• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax01 said:
Teddy Roosevelt was an awesome guy.

"The settler and pioneer have at bottom had justice on their side; this great continent could not have been kept as nothing but a game preserve for squalid savages."

"The most ultimately righteous of all wars is a war with savages."

"American and Indian, Boer and Zulu, Cossack and Tartar, New Zealander and Maori, — in each case the victor, horrible though many of his deeds are, has laid deep the foundations for the future greatness of a mighty people."

"..it is of incalculable importance that America, Australia, and Siberia should pass out of the hands of their red, black, and yellow aboriginal owners, and become the heritage of the dominant world races."

"The world would have halted had it not been for the Teutonic conquests in alien lands; but the victories of Moslem over Christian have always proved a curse in the end. Nothing but sheer evil has come from the victories of Turk and Tartar."

A true Republican.

Dali

scorcho said:
anyone find the trotting out of adopted non-white children somewhat...i dunno...out of Rudyard Kipling? it's leaving a really odd taste in my mouth.
:lol

I thought it was just me. I didn't think it was all white man's burden, but it seemed like a transparent attempt to shake the image that they are monsters or something. It seemed like it was really exploitative and demeaning to the kids.

Tamanon

Banned
"If Senator Clinton was on the ticket with Obama, would Palin be on the ticket?"

"I don't deal in hypotheticals!":lol :lol

I actually love Savage, I disagree with him 99% of the time but he's very entertaining to listen to and I like that he bashes Bush and the right-wing as much as the left.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
UltimaKilo said:
Well I hope O'reilly will press him. Unlike all the promise that he would get tough with Hillary Clinton when in fact it seemed they were meeting for tea...
wait, you watch Fox News? i thought you don't follow partisan media outlets.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
OMG SHE CAN PUT MY FIRE OUT ANYTIME! :lol

The Bush's are there. Standing ovation for them, poor lady on the stage thinks it's for her! :lol

MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK REFORM MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK REFORM MAVERICK STRAIGHT TALK MAVERICK STRAIGHT REFORM EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE MAVERICK REFORM STRAIGHT REFORM

blahblahblah

Tobor

Gary Whitta said:
I actually love Savage, I disagree with him 99% of the time but he's very entertaining to listen to and I like that he bashes Bush and the right-wing as much as the left.

I have to go along with you. Whatever his opinions, you can at least tell he's being honest.

Bulla564

Banned
Tamanon said:
He's probably bitter that his Condi vs Hillary book looks pretty stupid at this point in time.

Speaking of Condi... THAT would have been a difficult VP pick to counter for Democrats.

Mumei

TDG said:
You do realize that nearly every fight for equality has been won with baby steps, not with huge leaps, correct?

Yes, because we haven't been doing baby steps for a long time now.

Frankly, Gaborn is wrong about Obama on gay rights as a whole; Obama is wrong on civil unions vs. marriage, but right on the appointment of judges, anti-discrimination laws, hate crime laws, the repeal of DADT and DOMA, gay adoption, and so forth.

Look, I would have more faith in the civil unions --> marriage 5 - 10 years down the road method if straight people weren't so completely unreliable in the strength of their support. Unfortunately, as any argument in this series of topics around civil unions vs. marriage will show you, the vast majority of the straight people (and even some of the gay people) stop caring once you reach civil unions - and their support is necessary.

If you could convince me that civil unions will lead to marriage more quickly than without doing civil unions first, I'd agree with doing that, but it just feels incredibly risky.

Tamanon

Banned
Bulla564 said:
Speaking of Condi... THAT would have been a difficult VP pick to counter for Democrats.

They would've just kept hammering the McCain/Bush stuff. Although the VP debate would've been more interesting for sure.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Gary Whitta said:
Here's someone else I hate: Dick Morris.

Hate everyone that disagrees with you? I don't know why there is so much "hate" on the liberal side. I don't hate Olberman or Obama and I'm a conservative...

EDIT:I always thought Dick Morris was a liberal?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Carly Fiorina, shitty businesswoman, shittier politician.

I AM BIZNISSWOMAN BIZNISSSWOMANNN BIZINISS I DO BIZINEISS AND AM WOMANNNN

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
UltimaKilo said:
Is it just me or do you just follow me around to criticize? Talk about elementary...
following in the Republican tradition i'm just targeting the less fortunate

Tamanon

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
Hate everyone that disagrees with you? I don't know why there is so much "hate" on the liberal side. I don't hate Olberman or Obama and I'm a conservative...

EDIT:I always thought Dick Morris was a liberal?

Dick Morris is most certainly not a liberal, there's a reason he's hated, it's because he's a smear merchant.

-Kees-

Lincoln was the 2nd most important guy born on February 12, 1809. I don't think the other guy would get many cheers at this convention.

charles_darwin_aged_51_crop.jpg

UltimaKilo said:
Dude I just said I like Michael Savage even though I don't agree with him. I like a bunch of folks on the right. Just not the cockwads.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
'McCain has always put country before politics, unlike Barack Obama'.

This convention is cool, kinda like being in a twilight zone.

rancor

Neo Member
anyone have a working online stream of the coverage? not from an official site though, because i won't be able to see it due to geographical constraints.

avaya

-Kees- said:
Lincoln was the 2nd most important guy born on February 12, 1809. I don't think the other guy would get many cheers at this convention.

charles_darwin_aged_51_crop.jpg

they have the same birthday? that's pretty cool.

Stinkles

Gary Whitta said:
Dude I just said I like Michael Savage even though I don't agree with him. I like a bunch of folks on the right. Just not the cockwads.

You mean for comedy value? He's a frothing racist homophobe. One of the worst.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Tamanon said:
Dick Morris is most certainly not a liberal, there's a reason he's hated, it's because he's a smear merchant.

I'm not talking about just Dick Morris, I mean liberals are always so hateful. "I hate Bush, O'reilly, Karl Rove, I'm glad Tony Snow died, I hate John McCain." Of course not all, but that's what I always see. Even the hatred of the Clintons to the Obamas and vice-versa.

Bulla564

Banned
WWWOOOOOOWWWW

I'm going to throw up listening to Hannity and Giulliani. Obama is down to being an inexperienced community organizer now.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Gary Whitta said:

I just meant that "hate" is such a strong thing to say about someone. Surely you can't hate Dick Morris, I'm sure he is a nice man. You might disagree with him politically, but it's not like he killed your children.

Stinkles

Bulla564 said:
WWWOOOOOOWWWW

I'm going to throw up listening to Hannity and Giulliani. Obama is down to being an inexperienced community organizer now.

More questions asked about Sarah Palin's daughter than Obama's past! MORE!

Tamanon

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
I'm not talking about just Dick Morris, I mean liberals are always so hateful. "I hate Bush, O'reilly, Karl Rove, I'm glad Tony Snow died, I hate John McCain." Of course not all, but that's what I always see. Even the hatred of the Clintons to the Obamas and vice-versa.

I'm sure you'll find that both sides have plenty of hate in them. It's not party-specific, I mean look at the treatment of gays in the RNC, or the treatment of Mexicans or Muslims.

avaya

UltimaKilo said:
I just meant that "hate" is such a strong thing to say about someone. Surely you can't hate Dick Morris, I'm sure he is a nice man.

No Dick Morris is certainly someone you can hate, on principle alone. He really is a snivelling little shit.

Guy Legend

Bulla564 said:
WWWOOOOOOWWWW

Wait, is Hannity speaking there or are you just watching Fox News?

OuterWorldVoice said:
You mean for comedy value? He's a frothing racist homophobe. One of the worst.
Yeah I think of him more as an entertainer than a serious commentator, he's like a parody of everything that's despicable about the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom