• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheebs said:
Think of it this way, if McCain wins and dies in office there is no way in hell this girl would ever win the white house on her own. That's a plus...right?
You really think people are underestimating her? I really don't think there's anything left to estimate in this election. The debates will be the debates, but all these things coming out about her will truly define her. Obama is defined, and has been redefined positively by this. And Mccain has already been defined.

ronito

SEGA SAMMY said:
LOL great! Actually I want all points of view discussed in school. I enjoyed talking Darwin and creationism in class. My atheist friends and I would have some great discourse. When I was a kid I was allowed to. I am not the side advocating censorship.

But modern science is becoming a politically hijacked mess, and scientists who even question things like global warming are black listed and discredited. Where the very nature of science is to question and doubt.
Science is fact. Certain people unhappy with facts make politics of it. A fact is fact. You can hate gravity all you want, but it still exists....along with other things.

Gaborn

Cheebs said:
Think of it this way, if McCain wins and dies in office there is no way in hell this girl would ever win the white house on her own. That's a plus...right?

Girl? How old are you exactly Cheebs? Must you infantilize everyone? (someone already got banned a couple pages back for this)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Gaborn said:
Girl? How old are you exactly Cheebs? Must you infantilize everyone? (someone already got banned a couple pages back for this)

The fuck? Now girl is an insult? Get the hell out of here.

Is referring to McCain as a guy an insult?

FoneBone

Crayon Shinchan said:
Mind if I make a thread about this? It's a good read... and it's worthwhile discussing seperately.
It's not like it's his article -- give him credit for posting it in the first place and do it. That, or I will. :p

Gaborn

reilo said:
The fuck? Now girl is an insult? Get the hell out of here.

Is referring to McCain as a guy an insult?

"guy" isn't an insult. Calling either McCain or Obama "boy" would be. Demeaning people because of their gender to make them look younger and weaker is sexism and it's wrong.

Cheebs

Gaborn said:
You are reading far too much into what I said. Hell, I think Hillary is probably smarter than every male on this planet. kthx. What should have I used, WOMAN? I don't think I ever throw out the term woman much its not in my lexicon. Look for sexism elsewhere boy.

agrajag

Banned
SEGA SAMMY said:
LOL great! Actually I want all points of view discussed in school. I enjoyed talking Darwin and creationism in class. My atheist friends and I would have some great discourse. When I was a kid I was allowed to. I am not the side advocating censorship.

But modern science is becoming a politically hijacked mess, and scientists who even question things like global warming are black listed and discredited. Where the very nature of science is to question and doubt.

Evolution = scientific theory.

Creationism = pseudoscience farce designed to sneak religion into science class.

I don't understand what your point of contention is.

ronito

Gaborn said:
"guy" isn't an insult. Calling either McCain or Obama "boy" would be. Demeaning people because of their gender to make them look younger and weaker is sexism and it's wrong.
Boy, are you ever right about Cheebs and that chick post.

ronito said:
Science is fact. Certain people unhappy with facts make politics of it. A fact is fact. You can hate gravity all you want, but it still exists....along with other things.
sometimes buddy, you've just got to accept the fact that no matter what you say, or how you say it, it won't make a difference. and you move on. you can feel bad for them in your head, and wish they not spread certain misconceptions about things you hold dear to yourself, like science, but you've got to go at it a different way than what you're doing now. the sooner you learn this, the more productive you'll be in helping science remain faith and ID free

laserbeam

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
You really think people are underestimating her? I really don't think there's anything left to estimate in this election. The debates will be the debates, but all these things coming out about her will truly define her. Obama is defined, and has been redefined positively by this. And Mccain has already been defined.

I think thats gonna be the big thing now. Defining her to the people. Her inexperiance is already well established so its the other stuff that will need to be defined.

We already have one side trying to say she kisses big oils ass even when she and allies put a 25% profit tax on big oil.

People were wondering in that thread on the length of American presidential elections; I've come to the conclusion it's lengthened purely to entertain foreigners.

Gaborn

Cheebs said:
You are reading far too much into what I said. Hell, I think Hillary is probably smarter than every male on this planet. kthx.

So... how old are you again?

For the record

1. a female child, from birth to full growth.
2. a young, immature woman, esp. formerly, an unmarried one.

3. a daughter: My wife and I have two girls.
4. Informal: Sometimes Offensive. a grown woman, esp. when referred to familiarly: She's having the girls over for bridge next week.

5. girlfriend; sweetheart.
6. Often Offensive. a female servant.
7. Usually Offensive. a female employee.

8. a female who is from or native to a given place: She's a Missouri girl.

Dictionary.com

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ronito said:
Boy, are you ever right about Cheebs and that chick post.
:lol

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
SEGA SAMMY said:
Yes you are right Global warming does belong in theology class!

Jesus man, you're really grasping at straws to reinforce your own ignorance aren't you?

Do yourself a favor, keep studying, keep learning, so that you can make up your mind for yourself rather than regurgitating the talking points of madmen and ignorant opportunists.

magus

pxleyes said:
f9lhy0.jpg

Posted yet?

:lol

Gaborn said:

He talks like that in real life. He calls his mom "girl" and sits in the back seat of the car even when he's the only person riding with her

Arde5643

SEGA SAMMY said:
agreed, "Religion should not be be taught as fact in science class, but neither should evolution. You wouldn't need to worry about creationist science sneaking into class if evolution wasn't forced on kids as a statement of fact in schools"
Is this guy for real?

You can't be real, right? You're just a neocon shill who doesn't actually believe what you're spouting here, right?

Seriously, I'd rather you be a mothefucking lying sonabitch who's doing this only for financial gains than to truly be one of those fucking scary creepy cultist brainwashed loons who believes that evolution is not real.

I mean, at this point, you might as well say that the holocaust or moon landing wasn't real and that the earth is flat, just to finish all your shred of intelligence, moral compass, and any hint of credibility.

reilo

Gaborn said:

Barack Obama is my boy.

Have I offended you or Obama yet?

Gaborn

PhoenixDark said:
He talks like that in real life. He calls his mom "girl" and sits in the back seat of the car even when he's the only person riding with her

It must make his grandmother really feel young to be called a "girl"

You were right NeoGAF seems to be 90% Liberal and 10% Conservative

It reminds me of middle school in the NES days when I was the kid with the Master System!

reilo

Cheebs said:
When is Gabron become the champion of the feminist movement all of a sudden?

I thought as a staunch libertarian that he would be for unregulated free speech.

pxleyes

Banned
SEGA SAMMY said:
You were right NeoGAF seems to be 90% Liberal and 10% Conservative

It reminds me of middle school in the NES days when I was the kid with the Master System!
Ya...which one is still making gaming systems? :lol :lol :lol

reilo

PhoenixDark said:
Dude he lives in Michigan: we could meet up at school, or perhaps a neutral location of his choosing

Define "neutral."

Gaborn

reilo said:
I thought as a staunch libertarian that he would be for unregulated free speech.

Neogaf isn't a democracy, but I am for unregulated free speech, including people (including myself!) calling for decency, and the continued enforcement of egalitarianism in poligaf which the mods have been sensational at doing so far.

Cheebs

Gaborn said:
Neogaf isn't a democracy, but I am for unregulated free speech, including people (including myself! calling for decency, and the continued enforcement of egalitarianism in poligaf which the mods have been sensational at doing so far.
Stop being so girly.

Cheebs said:
I dont want to meet up with either of you!

I still need to give you you're movies back tho :lol

also
Greenberg Quinlan Rosner conducted a focus group in the swing state of Nevada with undecided voters or weak supporters of either candidate who watched Sen. Barack Obama's speech last night.

Key findings:

After viewing the speech, more than 1-in-4 of these swing voters moved from undecided to supporting Barack Obama or from supporting John McCain to undecided.

Obama achieved gains on every personal attribute tested in this exercise, with the most dramatic movement coming on some of the most important measures in our polling - 'on your side,' 'has what it takes to be President,' and 'will keep America strong.'

In a head-to-head match-up with John McCain on which candidate would better handle a series of issues, Obama again gained ground on every measure, with the most significant movement coming on 'national security,' 'strengthening America's relationships with other countries,' and 'sharing my values.'
http://politicalwire.com/

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I think that when you break this down, Obama and Palin represents firsts if elected, but it comes down to perception. We've watched Obama rise before our eyes in the last 4 years especially but his road to greatness was defined long ao. We can honestly see him as presidential. In damn near everything that he has done in the public, he's handled it almost flawlessly. We don't see that with Sarah. Even getting away from the fact that she is a vanity pick. Think of all the women that has played an integral role in various parts of our government. I personally don't feel Palin is worthy of this distinction.

Cheebs

Gaborn said:
Nice of you to get personal. Are you feeling alright Cheebs?
It's sarcasm, notice how I reused the word girl after your silly accusation of sexism.

Anyway didja guys here MR. PALIN DRIVES SNOWMOBILES. HOT SHIT RIGHT THERE

Tobor

I just got home from work, where everyone has been either laughing or shellshocked re: Palin.

I turn on Michael Savage on the radio in time to hear him accuse McCain of throwing the election. :lol Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom