• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone take a deep breath. relax. calm down. close your eyes, and imagine this...

Sarah Palin, 45th President of the United States, Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces, and the new "Decider"

do i need to continue?

stonek22

Neo Member
this thread is amazing, the pure ingnorance and lies being strewn about are crazy. you people who are liberal are supposed to be better eduacated but i just don't see it. college doesn't actually make you smart just more specialized.

i just cannot agree with anyone that automatically wants to take my money to solve other people's problems. i am just as sympathetic as the next person but why should i have anything to do with you bad choices.

i don't even like mccain but democrats cannot wave a wand and make the so called poor economy better. this world is dangerous and we are a target, not because of bush but because we are the best country in the world. anyone can come from anywhere and be anything they want and this is the only country where that is possible.

MSNBC is talking about exactly what I've been wondering for the last few days. Will Palin be banned from talking to national media, for fear that they will ask hardball questions that she has no satisfying answer to?

LuCkymoON said:
Thanks! I donated $25. =)
This is the RNC effect lol
Yeah . . . the DNC was like . . . OK, nice.

But then to hear so many outright lies tonight, I became outraged and donated.

(I heard much of the mormon, huck, and Mr.9/11 speeches.)

numble

From pages 200-224:
$1,835.
9 donations of unknown amount.
Sorry if I missed anyone!

Known amounts:
Gary Whitta said:
I don't know about you but right after this I am going immediately to Obama's website and donating like $100.
reilo said:
Putting my money where my mouth is: Just donated $50.
Byakuya769 said:
that's over with, unfortunately... I just did $25.. damn I wanted a magnet!
distantmantra said:
Just bought two shirts and donated another $100 to Obama.
Fross said:
*donating 200 bucks to Obama campaign*
Tobor said:
+ $100 to Obama.
Snaku said:
After the double whammy of Rudy and Palin, I donated $15 to the Obama/Biden campaign. And I've never donated to a political campaign in my life.
Y2Kev said:
edit: I'm going to give $5 right now. it's all i can afford because i spent my food money on mercs 2, but it's all i have and i have to donate.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I donated my 50 bucks to Obama tonight.
ronito said:
Gave another $25.
EviLore said:
Wasn't planning on donating again so soon (did so after Obama's DNC speech), but with Giuliani disgusting me so much, here's another $100 to the Obama campaign.
Hazmat said:
$10 more. I'm holding out a big donation for McCain's speech.
GhaleonEB said:
Just tossed in $25.
fallengorn said:
Same here. ($25)
HeartAttackJones said:
$40 here.
pbones85 said:
I just donated $100. I couldn't take all the smearing.
suaveric said:
i threw in $50
tanod said:
Me too. Throwing in another $5. I really can't afford any more than that. I'd donate a $100 if I could.
Shirokun said:
Can't really afford it, but I donated $15 to Obama. If it helps avoid four more years of cynical , fear-mongering, anti-intellectual, overspending, environmentally destructive bullshit, it's the least I can do.
Dan said:
Obama/Biden + $100

Hopefully I'll be donating once or twice more before election time. If ABC airs and picks up a second season of the show I worked, that's a minimum guarantee.
Marvie_3 said:
$12 to MoveOn to get my T-shirt and another $50 straight to Obama.
Fatalah said:
I donated 10 more dollars to the Obama campaign after witnessing tonight's unbelievably insane Republican Convention.
Zabka said:
Bought a shirt for $30 (rounded up), then tossed in another $50.
Tim-E said:
Just donated to Obama. Fuck everyone in that building. ($15)
kaching said:
Thanks. +$100.

It'd be cool if the Obama campaign could throw out a statistic tomorrow about how much this night alone helped them raise.
BrandNew said:
Donated 25 bucks cause that's all I felt comfortable to donate with my financial status right now.

But still, :D
LuCkymoON said:
Thanks! I donated $25. =)
This is the RNC effect lol
Cyan said:
I just threw in $110.

First political donation of any kind, ever.
kevm3 said:
I'll be donating 25 when I get home from work.
Cheebs said:
About to throw in $25.
Stoney Mason said:
I just pitched in a 20 and I'll probably add more later. The only politicans I've ever given to are Obama and Howard Dean because I think they both represent the direction I would like to see the Dem party go.
Byakuya769 said:
Haha, my wife just put down $15.
speculawyer said:
$220 today $100 of that under the GAF group.

Unknown amounts:
lawblob said:
same here (will be donating)
Price Dalton said:
Done. (Donated)
johnsmith said:
I just donated to Obama and moveon.org. First time i've ever donated money to anything.
woxel1 said:
I'm going to donate to Obama right now.
ArtG said:
Contributed to MoveOn + Obama. Had to after watching this shit.
MThanded said:
I donate but not under the gaf group
Gruco said:
I just gave $200 last weekend and felt it, but shit.

Here you go Barack.
sevenchaos said:
Just donated myself.
AniHawk said:
Once I get outta here, I'm gonna give a donation.

All I needed was a little inspiration.

M3wThr33

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
MSNBC is talking about exactly what I've been wondering for the last few days. Will Palin be banned from talking to national media, for fear that they will ask hardball questions that she has no satisfying answer to?
I think they're banking on self-censorship as they don't want to offend a pretty woman.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What I wrote before the speech but did not have time to post.

I would just like to put some stuff out there. You want to know the people who really feel it when the republicans spew this crap and there bad economic policies get in place.. My parents have owned there own company for a while now and they are are the only two people who work there. My dad is an industrial hygienist (indoor air quality, lead testing, mold testing) and they have been doing pretty well and by pretty well I mean they can keep the house have food and do what they need to do. We only have used cars no new cars and my parents are very fiscally responsible people. I have been away from home for a while now since I am in college and have had an internship ever summer. Luckily I was able to get a full scholarship to my school or this computer engineering degree would have really put them in debt. This summer I was home for a week before my last semester here and I sat down and talked to my mom about the business and it was really heartbreaking. Since the decline in the economy it has been a lot tougher for them. No one wants to spend money for services so it’s hard to get business. With this jacked up healthcare system my parents have to pay a ridiculous amount of money a month for health insurance and since they are getting older they insurance company has jacked the price up ridiculously. I am sure this is a reality for a lot more small businesses around the country. You want to support the growth of businesses in America and not just big business then put your money where your mouth is republicans and fix the damn economy and stop lying through your teeth. Not everyone has it easy. Your not going to fix anything and I know this.

What I wrote after the speech

After watching the speeches today I do not think I could ever be a republican after this. Sarah stop lying on the bridge to nowhere. Stop saying that community service is laughable because its not. I really resent that. As a student I have done a lot of work in the community and been involved with different mentoring programs and such and to see someone laugh at Obama for what he’s done has actually made me felt like they have no idea what is going on in the world. They aren’t for change unless the change is bad

On another point stop using religion as your party platform. Not everyone in the US is a Christian. Enough said on that point.

Great job pimping your family. You guys really milked it after barrack let it go and said he would not be touching family issues you know that he cant touch that crap and you milked the hell out of it.

Lets stop our oil dependency by drilling for more oil.

I am truly worried about the future of this country more than I ever have been. After seeing the RNC and what they are willing to do to win.

Reposting its getting lost in the shuffle

deadbeef

stonek22 said:
this thread is amazing, the pure ingnorance and lies being strewn about are crazy. you people who are liberal are supposed to be better eduacated but i just don't see it. college doesn't actually make you smart just more specialized.

i just cannot agree with anyone that automatically wants to take my money to solve other people's problems. i am just as sympathetic as the next person but why should i have anything to do with you bad choices.

i don't even like mccain but democrats cannot wave a wand and make the so called poor economy better. this world is dangerous and we are a target, not because of bush but because we are the best country in the world. anyone can come from anywhere and be anything they want and this is the only country where that is possible.

You should fix your spelling and grammar, they're gonna tear you a new one.

stonek22 said:
Damn right we are. We are, in fact, the greatest, best nation that God has ever given us on the face of the Earth. Palin's speech proved it. To victory!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Never give up. Keep going. When you hear the dogs, keep going! When they are shouting after you, keep going! When they are chasing behind you, keep going! When Sarah Palin spouts lies and bullshit on national TV, keep going! NEVER STOP, KEEP GOING

DONATE DONATE DONATE

there are tears of joy in my eyes seeing all of you donating :)

ronito

stonek22 said:
i don't even like mccain but democrats cannot wave a wand and make the so called poor economy better.
Well duh, obviously, only the republicans have the wand and it runs on hate, divisiveness and misinformation.

LCGeek

formerly sane
MThanded said:
I am truly worried about the future of this country more than I ever have been. After seeing the RNC and what they are willing to do to win.

That's the problem with this country, perspective.

What's sadder is how many people are letting them tell lies and not truly getting outraged about this. If 20% of most democrats or independents spent their time proving their lies to people they know on the other side this election would be locked up.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
stonek22 said:

you tell um. As i said before that child born into that low income family who cannot afford health care can raise money by selling crack on the corner in a diaper. You tell um.

Jak140 said:
Oh please, they've been pulling Palin stuff off youtube all day today. Her meeting with the Anti-American AIP group that has been up for months now was pulled off today too. You want to tell me it's a coincidence that all this stuff is getting pulled on the same day?

And the radio station wouldn't gain shit from pulling it, it was 3 less than 30 second clips from an hour long show. Hell, if anything, they would gain more listeners.

Maybe they just requested everything be pulled until further review? That doesn't mean that the clip was damning.

Anyway, the short clip made it sound worse than the full interview. She laughed throughout the interview, and the bitch part was funny. She didn't laugh at them calling her a cancer, and anyone that thinks she should have stopped the interview and told them "please don't use that word since my opponent had cancer" is just overly sensitive.

pxleyes

Banned
soul creator said:
Roland Martin on Palin speech

(BenjaminBirdie should like this especially)
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/09/palins-speech-second-thoughts.html

The way to evaluate a speech like this is by what people are going to remember in the morning, and the only thing that people are going to remember about this speech in the morning is that she went after Obama -- a lot -- and that at times it it seemed fairly personal. It was almost kind of fun at first -- I don't think people saw it coming, and she got three or four really good lines in. But then it became too much -- sarcastic and mean-spirited. Everything else -- the outsider stuff, the family stuff, the media critique -- is going to be forgotten about. In fact, the Republicans will look like whiners if they go after the media after that speech

Trurl

Banned
Ace 8095 said:
Someone should email Obama with a link to how much GAF has donated and request he post here as a sign of respect.
Maybe he should wait until after the election before becoming a member of gaf. ;-)

stonek22

Neo Member
MThanded said:
you tell um. As i said before that child born into that low income family who cannot afford health care can raise money by selling crack on the corner in a diaper. You tell um.

that is a horrible situation but what part of that is my responsibility

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
OuterWorldVoice said:
Or do you think it's because the younger and better educated, and more literate you are, the more likely you are to be liberal (not my claim, but rather a well-documented fact)?

:lol

foku20.jpg

Well this explains a lot.

stonek22 said:
can someone actually tell me what she lied about. you just keep repeating that she lied.

besides the huge quoting of her entire speech...one very specific instance was here bridge to nowhere claim...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26486063/
http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/3/234033/2230/235/585567
http://infectedtube.com/2008/09/03/governor-sarah-palin-bridge-to-nowhere-t-shirt/

both have details about her support of the bridge to nowhere, including her defense that it wasn't to nowhere!
Sarah Palin said:
she ‘would not stand in the way of the progress toward that bridge.”

liar.jpg

Tobor

stonek22 said:

Do you make more then $250,000 a year? I don't, and Obama is going to put money in my pocket, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom