• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugasuki

Socreges said:
yeah i don't think this is all necessarily true.

Even if it is not true, McCain's problem is that by tomorrow it will be the media narrative. Every channel (except maybe Fox News) will repeat it ad nauseum as if it is true. Stories similar to this have been reported enough times that it's echo chamber time.

Socreges

Banned
Rugasuki said:
Even if it is not true, McCain's problem is that by tomorrow it will be the media narrative. Every channel (except maybe Fox News) will repeat it ad nauseum as if it is true. Stories similar to this have been reported enough times that its echo chamber time.
Anderson+Cooper+360+(Recorded+May+3,+2007,+CNN)+(18).bmp

"Next on 360, should we be discussing allegations that McCain merely used Google to investigate his running mate, despite it being hearsay? Our panel, the greatest political team in the history of the world, will debate this question for the remainder of the day. Stay tuned."

kevm3

sevenchaos said:
His team does. Not the man himself.

Very interesting.

Think the republicans will be rid of her before the end of the week?
I think they are stuck with Palin. It would be disastrous to dump her, and would completely shatter any notion that McCain had an iota of sound judgment going on in his ticker.

mj1108

Socreges said:
Anderson+Cooper+360+(Recorded+May+3,+2007,+CNN)+(18).bmp

"Next on 360, should we be discussing allegations that McCain merely used Google to investigate his running mate, despite it being hearsay? Our panel, the greatest political team in the history of the world, will debate this question for the remainder of the day. Stay tuned."

With all the crap bloggers and such have found on her in the last 72 hours and the fact that McCain has dispatched 10 people to Alaska to find out about her after he picked her, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Kildace

kevm3 said:
I think they are stuck with Palin. It would be disastrous to dump her, and would completely shatter any notion that McCain had an iota of sound judgment going on in his ticker.

Keeping Palin could cost McCain the election, dumping palin *would*.

A few tidbits...

Diddy thing has pooped back up a few times. I'll re-post the gif
112ad0l.jpg

The View is back from summer break today. Epic possibilities.

McCain "I've got the worst fucking vetters."
flhnk7.jpg

Considering how fast the GOP's talking heads are to play up the whole sexist angle I'm thankful that Gwen Ifill is moderating the VP debate. I'm sure they'll still try to pin the bully tag on Biden no matter what he ends up doing, but at least they can't claim the cards are stacked against Palin because of who is asking the questions.

Insertia

Lol@Morning Joe

The news coming out against Palin is getting to the base.

I never saw this outrage among the media when Barrack was being called a muslim, anti-american, or terrorist associate.

I never saw the media calling itself out.

Joe keeps repeating this is playing right into the republicans hands.

Bullshit. It's just hurting them.

Insertia said:
Lol@Morning Joe

I never saw this outrage among the media when Barrack was being called a muslim, anti-american, or terrorist associate.

It was just like a god-damn circle jerk of ignorance.

Joe was NEVER worried about the backlash when Michelle's 'Proud of my country' thing was an issue. He was actually one of those jumping on it. 1 of Mika's few good segments cause she fought him on it.

Amir0x said:
man i had a rad dream that Palin was getting slammed by fifty mini-scandals. man that would have been cool
Did you wake up with morning wood? Because if that got you hot the button is going to pop off your trousers when you look at the world wide internets.

FUCK YOU DICK-HOLE EYES!!!!

Scarbs
'Obama would be the least xp president ever'

Mika asks if Palin is a affirmative action pick.

'Obama is where he is because he is black'

Insertia

ViperVisor said:
FUCK YOU DICK-HOLE EYES!!!!

Scarbs
'Obama would be the least xp president ever'

Mika asks if Palin is a affirmative action pick.

'Obama is where he is because he is black'

The hypocrisy is amazing.

Palin being the VP pick is the greatest thing to happen to this election since Clinton dropped.
Great for all the wrong reasons which makes it so damn good. :lol

gondwana

Probably not likely, but if the media keeps airing Palin out, she could get shitcanned before the convention is through. It would be interesting to see how they spin it. I'm guessing they'd go with the "media victim", weaved in with a "family before country" storyline; but even that would conflict with the "Country First" banners blanketing Saint Paul. The RNC would have to dispose of those like the "Not Ready 08" ones they went with before the Palin selection. Not good for the McCain campaign. They're going to be bankrupted by Staples runs.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Insertia said:
The hypocrisy is amazing.

Palin being the VP pick is the greatest thing to happen to this election since Clinton dropped.
Great for all the wrong reasons which makes it so damn good. :lol

Off-topic, but I had to click your tag.

I said this when analyst and gamers were predicting prices of $400-$800 for PSP, PS2, and even the original Xbox..

I was right thrice.

At most the standalone PS3 will retail for $349 (although $299 is the likely price).

I'm sure I'll be right this time. If I'm not I'll eat my hat.

:lol :lol

MORE BULLSHIT about women not liking WHAT BARACK OBAMA DID TO HILLARY CLINTON from Patty B.

What is the case? He called her Likable enough? He obviously should of added because this shouldn't be a who to drink a beer with contest. But what else? Or do the dumbfucks just pull this out of their asses.

Baby Milo

Insertia said:
Lol@Morning Joe

yeah im watching this and some of the spinning thats been going on the last few days

my jaw is dropping im just sitting here thinking "what the hell is wrong with these people"

syllogism

“We are going to flush the toilet,” said Tucker Eskew, who is a senior adviser to Ms. Palin, describing the campaign’s plans for Labor Day, when much of the nation was busy with family and social activities.

BrandNew said:
I don't get it. What did Obama actually do to offend the Hillary Clinton supporters so much...he beat her?

How dare he.

There was an air of inevitability around Clinton; many women just felt like it was "their turn". Obama comes along and knocks her out; many women didn't like that, probably because not only did someone stop her, but it was another historic candidate that took away from their "moment".

So obviously such feminist women will vote for a man with a female VP who shares none of their values.

Looks like CNN is running with the AIP story as is The Telegraph:

"News of Mrs Palin's former membership comes as the latest in a string of potentially embarrassing disclosures about her past.

The party has lobbied since the 1970s for the right to hold a referendum on whether Alaska should secede from the United States. Its motto, "Alaska First", contrasts sharply with the John McCain campaign slogan: "Country First."

It seeks "the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska" and aims to be "self-sufficient" by using profits from Alaskan oil and gas resources. It claims that the vote held in 1958 which led to Alaska becoming the 49th state of the US was corrupt and did not offer a proper choice.

While it is thought that Mrs Palin officially left the party to become a Republican in 1996, she recorded an address for its convention earlier this year in which she said: "I share your party's vision of upholding the constitution of our great state" and told members to "keep up the good work".

Lynette Clark, the chairman of the Alaskan Independence Party (AIP), confirmed to ABC News that Mrs Palin and her husband Todd had both been both members and attended at least one party convention.

"When she joined the party our platform was right under her nose, " Mrs Clark said. "I can't understand why in God's name she has aligned herself with a candidate who opposes the development of our republic and Alaska's resource wealth," she added.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-Palin-was-in-Alaskan-independence-party.html

I wonder if this will neutralize the "Obama is the exotic anti-American candidate". There is anything more American than not wanting to be a part of it. :lol

I thought McCain was bad but Palin herself has given late night comedy enough material for months. Leno and others are probably frustrated that all this stuff came out all at the same time instead of a steady drip every few days. Can't wait for SNL.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-palinassess2-2008sep02,0,1915740.story

One Republican strategist with close ties to the campaign described the candidate's closest supporters as "keeping their fingers crossed" in hopes that additional information does not force McCain to revisit the decision. According to this Republican, who would discuss internal campaign strategizing only on condition of anonymity, the McCain team used little more than a Google Internet search as part of a rushed effort to review Palin's potential pitfalls. Just over a week ago, Palin was not on McCain's short list of potential running mates, the Republican said.

I think people will stop watching the soaps and just tune into politics. There's nothing on during daytime that can compete with this drama. :lol

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
dear Mrs palin,

had you maybe given your daughter condoms instead of pretending teens dont have sex, your daughter wouldnt be knocked up. But Jesus hates latex, AM I RITE?

Good job vetting guys, whats next? we find out she had electroshock therapy?

StoOgE

140.85 said:

she is a big proponent of abstinance only sex ed, the same sex ed that gives the bible belt the nations highesy teen pregnancy rates.

hormone filled teens are going to fuck each other, we are biologically coded to reproduce. but if you love baby jesus enough you can thwart thousands* of years of evolution**

* 6 thousand

**creationism

StoOgE said:
she is a big proponent of abstinance only sex ed, the same sex ed that gives the bible belt the nations highesy teen pregnancy rates.

No. It's already been proven she is pro-contraception, so this pregnancy is not a result of that.

maximum360 said:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-palinassess2-2008sep02,0,1915740.story

I think people will stop watching the soaps and just tune into politics. There's nothing on during daytime that can compete with this drama. :lol

This is ridiculously unsettling. For someone who has the slogan "country first" and runs on experience and judgment, choosing a VP (the supposed first big decision by any potential president) by googling her and talking to her twice (and we all know she doesn't have a long rap sheet in politics) is careless. That is only magnified when you're the oldest candidate ever to be running for his first term.

StoOgE

worldrunover said:
No. It's already been proven she is pro-contraception, so this pregnancy is not a result of that.

oh, well my religious nutjob cousin told me she wasnt. nevermind.

Rindain

Banned
worldrunover said:

How is it that she is pro-contraception yet against sex education about contraception?

worldrunover said:

Link? You have to parse that 2006 questionnaire HARD to get she wants biological reality based sex-ed and not Ab Only.

worldrunover said:

Uh, even if she wasn't, the pregnancy would be a result of her daughter having sexual intercourse, not any one of Sarah Palin's political processes. Politics is personal, but not that personal.

Anyway, nice rountable between Mitch, The Todd, and my main soothsayer Mike Murphy. I think in the long term, drama aside, the MSM is really going to make this a referendum on McCain's judgement.

ViperVisor said:
Link? You have to parse that 2006 questionnaire HARD to get she wants biological reality based sex-ed and not Ab Only.

Gaborn and Jay Dubya have both already posted it in this thread, I can't find it though. I'm sure they'll re-link if they read this.

BB: Well yeah, I'm just saying that she wasn't telling her daughter NEVER to use condoms or something like that.

Also guys I just realized this makes Palin a GMILF lol.

Now this is interesting. One new level of distraction is now criticizing the media for bringing family to the table. Obama is covered since he was against it from the beginning, but it's one more thing getting in the way of McCain's policies being talked about on the news.

The democrats must be absolutely loving this. They don't need to do a damn thing and McCain's message is getting completely smothered every day.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
They fuckin' Googled her?:lol :lol :lol :lol I go to sleep an wake up to this gold. Fucking A'.

And my Republican dad was just talking Two Days ago about how Palin locked up the election for McCain. Oh, she's locking it up alright - for Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom