• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
frankthurk said:
I don't see what they are saying (the vote wasn't handled properly, we want a re-vote) as traitorous... but it's certainly not putting 'Country First'.
Sorry, I'm just playing the game. :D

CloudNL

Funky Papa said:
Well, there goes the women's vote

palincovergirlfourtime1.jpg

Meanwhile, on OK's double cover...

obamaokay08.preview.jpg

:lol

This is awesome! :lol

Byakuya769 said:
nom nom nom... come on msm pick that shit up

Outside of race, religion or sex without the power the right-wing media has to drive nonsense stories this is the best were gonna get.

2a7sn4z.jpg

A nom tease.

Holy shit! :lol

http://www.freeople.com/blog/sarah-palins-dairy-industry-bailout/1328

Below are the Wikipedia entries for Sarah Palin regarding the Mantanuska Maid Dairy, from prior to August 29 (when she was announced as McCain's VP) and after it (emphasis mine to note key changes):

Wikipedia, before August 29 wrote:
When on June 6, 2007, the Alaska Creamery Board recommended closing Matanuska Maid Dairy, an unprofitable state-owned business, Palin objected, citing concern for the impact on dairy farmers and the fact that the dairy had just received $600,000 in state money. When Palin realized that the Board of Agriculture and Conservation appoints Creamery Board members, she simply replaced the entire membership of the Board of Agriculture and Conservation. The new board, led by businesswoman Kristan Cole, reversed the decision to close the dairy. The new board approved milk price increases offered by the dairy in an attempt to control fiscal losses, even though milk from Washington was already offered in Alaskan stores at lower prices. In the end, the dairy was forced to close, and the state tried to sell the assets to pay off its debts but received no bids.

And here is the updated section as it now stands:

Wikipedia as of September 2 wrote:
In 2007, the Alaska Creamery Board recommended closing Matanuska Maid Dairy, an unprofitable state-owned business. Palin objected, citing concern for dairy farmers and a recent infusion of $600,000 in state money. Palin subsequently replaced the entire membership of the Board of Agriculture and Conservation. The new board reversed the decision to close the dairy. Later in 2007, the unprofitable business was put up for sale. No offers met the minimum bid of $3.35 million, and the dairy was closed. In August 2008, the Anchorage plant was purchased for $1.5 million, the new minimum bid. The purchaser plans to convert it into heated storage units.

You can't make this stuff up, people. :lol

JayDubya

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Voting against becoming a state that does not currently exist and seceding are not only different, they're almost unrelated in concept and premise.

They're very intimately related when the chief complaint of the group is that the initial vote to become a state was not valid. Many of their members simply wish territory status.

Do you think she's qualified to be the leader of the free world or not?

I think my first qualification in supporting a candidate is that they don't want to "lead the free world," whatever the fuck that really means.

But no, making assumptions as to what you mean, no, I don't think she's super duper accomplished, but she's accomplished enough for the Constitutional role of the vice presidency, which is a pretty good place to build experience.

If the next question involves a heartbeat, may I remind you how much I don't like John McCain?

The candidate you keep defending.

I'm pretty much done defending her; more and more, it sounds like she's marginally less corrupt than the people she crusaded against, reconfirming the stereotypes about Alaskan politics. Superficially, she seemed pretty great. Maybe corruption isn't even the right word, but you can't tout small government and fiscal responsibility when you don't walk that walk.

To the extent that our values coincide, I will defend the values, though I'm more skeptical about her sincerity at this point, which is why I'm a Paul guy in the first place. However, I'm also not exactly a fan of illogical dogpiling or misrepresentation.

If they ever allow her to be interviewed again, I'd love to hear this question:

"Mrs. Palin, you've made it clear that you support 'Under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Given your involvement with the AIP, do you support the continued inclusion of the word 'indivisible'"?

PoliGAF is extremely interesting to follow, but I never felt compelled to comment until this whole thing with the GOP possibly attempting to erase/rewrite Palin's history via the Internet.

Is there a way to get this on Digg or get Anonymous on this? THAT would be amazing.

captmcblack said:
PoliGAF is extremely interesting to follow, but I never felt compelled to comment until this whole thing with the GOP possibly attempting to erase/rewrite Palin's history via the Internet.

Is there a way to get this on Digg or get Anonymous on this? THAT would be amazing.

OH HAI IT IS U, SIAMESE

JCreasy

captmcblack said:

We really need to get this on Digg

wtf, I'm no alt account!

Siamese stole my avatar and made a Rays version. I'm a Yankees fan and post almost exclusively in the MLB thread! I didn't mean anything by posting here if I'm not supposed to or something :-x

esbern

captmcblack said:

dont worry, digg is already all over it

for instance:

Palin's church says Jews deserve to be victims of terrorism

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/09/anti-jewish-ter.html

captmcblack said:
wtf, I'm no alt account!

Siamese stole my avatar and made a Rays version. I'm a Yankees fan and post almost exclusively in the MLB thread! I didn't mean anything by posting here if I'm not supposed to or something :-x
:lol Of course you can post here. Siamese just made himself well known in PoliGAF and since he stole your avatar, its obvious why some people would make that conclusion.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
captmcblack said:
wtf, I'm no alt account!

:lol To be mistaken for siamesedreamer is right up there with whatever fucked up thing you'd never want to be mistaken for.

And you can post wherever you want. We could use some new blood up in here to be honest.

I'm watching clips from Morning Joe on MSNBC's site, how come they've completely turned on Palin today? They seemed more in her favor a couple of days before.

They sorta grilled Guiliani too. Does McCain have any interview lined up with MSNBC he can cancel in retaliation?

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
captmcblack said:
wtf, I'm no alt account!

Hurry capt! Back to the MLB thread! We can't risk losing anymore soldiers!

It was a guest speaker at her church, and she didn't know he was going to speak apparently. Either way I bet this story will find its way into Florida

Tamanon

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Is this a solid source?

If this is true... GAME OVER OVER.

It was already over basically... but this just sealed the deal.

Yes, there were youtubes up earlier about it. I eagerly await the "why didn't she get up and leave?" arguments.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Fatalah said:
So...someone summarize what the hell is going on right now in terms of Palin?
this. I just came on and the first thing I get is that they're deleting youtubes (like people haven't downloaded them already [i just downloaded the most damning one with the vice pres of AIP]) and now her church is against jews? Fill in the blanks gaf, please

ronito

So even money says that if Palin drops out she'll use her daughter's situation as an out. Saying, "I have to be with my family! You vultures!!!" And the Mccain camp will play the victim for a week at least. Nevermind that she signed up for it knowing full well what would happen to her and her daughter and it didn't bother her then.

Aaron

Holy fuck, how can Palin get any worse for the Repubs? All we need is her being a racist serial killer that was once a man, and she would have hit every black mark in the book. She sounds corrupted to the gills, and should be passed around in girlie jail instead of being one bad heartbeat away from being president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom