• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyStar

Banned
Look at McCain going at the BS surge debate. This is why Obama is losing he isn't calling him out on BS. Biden would be a lot better.

Dirtbag

GenericPseudonym said:
I don't see what the hell is wrong with you Americans. Obama agress with McCain when the two agree, he makes complete and accurate answers, and is quite honest. I don't see how he's losing, unless you're going by pure presentation, which is why you guys have such problems in the first place.

Hey maybe we'll have the whole world vote on who should be the president of the united states, perhaps that would suit your interests more.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Y2Kev said:
You really think his delivery is good? I think he managed to outscream Obama three or four times and that's it. We're acting like Obama was consistently shouted time and unable to make his points.
Some are acting like Obama started crying or some shit.

JzeroT1437 said:
There's an obvious difference between Obama's debate material and his obviously scripted closing comments. Obama's a speaker but not a debater. His demeanor weakens and he gets antsy. It's like when Nixon sweated too much on public TV against Kennedy. You can call it a non-issue, but it weakens him in the public's eyes.

It isn't like that, Nixon was a problem of image, bad suit (too grey, like the background), sleepy face,etc...

In that regard, Obama, is doing a great job, except a few minor things, he is doing way better the body language, McCain is not even looking at his rival.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Obama has been gaining major ground with the last few questions.

mj1108

Xeke said:
God some of you are pricks. Yeah sure some people aren't as educated. But discrediting the majority of the viewer audience as idiots kinda pisses me off.

This is the American public.

harSon

Banned
It's a joke :lol I feel Obama came out ahead in today's debate, I was making fun of those having nervous breakdowns due to unattainable expectations set fourth beforehand.

3rdman

Acerac said:
Your truth makes me sad. Did nobody else watch Bush debate?
If McCain is winning, it's from being prickish. The problem for McCiain is that in order for this debate to help him, he needs Obama to gaffe. As it is, I don't see anyone walking away from one candidate to the other based on this debate...it'll only strengthen what one already believes.

Just now...POW...sigh...

painey

McCain_Wins_Debate.JPG

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
He wouldn't even look at him for the handshake.

Are you kidding me?

jmdajr

I figured Obama would do well, but McCain surprised me.
He did far better than I thought.

Way better than how Bush did 4 years ago.

too bad he picked Palin. that chick is gonna get owned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom