• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
King_Slender said:
Please point ME to anything that anyone in McCain's family has said while campaigning for him.

You have the internet use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwQuaThdCw

Still having the time of your life?

This is what google looks like.
Google%20search%20home.png

Xisiqomelir

Slurpy said:
Please point me to where any speaker at the democratic convention brought up ANYTHING about anyone in McCain's family? That's a pretty disgraceful thing for a kenote speaker at a national convention to do. That's the difference between these two parties. (and God knows that there's actually substantial shit to bring up with McCain's wife if they wanted to go that low, as opposed to this joke of an attack)

Please just stop responding to him.

guess said:
I can't believe that someone that is a candidate for president would say something so stupid like the "Alaska is close to Russia" nonsense. I just can't even understand it.
Put yourself in the McCain brain from the 1950s. THAT THE USSR! THEY OCCUPY CZECHOSLOVAKIA!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
guess said:
I can't believe that someone that is a candidate for president would say something so stupid like the "Alaska is close to Russia" nonsense. I just can't even understand it.

:lol

Hey, illinois is close to Canada...

which is close to Alaska,,,

which is OMG, close USSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King_Slender said:
Please point ME to anything that anyone in McCain's family has said while campaigning for him.

Cindy was pretty quick to go head-to-head w/Michelle after Michelle's "proud" comments.

edit: yeah why bother

Ponn

Banned
King_Slender said:

I'm watching an interview right now on the news with Cindy where she is saying Mccain did a thorough vetting process of Palin because she was sitting right there the whole time.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
guess said:

We're a country where a large percentage can't even find Russia on a map. It's a brilliant move on McCain's part.

Evlar

Banned
echoshifting said:
Makes me wonder if the worsening situation with Russia will help or hurt McCain.
They seem to think it will help them. They've leaped right over managing the worsening relations with Russia to plant themselves back in the Cold War. They're not touting the common "border" with Russia as great trade experience or anything.

Next I expect to hear Alaska is also the closest state to North Korea.

MightyHedgehog said:
I think it's a clear pander to the most ignorant Americans.

Of course it is...and it's a great move. There are a lot of people who aren't going to look into Palin on the internet...the people who take talking points at face value are going to eat this stuff up.

King_Slender said:
I feel GAF is in need of a Dyack-esque tag throwdown for this campaign. :D

No thanks, these fucking threads are hard enough to follow without more bullshit :p

JCreasy

FlyinJ said:
We're a country where a large percentage can't even find Russia on a map. It's a brilliant move on McCain's part.

I'm starting to think they're really stupid enough to think this proximity argument is valid.

MightyHedgehog said:
I think it's a clear pander to the stupidest Americans.

And so is the Palin pick - which is why all this whatever-gate shit doesn't matter. It's all about voter turnout at this point - this is all just media fodder crap that isn't going to make much difference come November.

besada

Banned
If the McCain camp is so worried about Obama associating with criminals (Rezko, Ayers) why aren't they worried about John McCain being married to a criminal. Seriously, it seems under the rubric of "criminals you've associated with" Cindy McCain's drug abuse and theft from a non-profit organization, not to mention her husband's cover up of the same, ought to be fair game.

GhaleonEB said:
Obama's camp went ballistic in response to a line in Romney's speech.

“Barack Obama has said that families are ‘off-limits,’ and we thought that John McCain agreed. But tonight, John McCain’s handpicked attack dog, Mitt Romney, exposed the fake outrage that the Republicans have been peddling all week as the blatant hypocrisy that it is," Obama adviser Anita Dunn said in a statement. "The McCain team’s disgusting attack on Barack Obama's wife shows they would rather generate false outrage to distract from their own problems than talk about the issues facing the American people. Mitt Romney’s attack on a candidate’s wife is as pathetic as his failed presidential campaign."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_campaign_whacks_Romney_fake_outrage.html?showall

OUCH
So Awesome.

It's nice to see a Democratic Party with some backbone.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
King_Slender said:

King_Slender said:

You have the internet use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwQuaThdCw

Still having the time of your life?

This is what google looks like.
Google%20search%20home.png

This ones for emphasis. I don't think you read it bro... You need to get your facts straight.

King_Slender said:
For Or Against King_Slander: Stand And Be Counted

Oh and by the way, nice tag :lol

EDIT: Fixed the name spelling lol

qwertybob

guess said:

Not only are you insulting and belittling Sarah Palin, a person who has at least one VAGINA, but you are also questioning the judgement of John McCain, a POW?

Sarah Palin is the only thing keeping America safe! Sarah Palin is up there, at great personal risk, keeping those Russian troops at bay.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
qwertybob said:
Not only are you insulting and belittling Sarah Palin, a person who has at least one VAGINA, but you are also questioning the judgement of John McCain, a POW?

Sarah Palin is the only thing keeping America safe! Sarah Palin is up there, at great personal risk, keeping those Russian troops at bay.

DUDE

milf.jpg

wtf!

two conservatives telling what they REALLY think about Palin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg

Rough Transcript:

Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman. (cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bullshit about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what' sreally the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.

I'm sorry for bringing this up...so sorry...but is anyone else reminded of the Night Watch in Song of Ice and Fire in the Palin rhetoric? Not that it is a valid comparison but there is opportunity for ridicule there :p

oldschoolpinball said:

Posted many times at this point. Still awesome though. You might ditch that transcript you just added so it doesn't clog the thread

Leonsito

Lindsay Lohan said:
I've been watching the news all morning, like everyone else - and i keep hearing about the issues related to 'teen pregnancy'- It's all related to Sarah Palin and her 17 year old unmarried pregnant daughter. Well, I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. Its distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences.

I am concerned with the fact that Sarah Palin brought the attention to her daughter's pregnancy, rather than all world issues and what she believes she could possibly do to change them-if elected. I get Sarah Palin's views against abortion, but i would much prefer to hear more about what she can do for our country rather than how her daughter is going to have a child no matter what.

Maybe focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=29730276

Arde5643

oldschoolpinball said:

Rough Transcript:

Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman. (cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bullshit about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what' sreally the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.
so old, oh so old, but we still oh so love it. :D

FoneBone

http://www.datelinehollywood.com/dateline_hollywood/2008/09/sarah-palin-act.html
Sarah Palin actually character created by Tina Fey, SNL

Palinfey Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Senator John McCain on Wednesday admitted that his vice presidential running mate Sarah Palin is actually Tina Fey, who joined the campaign as part of a stunt orchestrated by the "30 Rock" star's old co-workers at "Saturday Night Live."

"This Sarah Palin character is so obviously Tina with a bad beehive hairdo that I can't believe we managed to keep up the prank for an entire week," McCain said on Wednesday after Fey's Palin wig fell off during a press conference. "I didn't believe the 'Saturday Night Live' writers when they told me I could convince the media that I would pick a running mate who's obviously grossly unqualified, that I could pretend she's ready to be commander-in-chief because Alaska is near Russia, that I wouldn't mind she's in the middle of a corruption scandal, or that I didn't do the basic vetting to find out that her 17 year-old daughter was pregnant. I'm just sorry we didn't get to have Tina arrive on stage for her acceptance speech tonight by riding a snowmobile with a dead moose she killed herself strapped to the back like we had planned."

"SNL" writers and McCain's campaign staff said it was relatively easy to convince journalists that the fictional Palin is actually governor of Alaska by setting up a fake website and convincing the few Alaskans known to the national media to play along. "Actually, the governor of Alaska is a guy, Fred or Frank or something like that," said McCain campaign chairman Rick Davis.

McCain said he will announce his real vice presidential running mate, a boring but at least marginally qualified white male, later this afternoon.

ronito

Seriously. When will this self-victimizing stop? I mean this is the party of swiftboaters. The party of terrorist fist jab. The party of fear and smear. The media comes up with some valid points and they're whining like spoiled children....oh wait that makes sense...

RurouniZel said:
http://www.studio-zel.com/images/Paulin.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is smart but it's not going to work. The really crazy shit is going to get out to the public within the next week or so no matter how hard they try to discredit the media and keep the focus on babygate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom