• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
On front page of yahoo.com

Line by line fact check of the entire event tonight and all the lies told tonight. Pretty damn good.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check

I like this one in particular. Back to the future moment made me chuckle.

FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOV. MITT ROMNEY: "We need change, all right — change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington! We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington — throw out the big-government liberals, and elect John McCain and Sarah Palin."

THE FACTS: A Back-to-the-Future moment. George W. Bush, a conservative Republican, has been president for nearly eight years. And until last year, Republicans controlled Congress. Only since January 2007 have Democrats have been in charge of the House and Senate.

FLEABttn said:
Marginal propensity to consume. You're not necessarily shifting money out of investment.

On a personal note, I'm not saying he's wrong or you're wrong but there are other considerations for doing stuff.

As for your edit,

Honestly, it isn't. There might be short term transitional unemployment and possibly a minor economic slump, but in the long run? Eh.

Not a science really, more of an art, so what's correct is sort of in the eye of the beholder, so long as it produces the results its supposed to.
All of which is nothing I don't already know. I'm not saying either way is wrong either, however the person to whom I was replying seemed to indicate one way was worse than the other and intro macroeconomics would prove it. So I was just asking him how. Yeah I do agree it's an art, I find it funny how some treat it like its a science with provable formulas and equations. But that's beside the point to which I was referring.

FLEABttn

Banned
Bending_Unit_22 said:
All of which is nothing I don't already know. I'm not saying either way is wrong either, however the person to whom I was replying seemed to indicate one way was worse than the other and macroeconomics would prove it. So I was just asking him how. Yeah I do agree it's an art, I find it funny how some treat it like its a science with provable formulas and equations. But that's beside the point to which I was referring.

Then we have no qualms =)

FLEABttn said:
Then we have no qualms =)
Heh, maybe its just the last 10 pages, but no qualms suddenly seems like full throated support :lol.

polyh3dron said:
Well good to see the media is keeping one party in check with a fine tooth comb. Annoying though it is, it is a big reason democrat candidates tend to have difficulty in a national spotlight for which they are never prepared properly by an aggressive media.

Anyways, I'm off to bed, so FightyF don't interpert my not responding to any further posts as my running away from your side's devestating critiques of my posts.

Huzah

Ponn01 said:

Line by line fact check of the entire event tonight and all the lies told tonight. Pretty damn good.

LoL, now you see why romney may not have been the best vp pick, he does like to gaffe himself alot, still good enough man and capable, if he wasn't mormon probably woulda won the nomination.

Well I do agree that Bush's spending policies is pretty liberal, so.. get rid of him!

Dirtbag 504 said:
Ever seen videos of the chinese senators(least I think it was the chinese, I'll have to google it). They beat the shit out of each other semi-often. It gets pretty rowdy.
Yeah, there's no grudge match like in a one-party system. At least you remembered they were yellow!! Having been catching up on this thread, your posts are making alot more sense to me now.

Huzah

mamacint said:
Yeah, there's no grudge match like in a one-party system. At least you remembered they were yellow!!

In a one party system it's called power coups and purges, they even more hardcore :lol

SCReuter

Watching Morning Joe and of course everybody is praising Palin's speech.

I seriously don't understand the cable news media. They know the McCain campaign is a joke, yet whenever the cameras start rolling the pundits play it up to the lowest common denominator.

P.S. Scarborough needs to stop going on about Daily Kos and the initial baby rumor. It's over and done with.

Socreges

Banned
Ponn01 said:

that made me wet

MCCAIN: "She's been governor of our largest state, in charge of 20 percent of America's energy supply ... She's responsible for 20 percent of the nation's energy supply. I'm entertained by the comparison and I hope we can keep making that comparison that running a political campaign is somehow comparable to being the executive of the largest state in America," he said in an interview with ABC News' Charles Gibson.

so is he just counting on an ignorant populous that also doesn't listen well, or what?

TDG

Banned
So, I haven't been watching the convention. Can anybody tell me what the reaction has been to yesterday? Not the GAF/liberal blogs reaction, but the mainstream reaction? Thanks.

Just got this in my inbox. Thank goodness.

Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed.

Let's clarify something for them right now.

Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.

And it's no surprise that, after eight years of George Bush, millions of people have found that by coming together in their local communities they can change the course of history. That promise is what our campaign has been about from the beginning.

Throughout our history, ordinary people have made good on America's promise by organizing for change from the bottom up. Community organizing is the foundation of the civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, labor rights, and the 40-hour workweek. And it's happening today in church basements and community centers and living rooms across America.

Meanwhile, we still haven't gotten a single idea during the entire Republican convention about the economy and how to lift a middle class so harmed by the Bush-McCain policies.

It's now clear that John McCain's campaign has decided that desperate lies and personal attacks -- on Barack Obama and on you -- are the only way they can earn a third term for the Bush policies that McCain has supported more than 90 percent of the time.

But you can send a crystal clear message.

Socreges

Banned
TDG said:
So, I haven't been watching the convention. Can anybody tell me what the reaction has been to yesterday? Not the GAF/liberal blogs reaction, but the mainstream reaction? Thanks.
mainstream reaction? in other words, how is the media framing the convention? well, positively. though that may be related to repubs biting them for being generally critical of palin

Amir0x

Banned
That community organizer thing is his best line of attack against what Palin said last night, as it is something everyone can immediately understand and see the hypocrisy in. Her speech was filled with lies, but that takes time to dissect which won't really fit in a sound bite.

A word of caution for Obama and his camp: In going this avenue, he has to be equally careful then not to necessarily dismiss her term as mayor or compare the relative size of the population of Wasilla to the size of his campaign team or whatever. He's gotta be equally careful not to insult small towns and their merit on the country scale.

Socreges

Banned
Amir0x said:
That community organizer thing is his best line of attack against what Palin said last night, as it is something everyone can immediately understand and see the hypocrisy in. Her speech was filled with lies, but that takes time to dissect which won't really fit in a sound bite.

A word of caution for Obama and his camp: In going this avenue, he has to be equally careful then not to necessarily dismiss her term as mayor or compare the relative size of the population of Wasilla to the size of his campaign team or whatever. He's gotta be equally careful not to insult small towns and their merit on the country scale.
after enough retorting to the retorts to the retorts, everything is completely undone and no one is qualified any longer. or, the smoke and mirrors are shed and people see what bullshit the campaign-media relationship has created

kevm3

Palin came out firing with her speech. I will be pissed if Biden and Obama start playing that softball garbage with the McCain campaign, talking about good buddy and war hero McCain and nice little hockey mom Palin. They're giving you kicks in the nuts, so don't pat them on the back. Time to hit back... Not ignore them and act like Palin doesn't exist. GET THEM.

She wants to play hardball, calling herself only a lipstick's difference away from being a pitbull. I want to see Biden tear her up in the debate. They need to start getting her right now. The Dems need to start attacking and quit with this 'let's play fair!' You can't play fair if they are bringing a gun to a knife fight.

gcubed

Illuminati said:
Well that about wraps it up for Obama in Pennsylvania.

only problem is, small town in PA are all repub leaning anyway, and they are drowned out by the corners... Unfortunately McCain has no shot here.

theBishop

Banned
Illuminati said:
Well that about wraps it up for Obama in Pennsylvania.

I'll make sure Philadelphia doesn't let the country down. There are more of us than there are of them.

As for Palin, I thought that speech was pathetic. Not as pathetic as Rudy the 9/11 Avenger, but still very sad. After 50 minutes, her substantive political argument amounted to "Obama will make government bigger!" Excuse me!? Republicans don't like big government now? Our current republican has put this country so far into hawk we're collectively going to have to suck dick and sell crack to get out of it. Or how about the erosion of civil liberties? For fuck's sake, 15 minutes earlier the crowd erupted in applause when Giuliani mocked the importance of Miranda rights. So don't talk to me about small government.

More cultural warrior bullshit from a politician with nothing real to offer. Did I mention it was dishonest?

I'll sell this speech on eBay.

kevm3

My problem is that much of the American public will fall for this unless Obama fights back. A lot of them don't really verify facts how they should and will just run with a simple, appealing story. These attacks are something Barack has to hit back on. I know Barack wants to remain classy and 'take the high road,' but even a knight will defend his honor.

gcubed said:
only problem is, small town in PA are all repub leaning anyway, and they are drowned out by the corners... Unfortunately McCain has no shot here.
theBishop said:
I'll make sure Philadelphia doesn't let the country down. There are more of us than there are of them.
How many people do you actually think live in the major cities? There are only 1 million something people here in Philadelphia and 12 million people in the whole state. The majority of the state live in the woods or mountains in those small towns that Obama insulted months ago.

Pennsylvania-2004-by_county.PNG

gcubed

Illuminati said:
:lol How many people do you actually think live in the major cities? There are only 1 million something people here in Philadelphia and 12 million people in the whole state. The majority of the state live in the woods or mountains in those small towns that Obama insulted months ago.

i know how many, because i live here... those blue areas, are over 50% of the population

gcubed said:
i know how many, because i live here... those blue areas, are over 50% of the population
So do I, but dismissing the entire state because Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and some of the other major cities are voting for Obama is ridiculous.

theBishop

Banned
Illuminati said:
How many people do you actually think live in the major cities? There are only 1 million something people here in Philadelphia and 12 million people in the whole state. The majority of the state live in the woods or mountains in those small towns that Obama insulted months ago.

Wikipedia said:
In 2005, the population of the city proper was estimated to be over 1.4 million,[1] while the Greater Philadelphia metropolitan area, with a population of 5.8 million

...and along with our friends in Pittsburgh:
the eight-county consolidated metropolitan area population is 2,462,571.

I don't care if the woods and mountains are red, Pennsylvania is a blue state.

gcubed

Illuminati said:
So do I, but dismissing the entire state because Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and some of the other major cities are voting for Obama is ridiculous.

as has been for the last 4 elections, only to see skyrocketing democratic voter registration throughout the state in the last 2 years, and the population shift has increased more into the cities and suburbs...

Illuminati said:

And thinking that the rural areas of the state think it's totally rad and cool to denigrate serving the people of the United States is equally so.

gcubed said:
as has been for the last 4 elections, only to see skyrocketing democratic voter registration throughout the state in the last 2 years, and the population shift has increased more into the cities and suburbs...
If that were the case then why have both Obama and McCain been campaigning out in the "bumblefuck" cities over the past few days if they are so meaningless?

Illuminati said:
If that were the case then why have both Obama and McCain been campaigning out in the "bumblefuck" cities over the past few days if they are so meaningless?

Because they don't think they're meaningless? Bishop's homogenization of Urban areas is just as silly as your homogenization of Rural ones. I know people who live in small towns and believe me, not all of them, shit I can't think of one, would sit in a room of 20,000 and laugh at the idea of helping someone out.

Virtually all of the conservative commentariat, and a greater-than-would-care-to-admit-it share of the liberal commentariat think that Sarah Palin hit a home run tonight. I guess I'm just going to have to stick my neck out (along with Josh Marshall) and disagree.

You can tar-and-feather me with this later if I'm wrong. I will make this disclaimer: I'm not necessarily offering a prediction about how the polls are going to move over the next several days. Almost all conventions produce bounces, and this one probably will too (though whether it comes from Palin's speech rather than McCain's, or Fred Thompson's or Rudy Giuliani's, we probably won't be able to tell). But I don't think the speech will be effective beyond the very near term (the next 3-7 days) at moving votes in McCain's direction, if it moves them at all. And here's why:

I think some of you are underestimating the percentage of voters for whom Sarah Palin lacks the standing to make this critique of Barack Obama. To many voters, she is either entirely unknown, or is known as an US Weekly caricature of a woman who eats mooseburgers and has a pregnant daughter. To change someone's opinion, you have to do one of two things. Either, you have to be a trusted voice of authority, or you have to persuade them. Palin is not a trusted voice of authority -- she's much too new. But neither was this a persuasive speech. It was staccato, insistent, a little corny. It preached to the proverbial choir. It was also, as one of my commentors astutely noted, a speech written by a man and for a man, but delivered by a woman, which produces a certain amount of cognitive dissonance.

In exceedingly plain English, I think there's a pretty big who the fuck does she think she is? factor. And not just among us Daily Kos reading, merlot-drinking liberals. I think Palin's speech will be instinctively unappealing to other whole demographics of voters, including particuarly working-class men (among whom there may be a misogyny factor) and professional post-menopausal women. As another of my commentors put it:

Not only does Palin's inexperience trump Obama's... her "otherness" also trumps his. Where she comes from, the way she talks, her bio, lifestyle, and all the moose and caribou stuff... it makes her seem more exotic than Obama, who after all lives in the middle of America and has a life that people can readily understand.

Palin may be just as American as anybody, but she still seems to come from Somewhere Else.

This would be fine... even interesting and appealing... if she weren't attacking. But we have a deep, instinctive aversion to people who are part of us (even if we don't really like them much) being attacked by people we perceive as outsiders. Our instinct is to stiffen up, to protect.
This point may be a little bit overstated, but the fact remains that Barack Obama is extremely well known and Palin is largely unknown, and when that is the case, your perception of the known commodity is more likely to influence your perception of the unknown commodity than the other way around. If there's a certain Italian restaurant that you've been going to for years, and some stranger stops you on the street and tells you that they don't know how to cook their pasta, you're going to think that the stranger is a kook -- not that the restaurant is poor.

And not only is Barack Obama exceptionally well known, but perceptions of him are exceptionally well entrenched. In today's Rasmussen numbers, 63 percent of voters had either a very favorable or a very unfavorable perception of Obama. This is an extremely high figure. I looked up the Rasmussen numbers for other prominent politicians, and this number was the highest I could find ... actually tied with Bill Clinton for the highest:

Percentage viewing as Very FavorableOR Very UnfavorableObama 63B. Clinton 63Gore 61H. Clinton 60Bush 60Cheney 59Pelosi 51T. Kennedy 48Palin 45Kerry 45McCain 43Romney 38Biden 33This is why folks like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton (and Hillary Clinton, for that matter) are Teflon politicians. It's not that they have some magical quality that keeps them out of trouble ... it's just that a very high percentage of voters have already made up their minds one way or the other about them, and can't possibly be persuaded otherwise. With John Kerry, the swiftboating worked because voters didn't have particuarly strong feelings about him. With Obama, the Republicans spent tens of millions of dollars in an effort to brand him negatively, and moved his favorables by ... a point or two at the margins.

Ultimately, it's not that I don't think there aren't people who will find Palin's performance effective -- I just don't think there's much overlap between those people and the universe of persuadable voters.
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Dax01 said:

This one was hell of nice, too.

And it worked wonders – for the Dems.

In the past several hours, Dems I’ve spoken with and who’ve flooded my inbox are energized. A woman friend and Democrat who had not worked for Obama’s campaign: “I am volunteering tomorrow.” An Obama organizer who was operating on fumes five months ago: “They are not getting away with this. 10 hours of call time tomorrow.” A shorter read of the mood: “Let’s get it on.”

The mockery went too far. They played the “Obama doesn’t love America, just himself” card, over and over and over. For people already inclined to believe that (i.e., the hardcore Republican base), the speech was a smashing success. Maybe they will work a little harder, volunteer a few more hours, dig a little deeper into their pockets. But so will partisan Dems, who are far more plugged into watching the election coverage.

So my reaction: St. Paul loved this speech… and so did Chicago. Palin swung for the fences, mocking the very notion of community organizing. So did Giuliani. This was the day after “Service” was the theme, and Republicans fell all over themselves praising their party’s commitment to give back to the community. Jarring.

Fire up both bases equally, it’s not even close. Obama wins going away. In 2008, there are so many more Democrats, numerically.

Real smart to piss off the Community Organizers who cost Clinton the nomination and now are going to cost you the presidency, you dunces.

I really didn't understand the bashing of community organization. It's like they were looking down on helping out the needy around you.

I think of everything in the speeches last night, this is what Obama will focus on, and it's already prevalent in the new letter on his site:

Dear Friend --

I wasn't planning on sending you something tonight. But if you saw what I saw from the Republican convention, you know that it demands a response.

I saw John McCain's attack squad of negative, cynical politicians. They lied about Barack Obama and Joe Biden, and they attacked you for being a part of this campaign.

But worst of all -- and this deserves to be noted -- they insulted the very idea that ordinary people have a role to play in our political process.

You know that despite what John McCain and his attack squad say, everyday people have the power to build something extraordinary when we come together. Will you make a donation right now to remind them?

Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed.

Let's clarify something for them right now.

Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.

And it's no surprise that, after eight years of George Bush, millions of people have found that by coming together in their local communities they can change the course of history. That promise is what our campaign has been about from the beginning.

Throughout our history, ordinary people have made good on America's promise by organizing for change from the bottom up. Community organizing is the foundation of the civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, labor rights, and the 40-hour workweek. And it's happening today in church basements and community centers and living rooms across America.

Meanwhile, we still haven't gotten a single idea during the entire Republican convention about the economy and how to lift a middle class so harmed by the Bush-McCain policies.

It's now clear that John McCain's campaign has decided that desperate lies and personal attacks -- on Barack Obama and on you -- are the only way they can earn a third term for the Bush policies that McCain has supported more than 90 percent of the time.

But you can send a crystal clear message.

Enough is enough. Make your voice heard loud and clear by making a donation right now:

https://donate.barackobama.com/fightback

Thank you for joining more than 2 million ordinary Americans who refuse to be silenced.

David

David Plouffe

Campaign Manager

Obama for America

I'm also hoping Obama nails Guiliani for going on about how Obama never ran anything... except for a presidential campaign that made Rudy's look like it was drawn up by a fourth-grader.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
worldrunover said:
I really didn't understand the bashing of community organization. It's like they were looking down on helping out the needy around you.

yeah. i am quite baffled by it. they could have left it out and made it more difficult for obama to attack these speeches.

gcubed

Illuminati said:

i never said they are meaningless... you cant ignore any part. The overwhelming majority he will receive in the city center will offset the small losses he receives in the center part of the state. He needs to keep those losses small, like every other democrat who won the state before him. He got a rather large bump in the Poconos area by picking Biden, as almost every day there has been a story about his roots and his family in Scranton, etc.

If he starts tanking in Ohio, then i may be concerned, as it may trickle over to Pitt, but at the moment, they are statistically tied in Ohio

worldrunover said:

dogwhistle identity politics-they are they are trying to frame Obama as a leftist activist "organizer" of poor African-American "communities".

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
worldrunover said:
I'm also hoping Obama nails Guiliani for going on about how Obama never ran anything... except for a presidential campaign that made Rudy's look like it was drawn up by a fourth-grader.

Rudy ran one of the worst presidential campaigns I've seen.
Putting all your eggs in Florida's basket, that already had a hole in it.. epic failure.

Eric P

ComputerNerd said:
You know what? I don't even mind cutting the Defense Department by 10%. Cut down on the R&D, and get more people in boots.

if you have more R&D you don't need as many people in boots because each soldier and his weapons and tools become more efficient.

Diablos

beermonkey@tehbias said:
MSNBC is talking about exactly what I've been wondering for the last few days. Will Palin be banned from talking to national media, for fear that they will ask hardball questions that she has no satisfying answer to?
If she can't just talk, that will no doubt hurt her.

theBishop said:
...and along with our friends in Pittsburgh:

I don't care if the woods and mountains are red, Pennsylvania is a blue state.
Obama is having problems with white voters here in western PA, though. The Muslim rumors are floating around endlessly. He's going to have a harder time winning Allegheny (Pittsburgh), Beaver, and a couple other critical counties, more than most people thought, I fear. Democrats in the Pittsburgh area are mostly white Catholics (HUGE Hillary fans, many of them no doubt are closet racists), who usually vote Democratic, but there have been exceptions.

The Philadelphia area will no doubt go blue, and thanks to Biden, so will the Scranton area (Lackawanna County). Obama will need to get key counties in western PA if he is to win the state, however. If Obama was wise, he'd sink all of his money for this state in the western part, and maybe some up around Erie. Spending a lot of money in Philly is dumb, he's going to win there anyway.

FiveThirtyEight weighs in:

Cognitive Dissonance

Virtually all of the conservative commentariat, and a greater-than-would-care-to-admit-it share of the liberal commentariat think that Sarah Palin hit a home run tonight. I guess I'm just going to have to stick my neck out (along with Josh Marshall) and disagree.

You can tar-and-feather me with this later if I'm wrong. I will make this disclaimer: I'm not necessarily offering a prediction about how the polls are going to move over the next several days. Almost all conventions produce bounces, and this one probably will too (though whether it comes from Palin's speech rather than McCain's, or Fred Thompson's or Rudy Giuliani's, we probably won't be able to tell). But I don't think the speech will be effective beyond the very near term (the next 3-7 days) at moving votes in McCain's direction, if it moves them at all. And here's why:

I think some of you are underestimating the percentage of voters for whom Sarah Palin lacks the standing to make this critique of Barack Obama. To many voters, she is either entirely unknown, or is known as an US Weekly caricature of a woman who eats mooseburgers and has a pregnant daughter. To change someone's opinion, you have to do one of two things. Either, you have to be a trusted voice of authority, or you have to persuade them. Palin is not a trusted voice of authority -- she's much too new. But neither was this a persuasive speech. It was staccato, insistent, a little corny. It preached to the proverbial choir. It was also, as one of my commentors astutely noted, a speech written by a man and for a man, but delivered by a woman, which produces a certain amount of cognitive dissonance.

In exceedingly plain English, I think there's a pretty big who the fuck does she think she is? factor. And not just among us Daily Kos reading, merlot-drinking liberals. I think Palin's speech will be instinctively unappealing to other whole demographics of voters, including particuarly working-class men (among whom there may be a misogyny factor) and professional post-menopausal women. As another of my commentors put it:

Not only does Palin's inexperience trump Obama's... her "otherness" also trumps his. Where she comes from, the way she talks, her bio, lifestyle, and all the moose and caribou stuff... it makes her seem more exotic than Obama, who after all lives in the middle of America and has a life that people can readily understand.

Palin may be just as American as anybody, but she still seems to come from Somewhere Else.

This would be fine... even interesting and appealing... if she weren't attacking. But we have a deep, instinctive aversion to people who are part of us (even if we don't really like them much) being attacked by people we perceive as outsiders. Our instinct is to stiffen up, to protect.

This point may be a little bit overstated, but the fact remains that Barack Obama is extremely well known and Palin is largely unknown, and when that is the case, your perception of the known commodity is more likely to influence your perception of the unknown commodity than the other way around. If there's a certain Italian restaurant that you've been going to for years, and some stranger stops you on the street and tells you that they don't know how to cook their pasta, you're going to think that the stranger is a kook -- not that the restaurant is poor.

And not only is Barack Obama exceptionally well known, but perceptions of him are exceptionally well entrenched. In today's Rasmussen numbers, 63 percent of voters had either a very favorable or a very unfavorable perception of Obama. This is an extremely high figure. I looked up the Rasmussen numbers for other prominent politicians, and this number was the highest I could find ... actually tied with Bill Clinton for the highest:

Percentage viewing as Very Favorable
OR Very Unfavorable

Code:
Obama         63
B. Clinton    63
Gore          61
H. Clinton    60
Bush          60
Cheney        59
Pelosi        51
T. Kennedy    48
Palin         45
Kerry         45
McCain        43
Romney        38
Biden         33
This is why folks like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton (and Hillary Clinton, for that matter) are Teflon politicians. It's not that they have some magical quality that keeps them out of trouble ... it's just that a very high percentage of voters have already made up their minds one way or the other about them, and can't possibly be persuaded otherwise. With John Kerry, the swiftboating worked because voters didn't have particuarly strong feelings about him. With Obama, the Republicans spent tens of millions of dollars in an effort to brand him negatively, and moved his favorables by ... a point or two at the margins.

Ultimately, it's not that I don't think there aren't people who will find Palin's performance effective -- I just don't think there's much overlap between those people and the universe of persuadable voters.

Barrett2

It begins GAF, this morning I noticed on my personal blog that one of my aunts had left me a blistering & nonsensical message responding to my posts about Palin. She told me I needed to "get different opinions, like Glenn Beck," and then rambled on about John Edwards' illegitimate baby, ending with about 20 exclamation marks!

Oh god, I forgot how awkward the political season can be :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom