• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkryhewy

scorcho said:
207rd39.jpg

"and they think you should be footing the bill!"

oh god that's the demon i saw on larry king last night oh god i'm going to have night terrors again why oh why oh why

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
anyone find the trotting out of adopted non-white children somewhat...i dunno...out of Rudyard Kipling? it's leaving a really odd taste in my mouth.

gkrykewy said:
oh god that's the demon i saw on larry king last night oh god i'm going to have night terrors again why oh why oh why
jfayh2.jpg

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
laserbeam said:
Oh yeah. Mccain flat out said theres a special place in hell for people like that.

I believe there was another accusation like this from the Bush camp in 2000 when Bush lost a state to McCain. Something about having a drug addict as a first lady...

Tamanon

Banned
scorcho said:
anyone find the trotting out of adopted non-white children somewhat...i dunno...out of Rudyard Kipling? it's leaving a really odd taste in my mouth.

I kept imagining it being in a Boondocks episode, was kinda bizarre.

Kilo: McCain's second wife was a druggie, the first wife was left for her.

Pakkidis said:
"Palin has more experience than Obama and Biden combined" !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

How do these people sleep at night?

michelle bachmann is a serial liar and is the most freakshow fundie representative in the entire House Republican caucus. Her fundie witch powers allow her to distort her Local Reality Field in such a way that she says these things without believing that she is lying.

It's pretty telling that, out of all of the elected House GOP members, she was the one that would go on national TV and stick up for her in a debate setting. Most of the surrogates supporting Palin with talking points have not been elected officials, and there is a really strong reason why that is the case.

gkryhewy

scorcho said:

http://i35.tinypic.com/jfayh2.jpg[/QUOTE]

gah you son of a bitch

THOSE EYES. Those vacant, vacant eyes. gah

[QUOTE=Fragamemnon]michelle bachmann is a serial liar and is the most freakshow fundie representative in the entire House Republican caucus. Her fundie witch powers allow her to distort her Local Reality Field in such a way that she says these things without believing that she is lying.

It's pretty telling that, out of all of the elected House GOP members, she was the one that would go on national TV and stick up for her in a debate setting. Most of the surrogates supporting Palin with talking points have not been elected officials, and there is a really strong reason why that is the case.[/QUOTE]

She is my new least favorite person on the planet. Syndey Crosby move aside.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Fatalah said:
Is Obama really on O'Reilly tonight?

Isn't O'Reilly at the RNC convention? What's it, via satellite?

I highly doubt that. Bill is at the RNC and there is no time for an interview!

gkrykewy said:

Michelle Bachmann...MN-06...she's evil. The highlight of her first(and last) term in office was something to do with making lightbulbs more efficient...I think she tried tying it into the war on terror too...she needs to go.

numble

Fatalah said:
Is Obama really on O'Reilly tonight?

Isn't O'Reilly at the RNC convention? What's it, via satellite?
According to Politico:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensm...ama_to_appear_on_OReilly_tonight.html?showall

Dept. of Counterprogramming: Obama to appear on O'Reilly Thursday

Barack Obama will appear on Fox News' "O'Reilly Factor" Thursday night, a Democratic source tells Politico.

The move is timed to counterprogram John McCain's speech to the Republican National Convention, which is likely to drive Fox's ratings sky-high and to give Obama access to a conservative audience.

It's Obama's first appearance on the widely viewed cable show, and is a sign of what Vanity Fair today reported is a "tentative truce" between Obama and News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch.

Obama clashed with Fox News during the primary after it aired early reports suggesting he had been a Muslim in Indonesia. The relationship warmed in May, however, when he appeared on "Fox News Sunday" and told its host, Chris Wallace, that he was "looking forward" to appearing on "The O'Reilly Factor."

CORRECTION: Obama will appear Thursday, not today.

scorcho

smart move by Obama. even smarter than hastily picking a VP without full vetting just to counter the opposing side's closing speech.

Tamanon

Banned
BREAKING: Fred Thompson to say Obama is "liberal" and "inexperienced"

NEWS AT ELEVEN!

Kilo: David Gregory sees himself as a Maverick newscaster because he questioned Bush a couple times, he sympathizes with McCain for doing the same.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
In Alaska, several state leaders and local officials said they knew of no efforts by the McCain campaign to find out more information about Ms. Palin before the announcement of her selection, Although campaigns are typically discreet when they make inquiries into potential running mates, officials in Alaska said Monday they thought it was peculiar that no one in the state had the slightest hint that Ms. Palin might be under consideration.

“They didn’t speak to anyone in the Legislature, they didn’t speak to anyone in the business community,” said Lyda Green, the State Senate president, who lives in Wasilla, where Ms. Palin served as mayor.

Representative Gail Phillips, a Republican and former speaker of the State House, said the widespread surprise in Alaska when Ms. Palin was named to the ticket made her wonder how intensively the McCain campaign had vetted her.

“I started calling around and asking, and I have not been able to find one person that was called,” Ms. Phillips said. “I called 30 to 40 people, political leaders, business leaders, community leaders. Not one of them had heard. Alaska is a very small community, we know people all over, but I haven’t found anybody who was asked anything.”

The current mayor of Wasilla, Dianne M. Keller, said she had not heard of any efforts to look into Ms. Palin’s background. And Randy Ruedrich, the state Republican Party chairman, said he knew nothing of any vetting that had been conducted.

State Senator Hollis French, a Democrat who is directing the ethics investigation, said that no one asked him about the allegations. “I heard not a word, not a single contact,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/u...tics&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Yeah, I think we can put the vetting issue to rest now.

I hate the fact that we live in a world in which a hateful blowhard like O'Reilly gets a big enough TV audience that Obama needs to go on his show.

Michael Savage was on the radio again tonight just railing against the Palin pick, saying that it was idiotic, that you should pick a candidate that is qualified, that this pandering is offensive to women and intelligent conservatives, that McCain is blowing the election, and he was getting lots of calls from listeners who agreed 100%. :lol

He repeatedly called for her withdrawal.

numble said:
Dept. of Counterprogramming: Obama to appear on O'Reilly Thursday

Barack Obama will appear on Fox News' "O'Reilly Factor" Thursday night, a Democratic source tells Politico.

The move is timed to counterprogram John McCain's speech to the Republican National Convention, which is likely to drive Fox's ratings sky-high and to give Obama access to a conservative audience.

It's Obama's first appearance on the widely viewed cable show, and is a sign of what Vanity Fair today reported is a "tentative truce" between Obama and News Corp. chief Rupert Murdoch.

Obama clashed with Fox News during the primary after it aired early reports suggesting he had been a Muslim in Indonesia. The relationship warmed in May, however, when he appeared on "Fox News Sunday" and told its host, Chris Wallace, that he was "looking forward" to appearing on "The O'Reilly Factor."

CORRECTION: Obama will appear Thursday, not today.

THURSDAYTON INCOMING

Tamanon said:
BREAKING: Fred Thompson to say Obama is "liberal" and "inexperienced"

NEWS AT ELEVEN!

Kilo: David Gregory sees himself as a Maverick newscaster because he questioned Bush a couple times, he sympathizes with McCain for doing the same.
zomg how will he ever recover from being called a LIBERAL on the national stage??

scorcho

Gary Whitta said:
I hate the fact that we live in a world in which a hateful blowhard like O'Reilly gets a big enough TV audience that Obama needs to go on his show.
Obama is targeting an audience most receptive to his opponent's message. it's a brilliant counter move.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Tamanon said:

Haha! David Gregory has been allover the map for years. You don't know what the hell he believes. I remember me and a friend in Highschool made the "David Gregory Fanclub" and were able to meet him when we went to the White House on a close up tour and proclaimed that we were there to meet him because we were from his fan club. Of course nobody knew who the hell he was back then. :lol

avaya

UltimaKilo said:
Well I hope O'reilly will press him. Unlike all the promise that he would get tough with Hillary Clinton when in fact it seemed they were meeting for tea...

There is a reason O'Reilly backs off against people like Clinton and Obama. If he tried his usual blow hard style he would get destroyed by them.

O'Reilly preys on the weak.

Tamanon

Banned
Lieberman on Obama 2 years ago:

As far as I'm concerned [Barack Obama] is a `Baruch,' which means a blessing. He is a blessing to the United States Senate, to America, and to our shared hopes for better, safer tomorrows for all our families. The gifts that God has given to Barack Obama are as enormous as his future is unlimited. As his mentor, as his colleague, as his friend, I look forward to helping him reach to the stars and realize not just the dreams he has for himself, but the dreams we all have for him and our blessed country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTJbqKuDDM

My how times have changed!

Jak140

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Michael Savage was on the radio again tonight just railing against the Palin pick, saying that it was idiotic, that you should pick a candidate that is qualified, that this pandering is offensive to women and intelligent conservatives, that McCain is blowing the election, and he was getting lots of calls from listeners who agreed 100%. :lol

I never fucking thought I would see the day when I agreed with that jackass. These truly are strange times.

Tobor

beermonkey@tehbias said:

He's one of the only Republican blowhards clearly being honest about this. It's strange, yet refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom