• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodman

Banned
mlk-co.jpg

theBishop

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I think this speech is lame, but could be a lot worse. Even though I'm creeped out by her reptilian features, this is the kind of speech a first lady should be allowed to give. She's not a politician, so you can't expect her to be a breathtaking orator.

Give the girl a break. She didn't make any serious low blows.

ronito

I'm so glad I'm watching football instead of being reminded at every turn and corner about 9/11 and the willful ignorance of such a large part of our population.

jmdajr

theBishop said:
Don't get me wrong, I think this speech is lame, but could be a lot worse. Even though I'm creeped out by her reptilian features, this is the kind of speech a first lady should be allowed to give. She's not a politician, so you can't expect her to be a breathtaking orator.

Give the girl a break. She didn't make any serious low blows.

yeah, it was just boring. oh well, she's not running for office.

but McCain cant drop the ball.

I'm sure people here are praying for a total bomb

Zeliard

Chiggs said:
O'Reilly was fairly well-behaved, too. He'd been courting Obama for quite some time.

I disagree with that. O'Reilly was the same O'Reilly that he always is, refusing to actually listen to the subject he's interviewing and constantly interrupting. If he looked any better it's probably because Obama added some class to the proceedings.

Just got home from work and HOLY SHIT. That 9/11 video was DESPICABLE.

For exploiting that shit, REPUBLICANS ARE SCUM. There's nothing partisan about that, they are simply SCUM.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tamanon said:
The RNC can spend an unlimited amount in support of McCain, they just can't "coordinate" it. That's why the whole thing is a scam.
I know many people were disappointed in Obama for backing out of public financing, but let's be honest, Obama isn't stupid and he isn't naive.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
venne said:
Am I alone in thinking the convention is much more excited about the VP than the P?

Yep and i think choosing Palin as the VP will be a mistake as the election goes forward. It's not good when the VP outshines the presidential candidate. At least that what i heard , i could be wrong tough.

PoliceCop

Banned
Chiggs said:
O'Reilly was fairly well-behaved, too. He'd been courting Obama for quite some time.

Yeah, he certainly wasn't at his worst but he seemed to come out with vitriol that Obama managed to neutralize and shift to legitimate discussion.

Mumei

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/westmoreland-calls-obama-uppity-2008-09-04.html

Westmoreland was discussing vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's speech with reporters outside the House chamber and was asked to compare her with Michelle Obama.

"Just from what little I’ve seen of her and Mr. Obama, Sen. Obama, they're a member of an elitist-class individual that thinks that they're uppity," Westmoreland said.

Asked to clarify that he used the word “uppity,” Westmoreland said, “Uppity, yeah.”

someone forgot their talking points

mj1108

Kusagari said:
O'Reilly really isn't that bad towards Obama compared to most of Fox News.

Very true. In fact during the primaries he was actually really supportive of him.

giga said:
wow. family guy did get this spot on: http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/05/14/family-guy-lois-griffin-adopts-republican-talking-points/

the fuckers cheered after that video ended?

I think even worse than the video is the fact that they cheered it in the end. Heartless fucks.

Duke Togo

From where I'm sitting, it almost seems like 9/11 mutated the Republican party from a fairly respectable party to what we see today. I really, really have to wonder what the history books will say about this period of time in America once we're clear from the miasma this administration has produced.

Chiggs said:
Is anyone here still predicting a landslide victory for Obama?
I see it as pretty likely. It depends what you mean by landslide, I expect a 5% margin, and we'll know who won pretty early. The only states up for grabs are in the Eastern Time Zone after all.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Palin aides peeked into trooper's files, union says

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/04/palin.investigation/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

(CNN) -- Aides to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin improperly obtained her former brother-in-law's state police personnel files and cited information from those records to raise complaints about the officer, the head of Alaska's state police union said Thursday.
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has put an aide on leave during a probe into the firing of the public safety commissioner.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has put an aide on leave during a probe into the firing of the public safety commissioner.

"It's apparent to us that the governor or someone on her staff had direct access to his personnel file, as well as his workers' comp file, and those are protected," said John Cyr, executive director of the Alaska Public Safety Employees Association.

Palin, now the Republican candidate for vice president, is battling allegations that she sacked her public safety commissioner in July because he refused to fire Trooper Mike Wooten, her sister's ex-husband.

I'm glad that the RNC sprung for midi in these videos instead of hiring actual musicians to play their stock music. It makes the video seem even more cheesy and cheap than it already does. So much for supporting the arts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom