• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laserbeam

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
Who the hell are all these nobodys at the RNC? This bitch is annoying talking about her trips to Africa...
Had same thing for the democratic convention. Most of the day is nobodies. more important people come right before big speeches typically. Though it sounds like this girl does do alot of good.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
laserbeam said:
Had same thing for the democratic convention. Most of the day is nobodies. more important people come right before big speeches typically. Though it sounds like this girl does do alot of good.

Well not to seem like an ass, yeah it seems like she has done a lot of good, but I want to hear Uncle Fred speak already. And what's the deal with the conventions and country music? Why not have Paul van Dike spin?

Wow McCain's adopted daughter is large... :lol

Gaborn said:
Perhaps so, we'll have find out since neither of us is probably going to decide the election by ourselves.
Certainly.

I'm telling you, if you care about gay rights issues, the supreme court is to be feared. It has a strong religious-right (mostly catholic) tilt. I think McCain is personally relatively moderate but he will be bullied by the GOP-right into picking another theocratic justice for the supreme court. He said so at Saddleback and his pick of Palin proves that he gets bullied by the Christian-right of his party. Maverick McCain is dead. He committed suicide in order to win the nomination. Born-again McCain has taken over.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I saw a few Republicans at the DNC, anyone see and Democrats at the RNC yet? I think I saw Teddy but I must have been mistaken.

All I know is that Cindy McCain and Sarah Palin would be a lot easier on the eyes than Wayne Brady in a wig for the next 4 years
I kid!

McCain's mom is even hot - for a 92 year-old!
I kid again

speculawyer said:
Cool. I was wondering if we would ever see her. After so much talk about her, I realized that it was kinda weird that I had never ever seen her.

And good on her parents for that. Nothing irritates me more than athletes/celebrities who tote around their kids and do ridiculous things like use them as a shield at a press conference.

laserbeam

Banned
bafflewaffle said:
dang I missed it

c-span says

9:45 bush
10:10 fred thompson
10:40 joe leiberman

(all ET)
Looks like Thompson will be the primary attack dog with Lieberman making his case style speech.

Tamanon

Banned
bafflewaffle said:
dang I missed it

c-span says

9:45 bush
10:10 fred thompson
10:40 joe leiberman

(all ET)

Didn't miss much, I think there's a reason they avoid having her in the pictures. She kinda breaks up the pattern.

Azih

Gaborn said:
which is a lot less harmful than "moving forward" into a dead end of 95% equality.
I do note you ignoring that every other civil rights movement has been baby steps that were seen to be not the end at all. Your 'dead end' contention is a crock.

laserbeam

Banned
Tamanon said:
Didn't miss much, I think there's a reason they avoid having her in the pictures. She kinda breaks up the pattern.
She was in alot of pictures until 2000. Then politics tried to use her as an "Illegitimate black baby" who mccain had out of wedlock etc

Tamanon

Banned
HolyStar said:
If you support equal rights for women you are a feminist.

But she doesn't:p

laserbeam: And the man who did that, Tucker Eskew was picked by McCain to mentor Palin on the national scene! Isn't it beautiful?

avaya

gluv65 said:
I posted earlier a vanity fair piece about murdoch secret meeting with obama and calling a truce, well Obama will be on O'reilly tonight.

I saw on CNBC Power Lunch a segment where they were saying Murdoch was now a liberal. Seriously they were interviewing this guy who had shadowed him for a good couple of weeks and got to know the real Rupert Murdoch. Apparently Rupert and O'Reilly aren't BFF :lol

laserbeam

Banned
avaya said:
I saw on CNBC Power Lunch a segment where they were saying Murdoch was now a liberal. Seriously they were interviewing this guy who had shadowed him for a good couple of weeks and got to know the real Rupert Murdoch. Apparently Rupert and O'Reilly aren't BFF :lol

Murdoch goes where the wind seems to blow. He has no real side

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
speculawyer said:
Cool. I was wondering if we would ever see her. After so much talk about her, I realized that it was kinda weird that I had never ever seen her.

McCain doesn't like to talk about his children. I've never seen his two sons.

p6a.jpg

28.jpg

jackjimmymccain.jpg

Well there they are! :D

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
laserbeam said:
She was in alot of pictures until 2000. Then politics tried to use her as an "Illegitimate black baby" who mccain had out of wedlock etc

If by politics you mean the Bush campaign you would be correct. That is where the personal hatred between Bush and McCain began.

laserbeam

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
If by politics you mean the Bush campaign you would be correct. That is where the personal hatred between Bush and McCain began.
Oh yeah. Mccain flat out said theres a special place in hell for people like that.

Gaborn said:
I'm NOT changing arguments though. I think they're both useful in different contexts. I totally agree that the equality angle in generally stronger though

But you are changing arguments. Once the equality angle achieves that 95%, you conclude that Obama has accepted that angle, but it's not a complete equality, you argue, so you turn to the dignity angle, believing that it's the next logical step for the push. But it isn't the next logical step, and it's an entirely different argument. So you are indeed changing arguments.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
207rd39.jpg

"and they think you should be footing the bill!"

jfayh2.jpg

(universal sign for 'i don't fucking know what i'm doing')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom