• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
polyh3dron said:
I remember reading somewhere about someone pointing out how Obama's opposition in every one of his political campaigns has spectacularly crumbled in a completely unbelievable way, almost like there were unknown forces at work. This is now getting to that point.

The man is protected on high by the Prince of Darkness.

The spirit of Rick James.

BenjaminBirdie said:
_cnnpt1.palin.mccain.jpg

"GRRRR Why did you make me pick you?!?"
"Because you have girl parts!"

Tamanon said:
Yeah Lieberman is one of those Liebermanic Jews. I mean he had no problem full-bore embracing Hagee himself.

Well . . . from Lieberman's perspective, Hagee and his followers are just a bunch of stupid heretics that give Israel free money. So why complain?

It's like having some tribe in the rainforest determine that you are a God because of your cellphone and pocketknife and then treat you like a King. Why say "No"?:lol

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073341/

Evlar said:
Iowa is consistently really strong Obama country for some reason (a point I'm proud of).

McCain has never bothered trying to campaign there in the primaries, instead going all out in NH (where he is popular, but that state jettisoned its loyalty to the GOP in a dramatic way in 2006). He also doesn't like farm subsidies. It's no suprise he's getting pummeled in Iowa.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
speculawyer said:
I'm starting to worry that she'll withdraw and they'll get someone better. People need to slow down on the mocking, we are using up all the good material too quickly.

Sarah Palin . . . the gift that keeps on giving.

Wait- the withdrawal would WORRY you? Do you honestly believe they could recover from something of that magnitude? The situation would be considered more of a joke than it already is, and the mocking would not cease. I don't think it's something to 'worry' about.

devilhawk

syllogism said:
Time / CNN battleground polls
Well, the only state that really matters of the three is Ohio. McCain will not win the election without winning Ohio. That state is within the margin of the poll

Obama is up by 2 in Ohio despite losing the white vote by 14 points, and the over 65+ age group by 21. He's got a 9 point lead among women and a 14 point lead among voters under the age of 50. Hm. If the numbers stay around that area - even if Obama is down a couple points - he could still win the state with heavy youth/black turnouts as well as the shit ton of new registered voters.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Dunno if this was posted, but last night on the radio during RNC coverage it was mentioned that someone has video of Palin at her Assembly of God church as a teenager speaking in tongues, which they are going to hold until right before the election to release as a LOL RELIGION attempt.

GhaleonEB

Evlar said:
Iowa is consistently really strong Obama country for some reason (a point I'm proud of).
Ditto. My home state. They've done me proud in the caucus, they'll do me proud in the fall.

The Minnesota number is an out lier - most polls have Obama ahead in low single digits - but the other two are in line with where they should be. All three show movement for Obama.

Worth noting that Bush won both Iowa and Ohio in 2004. :D

gcubed

soul creator said:
well, Obama is the Messiah after all, so I'm sure he could work all sorts of magic on his opponents

that and apparently he just runs one of the most flawless campaigns we have seen in recent history. There are no cracks, no leaks, and no stupid sound bytes. They react quickly and on point to any situation, minutes after it comes up. Thats a lot of pressure for other campaigns... shit guys, if the CLINTONS couldn't crack this guy, i don't think McCain will

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
ManaByte said:
Dunno if this was posted, but last night on the radio during RNC coverage it was mentioned that someone has video of Palin at her Assembly of God church as a teenager speaking in tongues, which they are going to hold until right before the election to release as a LOL RELIGION attempt.

I soooooo hope this is true. It would be amazing.

gcubed said:
that and apparently he just runs one of the most flawless campaigns we have seen in recent history. There are no cracks, no leaks, and no stupid sound bytes.
Not true, they've overcome some sound bites that would have destroyed other Democratic campaigns such as bitter-gate, and the Biden choice leaked before the text message.

Tamanon

Banned
From that Noonan/Murphy clip:

Todd: "Is this really the most qualified woman they could find?"

Noonan: "They decided to go with this political bullshit..."

Murphy: "This is how you win a race in Texas, you run it up. It won't work."

Noonan: "IT'S OVER."

:lol :lol :lol

Incognito said:
According to that same polling outfit in NC, Obama is down only 3% to McCain. Well within the margin of error.

Democratic new voter registration is through the roof here and we think that if we are within 2% or so in the polls on election day we have a really good shot at dragging this state out WAAAY late into the night.

It matters because once NC goes Blue once, it loses its stigma as a firm red state and, with potential gains in the intercontinal west and the northern border states, further reinforces the GOP=dixieland narrative.

gcubed

polyh3dron said:
Not true, they've overcome some sound bites that would have destroyed other Democratic campaigns such as bitter-gate, and the Biden choice leaked before the text message.

yes true, i thought about that, but i'll adjust that to follow that up with the second part of...

...they react with amazing precision within minutes of an opportunity and/or potential disaster...

Tamanon

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Democratic new voter registration is through the roof here and we think that if we are within 2% or so in the polls on election day we have a really good shot at dragging this state out WAAAY late into the night.

It matters because once NC goes Blue once, it loses its stigma as a firm red state and, with potential gains in the intercontinal west and the northern border states, further reinforces the GOP=dixieland narrative.

If Virginia switches and Carolina switches, they'll start turning their eyes to South Carolina!

Xisiqomelir

ManaByte said:

I badly want this to be true.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
reilo said:

There you have it. The Palin pick only made McCain's republican support even stronger - which was already at 90%. This Palin pick would be akin to Obama picking another black candidate as his running mate to improve his support with black people.[/QUOTE]

That...............can't be true. Everything I've heard about the Palin pick dealt with it "shoring up" Republican support, but if was already at 90%..........what?

[QUOTE]I badly want this to be true.[/QUOTE]

I think, if it's done to mock Palin and her religion, it could seriously backfire. I think Palin has already been given plenty of pity ammunition without the far left going even further into her religious history. If anything, it might just galvanize or energize what has so far been a stagnant Republican base. Bad idea, and not just because I'd personally be pissed at it.

Why is MN still considered a battleground state? The only way McCain might have had a shot at it is if he picked Pawlenty but even then I don't think he would have won it.

Palin thinks the US Soliders in Iraq are on a mission from God....

Someone needs to ask her what seperates her from an Islamic radical who also claims to be on a mission from the same God...

Tamanon

Banned
VanMardigan said:
That...............can't be true. Everything I've heard about the Palin pick dealt with it "shoring up" Republican support, but if was already at 90%..........what?

It was more about enthusiasm and fundraising I guess. Remember, Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Let's see, you controlled the White House, Senate, and House from 2001-2006, not to mention most of the supreme court appointees.
And how much downsizing of that government did they do from 2001 to 2006? None? Wait . . . . you mean they actually grew government much bigger? WHO THE FUCK CAN BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY THEN?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
VanMardigan said:

That's what 538 claims. So far, this Palin pick hurt more than it helped.

ManaByte said:
Yeah, this'll come out at the same time as Michelle Obama's "Whitey" tape.

Seriously, Obama's campaign does not need or want this. Repubs can just play victim to a bunch of sympathetic evangelicals if this comes out and paint Obama as a closet atheist muslim.

Barrett2

Captain Pants said:
I'd like to know too, I'm at work and can't listen to anything.

Mike Murphy and Noonan call Palin's selection "gimmicky bullshit," "embarrassing," "cynical," and "insulting," particularly to all of the other qualified woman he chose Palin over. Noonan says the election is "over." :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl

Here is the link again for great justice. This is the best thing I have seen all week -- confirmation that it really is GameOver.

Wolffen

Tamanon said:
If Virginia switches and Carolina switches, they'll start turning their eyes to South Carolina!

Please! If SC swings more to the center, I'd be a happy resident. You'd think we would be going blue as much as North Carolina seems to, but not yet, it seems.

Wray said:
For those of us at work who cant watch, can somebody outline what that open mic clip details?

Tamanon said:
From that Noonan/Murphy clip:
Todd: "Is this really the most qualified woman they could find?"

Noonan: "They decided to go with this political bullshit..."

Murphy: "This is how you win a race in Texas, you run it up. It won't work."

Noonan: "IT'S OVER."

:lol :lol :lol
That's probably the best part of it.

djtiesto said:
So, is anybody else gonna play the Giuliani 9/11 drinking game tonight? I would but I don't think I have enough alcohol in my house...
I actually played a 'change' drinking game during Obama's big speech. Some drinks but not as many as you'd think.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
BigJonsson said:
Palin thinks the US Soliders in Iraq are on a mission from God....

Someone needs to ask her what seperates her from an Islamic radical who also claims to be on a mission from the same God...

ummm, because Jesus awsome...

where've you been

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
lawblob said:
Mike Murphy and Noonan call Palin's selection "gimmicky bullshit," "embarrassing," "cynical," and "insulting," particularly to all of the other qualified woman he chose Palin over. Noonan says the election is "over." :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg&eurl

Here is the link again for great justice. This is the best thing I have seen all week -- confirmation that it really is GameOver.

:lol ...amazing. Palin is the best thing that could have happened for the democrats this year. It really is the perfect shitstorm.

GhaleonEB

syllogism said:
Final RNC day 2 ratings:

DNC day 2: 25,974,000

RNC might beat DNC today

So far:

Conventions2.jpg

With all the hoopla, Palin's ratings should destroy Biden/Clinton. It's going to be a circus.

woeds

I've been keeping track of the EV polling numbers the past few days, and this is how it's looking so far. :D

0309.jpg.jpg

This includes a probable convention bounce (but then, maybe not. This convention/announcement situation is pretty unique)

~Devil Trigger~ said:
ummm, because Jesus awsome...

where've you been

Moses is more awesome, he led an entire nation out of slavery and split a sea in half!

How can Jesus compare to that?

At leas Muhammad was able to conquer a vast territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom