DUMBFUCKS, HOLY SHIT

every fucking day you guys get pessimistic about Obama, and call all Americans stupid while you live in this democracy, and then the polls come out, Obama's up and we have a mini orgasm.

Stop treating politics like a baseball game.

Yeah, guys... as much as I hate to admit it I think McCain took this one. Not on substance, obviously, but on soundbites & perceived strength. Obama was too deferential to McCain, he let certain opportunities to stick it to McCain go right by him.... Obama was good, but there is a lot of room for improvement and hopefully he performs much stronger in the next debate. And stop saying "I Agree with McCain", when McCain isn't returning the gratitude... McCain was being downright rude and condescending, clearly he has no respect for Obama.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Damn Obama's wife has ass or was that just her robe doing that?

Frenck

Banned
Close call, the first segment was a draw. Foreign policy went to McCain and Obama dominated the last couple of questions.

I think McCain will take it, barely. Even if I don't agree with him and his views I have to admit that he was a lot stronger than I thought.

Very disappointing...I wanted Obama to obviously win it.

Like someone said, McCain was a dick (and a confident one)...so that should be good enough for the uninformed.

Wraith

Well, Obama held his own. That's all that I could have asked for. Still, I disagree with those of you who don't believe that Obama needs to be more agressive. America wants a cowboy in Washington. Agreeing with his opponent and refusing to respond to the accusations of naivete in kind did not help Obama.

NomarTyme

StoOgE said:
Are we done with the poligaf freakout session yet?

Obama did just fine, he came off looking every bit as good as McCain if not a bit better in McCains back court.
2 more debate and the VP debate. I don't fucking think so. :lol

aceface

Ok, damage control. Foreign policy is Obama's weak point, so it's good that this debate was first. He should perform much better in the last two. And the VP debate is going to be a fucking romp unless Biden puts his foot in his mouth.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I end this debate jaded.

I know people are going to fall for McCain's presence and think he won the debate, simply because he was the loudest, snarkiest and soundbytey.

Obama outperformed my expectations by a lot, but I don't think he came across as strong as I would have liked.

Substantively, Obama won hands down, but my sad assumption is that this matters very very little to the American public.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hitokage said:
Meh, Obama never directly addressed the surge.
Well, McCain never really addressed anything... we'll call it a tie!

Mathews pointing out McCain's body language and never looking over at Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom