• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just talking about the speech and it occurred to me...

Everything else aside, what kind of fucking person uses their handicapped child as political leverage?

Zeke

Cheebs said:
How is that sad?
sorry I'd sooner burn my money than donate it to ANY politician. Come the last few pages were filled with people throwing money at Obama right after the speech.

mj1108

Oh Google ads....

mccain_invest.jpg

"Compliance Fund"?

Door2Dawn

Banned
kevm3 said:
We can do more than donate. Why don't we get together and figure out how to conduct some kind of online campaign? Create some videos, spread them, etc... maybe work together with some other forums... I really want to do anything I can so we don't get McCain and Palin in office. We need Barack and Biden in there. Come on, let's brainstorm.
No.

Zeliard

Dirtbag 504 said:
Usually kids are liberals while they are young and educated.

Then they take that education and get jobs (and get a taste for paying taxes), and magically arent liberals anymore. :lol

I have no idea if this is true, this is just spewing out

Doesn't seem to have worked out quite that way for, say, college professors.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Y2Kev said:
there's no password...i just clicked join.

Yet again, gaf liberals turn the forum into a palace of lies. That 75k was probably boosted by donating republican trolls.

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
pxleyes said:
Um...we've raised 1407 according to the bottom of the page.
I'm thinking that the bar on the bottom counts only the donations that went through that particular fundraising link. The $75k is perhaps what the members have given so far... with or without using the link.

johnsmith said:
Republicans are a cancer on this nation.

When around friends I use epidemiology terms to describe what the Republicans are and what should happen to them. They really are a cancer on this nation in their current incarnation, it doesn't have to be this way but their leaders and engaged rank and file just won't have it any other way and it really hurts everyone.

pxleyes

Banned
wave dial said:
I'm thinking that the bar on the bottom counts only the donations that went through that particular fundraising link. The $75k is perhaps what the members have given so far... with or without using the link.
no, the 75,000 is some number derived from events and fundraising combined.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Yet again, gaf liberals turn the forum into a palace of lies. That 75k was probably boosted by donating republican trolls.
This place makes me sick. Fortunately, like many of you, the Palin speech inspired me to donate... donate to victory! McCain-Palin '08.

How did you people not love that speech?

Tamanon

Banned
mj1108 said:
Oh Google ads....

mccain_invest.jpg

"Compliance Fund"?

I'm guessing it's one of those side-funds that campaign finance reform allowed him to set up while still taking public funds. Because there'd be no reason to ask for donations that he can't use after tomorrow otherwise.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
You know, since Palin is a NRA 4 Life kinda person, does she keep a House of the Dead 4 arcade machine in the Alaska governor's residence? She's the kinda person I imagine screaming "I'm a lead farmer motherfucker!" while mowing down zombies, both machine gun controllers in her hand. I'm just wondering...

M3wThr33

Banned
I'm trying to figure out how we reached $75k...

Supposedly Don Levi raised $3,400 in the last 24 hours and $60,000 overall. But he's joined nearly every group on Barack Obama's site. So that's where it came from.

By the way, the group isn't passworded. You just have an account and click join. No approval or anything.

Jak140

PrivateWHudson said:
Do you have a source for that? The McCain campaign part.

Oh please, they've been pulling Palin stuff off youtube all day today. Her meeting with the Anti-American AIP group that has been up for months now was pulled off today too. You want to tell me it's a coincidence that all this stuff is getting pulled on the same day?

And the radio station wouldn't gain shit from pulling it, it was 3 less than 30 second clips from an hour long show. Hell, if anything, they would gain more listeners.

Trurl

Banned
I JUST became free from a 6 month ban, and I log in to see this!!!

Seriously, what a sadly divisive speech. :-(

And how can a party that chants for oil promise to move the country forward? :lol

Steve Youngblood said:
This place makes me sick. Fortunately, like many of you, the Palin speech inspired me to donate... donate to victory! McCain-Palin '08.

How did you people not love that speech?
It was well performed.

It might have been a great speech if it wasn't filled with so many lies.

kevm3

I'm hoping Obama drops all of this friendly garbage... I'm even more sickened of the 'my bud McCain,' and "war hero McCain" lines the Obama camp keeps on pushing. These guys are kicking you in the groin while you're giving them a nice back rub. Playing softball like this is how the Dems keep losing. I hope the Obama camp really starts 'bringing the heat,' and Biden lights into Palin during the debates. No more of this nice guy garbage. If Palin can't handle a debate, how is she going to handle a dictator? Time to stop with the bud McCain and do what it takes to get into office.

M3wThr33 said:
I'm trying to figure out how we reached $75k...

Supposedly Don Levi raised $3,400 in the last 24 hours and $60,000 overall. But he's joined nearly every group on Barack Obama's site. So that's where it came from.

By the way, the group isn't passworded. You just have an account and click join. No approval or anything.
Someone is cooking the books!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom