• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandNew said:
A TIE OR SLIGHT MCCAIN "VICTORY" IS IN FACT NOT A MCCAIN VICTORY AT ALL MCCAIN HAD TO HAVE A CLEAR WIN TONIGHT TO ESCAPE HIS BULLSHIT THIS WEEK, AND IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

QFT.

The fact that McCain showed up at all is a loss in my book.
Said just a day ago that if we didn't have a bailout bill ready today that HE WOULD NOT DEBATE TODAY!!!

EDIT: McCain talking about how much he cares for the veterans was a fucking joke!!!!!!!!!!!

Askani said:
Yeah, the VP debate is the 2nd...I wanted to know specifically about the next Presidential debate.
firstread:

OCTOBER 2008
2 Vice Presidential debate in St. Louis, Mo.
7 Presidential debate in Nashville, Tenn.
15 Presidential debate in Hempstead, N.Y.

reilo said:
70% of the country wants to get out of Iraq. Staying in Iraq bullshittery is just pandering to his base.

Exactly. You can call it whatever you want but the American people want our troops out of Iraq; throw whatever label on it you want but never forget that fact.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
RubxQub said:
Notice how after Barack was done, Biden steps in and does the clean-up on all the cable networks?

Palin cannot do this.

Barack's wingman is fucking ace, and McCain really crushed his ability to spread out by picking someone who is completely useless.
Biden is incredibly gaffe prone, though. He has a mouth and he knows it, but that can be dangerous too even if he means well. Still, I can't see Palin taking advantage of one of his slips.

ronito said:
You're misunderestimating the simplicity of the average american voter.
Staying in Iraq indefinitely means victory! We can't leave! Urination economics! They've gobbled up those lies before and they'll do it again.

Except that poll after poll has shown that the average american voter does NOT want to stay in iraq indefinitely, they've already rejected that argument.
It's just that right now the economy takes precedent over everything as it should.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
thefro said:
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/26/politics/horserace/entry4482028.shtml

CBS Poll of 500 uncommitted voters on who won
Obama 40%
Draw 38%
McCain 22%
randyse4.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
watching streams on CNN, John Mccain keeps saying Mr. Congeniality of the Senate

What a fucking douche bag. answer the question, asshole.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Guys, someone needs to redo that Pokemon animated GIF..

after McCain is getting trounced by Obama, they should deploy Palin and have her use "interview" and kill herself.

Cloudy

Banned
Suikoguy said:
Exactly, tonight was a Success for Obama.

Combined with the even better polling numbers, and the upcoming disaster of a VP debate for Palin, and the final 2 presidential debates where Obama should do even better.

Obama's chances at president are looking very very good.

Yah the lowered expectations worked well for Obama :D

Funky Papa said:
Biden is incredibly gaffe prone, though. He has a mouth and he knows it, but that can be dangerous too even if he means well. Still, I can't see Palin taking advantage of one of his slips.

I can't help but think she is being trained in the art of finding sexism where there is none.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Just got off work and hooolly shit. Not going to read 40 new pages, but what's the verdict, and... CAN I WATCH THIS ONLINE yet?!?!?!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
:lol

Fox has another text message poll. Hannity is going to blow a fucking fuse when that comes in favor of Obama.

VALIS

No matter who the pundits and people think win or lost, there were no major game changers tonight. No major mistakes, nothing for anyone to pick up and run with. From an Obama standpoint, this is good. And it's probably good from a McCain standpoint too since he could have buried himself tonight with a poor performance after his shaky week.

I'd love this race to be neck and neck until election day. The Democratic turnout is always a lot more unpredictable than the Republican turnout. A tight race should hopefully keep everyone interested and feeling like their vote is important.

MaddenNFL64

Likeability is fucking huge in politics. We have our entrenched biases, but Obama's ability to make people "feel" good about a topic is big. I KNOW, we in this Poli-GAF community are immune to it, but people who don't hear him alot? It makes an impact.

All the current focus groups & snap polling suggest this. So far. It could change, and I could be wrong in the end, but I think most people saw Obama in a good light tonight.

Brannon

And after watching the 2006 Governor debate featuring Palin, I now know she's not faking it.

It will not be pretty, and Biden isn't even going to attack her.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Brannon said:
"Just because I was there doesn't mean I was right" -Biden

"..." -Palin

Yeah, that was a really good quote by Biden. McCain really needed to pick someone that could say the things he couldn't, like what Biden is doing for Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom