• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

Funky Papa said:
What? Is the fuuuck.gif banned? I just removed the picture just in case there was some weird hotlink protection...

I got banned 3 days for it and nobody ever told me it was banned! I had been using it for months, then bam.

Knox

pxleyes said:
f9lhy0.jpg

Posted yet?
Holy fuck. I'm voting McCain/Palin...

TO FIND EARTH!

Hootie

OuterWorldVoice said:
Why's it banned?

I guess it gives people seizures? I dunno. I was the official fuuuuck.gif dude for when polls were about to close during the primaries :D

I'd never fail to post that .gif on primary nights, though I believe I didn't start the practice until super Tuesday.

pxleyes

Banned
LOL. She knows about international relations because she's right up there in Alaska, right next to Russia. :lol :lol :lol :lol Oh Fox news.

Frank the Great said:
So you think creationism should be taught in school and that gays should not have rights? Awesome reasons for voting for someone.

95% of the Earth believe in a higher power. And you would ban and censor that from public institutions. I love when the majority is silenced. But, you let Hilary have it both ways when she Lobbies with the churches.

"She states her faith has guided her in every aspect of her life, has helped her through all the tribulations of life, and is a driving force in the way she way she lives her life including voting on issues. She does not believe there can be a division between church and state as her religious beliefs and faith is at the center of her life, thus a part of everything she does."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
2809276553_c6c1bba004_o.png

CNN: NM +14 Obama?!

SEGA SAMMY said:
95% of the Earth believe in a higher power. And you would ban and censor that from public institutions. I love when the majority is silenced. But, you let Hilary have it both ways when she Lobbies with the churches.

95%? Quit pulling numbers out of your ass.

"She states her faith has guided her in every aspect of her life, has helped her through all the tribulations of life, and is a driving force in the way she way she lives her life including voting on issues. She does not believe there can be a division between church and state as her religious beliefs and faith is at the center of her life, thus a part of everything she does."

She doesn't believe in separation of church and state?! Oh my god she is batshit insane.

HolyStar

Banned
I'm okay with Biden being Obama's VP but it seems like McCain doesn't even care anymore/desperate by picking Palin

Even all the talk is about why her?
When she was announced on FOX these were her bulletins

-44 Years old
-Governor of AK since December 2006
-Under State Investigation

That is never a good way to start your rollout especially when the first question they get asked is Why did you pick someone so unqualified? And the second is Who is this person?

Tamanon

Banned
Jon Stewart definitely taking this well.:lol :lol

"She may be Hillary's idealogical opposite, but she's also her gynecological twin"

Hootie

Tamanon said:
Jon Stewart definitely taking this well.:lol :lol

I used to be a staunch Colbert-only guy but recently I've warmed up to Stewart. I guess his show can be pretty awesome sometimes :D

Still doesn't hold a candle to Stephen's godliness, though.

SEGA SAMMY said:

Just because a lot of people believe something doesn't mean it's, you know, true or in anyway provable.

Besides, this isn't about belief in a higher power, this is about creationism being taught in public schools, something which Palin supports.

kevm3

Democrats aren't making the 'experience argument.' The only reason they've brought it up is because it is the main talking point of republicans. The argument that Obama and the dems have brought up has been one of JUDGMENT. So, McCain talks about experience, yet uses his JUDGMENT to pick one of the more unexperienced runningmates out there. And he has only met her once? This seems like a rash decision, and it would be wise for the Obama campaign to use this to pound McCain on judgment. If McCain says, "It's about the experience Obama, he simply retorts, where is the breadth of experience with Palin?"

Hootie said:
I used to be a staunch Colbert-only guy but recently I've warmed up to Stewart. I guess his show can be pretty awesome sometimes :D

Still doesn't hold a candle to Stephen's godliness, though.
Stewards good when good political stuff is happening, he's horrible when there's no good news going on. Colbert doesn't need news to have a good show.

TDG

Banned
I'm glad we have SEGA SAMMY around. It'll be nice to use his post history as a nice collection of republican talking points.

Hootie

yankeeforever2 said:
Stewards good when good political stuff is happening, he's horrible when there's no good news going on. Colbert doesn't need news to have a good show.

Which is why even though Stewart most likely wants Obama to win the election, he probably wouldn't mind McCain winning it just for ammo on his show. :lol

pxleyes

Banned
Hootie said:
Which is why even though Stewart most likely wants Obama to win the election, he probably wouldn't mind McCain winning it just for ammo on his show. :lol
Likely? I think Stewart would smash his head through his glass desk if McCain won.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Daily Show sketches have really gone down in quality...

edit: nevermind. it took a while to get going :lol

pxleyes said:
LOL. She knows about international relations because she's right up there in Alaska, right next to Russia. :lol :lol :lol :lol Oh Fox news.

I said this as a joke this AM on another message board-- and now it's coming out as truth! Good lord, how can this not collapse on itself? How can people continue to watch crap like this? Are people that dumb?

Tamanon

Banned
Ignatz Mouse said:
I said this as a joke this AM on another message board-- and now it's coming out as truth! Good lord, how can this not collapse on itself? How can people continue to watch crap like this? Are people that dumb?

C'mon, McCain has actually cited her PTA work as experience.:lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Daily Show fucking rules. :lol

BTW, that commercial for the premiere of Bill Burr's new special on Comedy Central this weekend, on Sunday after a repeat of Dane Cook's special?

Watch it. Bill Burr = funny as fuck.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
CharlieDigital said:
This probably deserves it's own thread (pretty insightful and well thought out, IMO and offers a perspective on the Libertarian movement), but I'll post it here anyways.

Warning: it's long as fuck (and filled with some bits of sharp wit here and there):

http://www.zompist.com/libertos.html

Mind if I make a thread about this? It's a good read... and it's worthwhile discussing seperately.

Chiggs

Gold Member
A few moments ago on Real Time, Michelle Martin (NPR) stated that Democrats are underestimating Palin. I think she's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom