• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Yes Obama link the war to the economy, that's your strength do it do it. McCain wants war without end, how's that going to work in these economic times...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Obama has been off up until this point, but he knocked this question out of the park.

Broseybrose

obama assumes americans are smart.
mccain assumes americans are dumb.

this is why mccain will win the election and i will move to europe or canada. its the saddest damn thing ive ever seen.

Chiggs said:
I'll say this: get some perspective, because you clearly lack it. A lot of Americans will eat up what McCain is saying simply because of his delivery.

What is good about McCain's delivery? Please enlighten me.

Atrus

Gold Member
Chiggs said:
I'll say this: get some perspective, because you clearly lack it. A lot of Americans will eat up what McCain is saying simply because of his delivery.

... and their stupidity.

besada

Banned
I've been fascinated how frequently the red line crosses the median in Obama's favor. It's been above the median for this entire section of speech, whereas McCain had both Blue and Green below the line.

Do the people get that those lines on CNN are real-time polling of the physical audience of the debate? They have little +/- hand controllers and manipulate them as the candidates speak.

Zeliard

harSon said:
Bullshit. Obama's going to take a 20 point nose dive in the polls.

Debates really don't have that much of an impact, particulary not ones in recent times. You guys are really overstating things.

Frenck

Banned
It's a bit tricky. If Obama doesn't agree with McCain saying "the grass is green" it could get interpreted as him thinking it's red.

McCain is throwing general statements around, "work with our allies, restore peace etc".

Yeah, guys... as much as I hate to admit it I think McCain took this one. Not on substance, obviously, but on soundbites & perceived strength. Obama was too deferential to McCain, he let certain opportunities to stick it to McCain go right by him.... Obama was good, but there is a lot of room for improvement and hopefully he performs much stronger in the next debate. And stop saying "I Agree with McCain", when McCain isn't returning the gratitude...

JzeroT1437 said:
There's an obvious difference between Obama's debate material and his obviously scripted closing comments. Obama's a speaker but not a debater. His demeanor weakens and he gets antsy.

Bingo Bango.

McCain talks with confidence (even if it's full of shit).

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What some of you fail to grasp is, that McCain might talk about winning the war, but he's not going to convince 70% of the American public of that notion. The time to win the war in Iraq has passed long ago.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Here comes that stupid remark saying he doesn't have the experience and that he's basically ignorant. Put it to rest, okay?

reilo said:
If I have to lower my IQ in order to understand who won this debate, then I'd rather not watch at all.

Remember don't listen to the content, we have to lower ourselves to the level of the stereotypical "stupid American". Obama is not attacking McCain on every point in the middle of his answers. Obama's answers are more than two sentences, American's are too stupid to pay attention. He's losing. /GAF

Xeke

Banned
God some of you are pricks. Yeah sure some people aren't as educated. But discrediting the majority of the viewer audience as idiots kinda pisses me off.

pxleyes

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
Have you noticed how little the Dem and Ind lines diverge? That's very bad for the Repubs.
ya, definitely true. The red line also rarely gets very positive and stays middle at best.

USD

Zeliard said:
Debates really don't have that much of an impact, particulary not ones in recent times. You guys are really overstating things.
Isn't that the point of sarcasm lol?

SleazyC

No doubt that McCain won this debate. He attacked at every opportunity he got and Obama let him attack while challenging him very little.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You really think his delivery is good? I think he managed to outscream Obama three or four times and that's it. We're acting like Obama was consistently shouted time and unable to make his points.

NomarTyme

Broseybrose said:
obama assumes americans are smart.
mccain assumes americans are dumb.

this is why mccain will win the election and i will move to europe or canada. its the saddest damn thing ive ever seen.
Oh please. Even you think he loss today THERE IS STILL TWO MORE TO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom