• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Mother would be a better line. They rail against a nanny state and what not and then it makes some sense.

Glenn Beck. Watching is great if you have an addiction to Rageahol. He induces it in non dipshits post haste. But when Jonah Goldberg was on last night I nearly OD'd.

TONIGHT: Media massacre of Palin
Why the hypocrisy in the coverage between Palin and Obama -- equally unknown before this election? Glenn says the media is angry they were sandbagged with the Gov. Palin pick.

syllogism

Incomplete Tuesday RNC & DNC ratings comparison:

RNC
NBC Republican Convention 4.93 1.4/4
ABC Republican Convention 3.03 0.9/2
CBS Republican Convention 2.94 0.9/2

DNC
NBC Democratic Convention 6.04 1.7/5
ABC Democratic Convention 4.27 1.0/3
CBS Democratic Convention 3.39 1.0/3

BenjaminBirdie said:
So, we've got Dairy-Gate, Trooper-Gate, Earmark-Gate.

Did she ever have any interactions with Bill Gates? Or author David Gates? Or some kind of yard gate?
Why, oh why, did the DNC have to put its headquarters in the damn Watergate hotel?

gcubed

PhoenixDark said:
Gibson has an exclusive interview with McCain tonight, and one for Good Morning America tomorrow.

good god...

Gibson: So John, how awesomely maverick do you consider yourself? Mega Awesome or Ultra Awesome?

laserbeam said:
I think it has to do with the fact people likely including some on this forum believe the baby should have been aborted the moment they found out it wasn't "perfect."
The point is that this family is in a comfortable financial situation that makes it easier for them to make such a decision than your average family, not to mention if it was a single mother.

No one's saying kill all fetuses except the perfect ones, they're just saying that it's much easier for someone like Palin to make such a choice. But thanks for your intellectual dishonesty.

GhaleonEB

man this thread is moving quick.

And all I can think of is this:

610x-1.jpg

Keep digging Repubs. You deserve all of this and far, far more.

so_awes

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/03/lieberman-in-06-i-will-he_n_123541.html

Lieberman in 2006:
As far as I am concerned he is a Baruk, which means a blessing, he is a blessing to the United States Senate to America and to our shared hopes for a better safer tomorrow for all our families. The gifts that God has given to Barack Obama are as enormous as his future is unlimited. As his mentor, as his colleague, as his friend, I look forward to helping him reach to the stars and realize not just the dreams he has for himself but the dreams we all have for him and our blessed country.
so wtf happened? why the stab in the back now?

GhaleonEB said:
Oh my. Open mics catch Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan speaking their minds on MSNBC. Really speaking their minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl=http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

:lol
8a4hxz4.gif

When he dropped out of the race, he said he was doing it so people would rally behind McCain, in order to prevent the terrorists from winning. No joke.

*sighs*
NullPointer said:
man this thread is moving quick.

Tell me about it. It's so hard to keep up with this thread now that I have school.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Fragamemnon said:
Romney's speech sounds like something out of the 1980s. In fact, that's been a common theme of the entire RNC convention-they seem totally stalled in the 1980s/early 1990s problem set and refuse to talk substantively about the kind of bread and butter issues of 2008.

It's just not good poltiics-they need fresh leadership, fresh ideas, and-to be brutally honest-fresh new punching bags. The entire party seems temporally phased twenty years back right now.

Didn't you hear? They want national UNITY and REFORM! Joe Lieberman even said so!

BenjaminBirdie said:
Can someone translate these numbers into ZOMG?

OHIO: Obama 47, McCain 45
MINNESOTA: Obama 53, McCain 41
IOWA: Obama 55, McCain 40

Who conducted those polls? links?

edit: (i'm in the computer lab with no sound: what's Murphy saying in that youtube video?)

Tamanon said:
That's mainly because she's stalling the Troopergate thing now. That'd be the deathknell.

I'm starting to worry that she'll withdraw and they'll get someone better. People need to slow down on the mocking, we are using up all the good material too quickly.

Sarah Palin . . . the gift that keeps on giving.

GhaleonEB said:
Oh my. Open mics catch Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan speaking their minds on MSNBC. Really speaking their minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl=http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

:lol
I remember reading somewhere about someone pointing out how Obama's opposition in every one of his political campaigns has spectacularly crumbled in a completely unbelievable way, almost like there were unknown forces at work. This is now getting to that point.

Tamanon

Banned
speculawyer said:
I'm starting to worry that she'll withdraw and they'll get someone better. People need to slow down on the mocking, we are using up all the good material too quickly.

I dunno, withdrawing means an overhelming electoral loss.

HylianTom

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:

I was skeptical of Ohio in 2004, but with early voting and more than 50 Obama offices statewide, I'm pretty confident.

Looks like most of the Kerry states are a sure thing, along with Iowa and New Mexico. This gets us to 264 electoral votes.
Five more votes to get to 269.. Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, Missouri, Nevada.. any one will do.

speculawyer said:

Her withdrawing would be much better than any scandal that comes out. McCain's first presidental descision would be an inarguable disaster (not that there wouldn't be someone trying use some positive spin).

BenjaminBirdie said:

McCain is going to have to pick it up a bit in Ohio. Due to Dem control of the Gov./SoS apparatus, and implementation of new voter registration and early voting laws, the nuts and bolts of Ohio's voting system are grossly in favor of Obama's GOTV approach.

He never stoood a chance in Minnesota or Iowa,why poll anything but Fraken/Coleman at all.

tanod

when is my burrito
speculawyer said:
Investigate yourself . . . now there is 'reform' you can believe in.

Wow . . . the GOP way: when you are in a hole, KEEP DIGGING!

They'll get to China someday.

polyh3dron said:
I remember reading somewhere about someone pointing out how Obama's opposition in every one of his political campaigns has spectacularly crumbled in a completely unbelievable way, almost like there were unknown forces at work. This is now getting to that point.

well, Obama is the Messiah after all, so I'm sure he could work all sorts of magic on his opponents

gcubed

so in listening to the open mic bit, and it seems the media is less angry about being surprised, and more angry that they have been toting his maverick line along happily, and now he pulls this bullshit.

Evlar said:
Iowa is consistently really strong Obama country for some reason (a point I'm proud of).

He basically lived there from mid 2007 to Jan 3, 2008. The voters are more familiar with him than McCain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom