• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

so_awes

Banned
qwertybob said:
I wonder what McCain actually looks like minus make-up
Crypt%20Keeper.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just heard someone shout something the silence between McCain's last sentence about protecting Americans and the applause. Couldn't make it out though...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WickedAngel said:
And you think a show that uses it for education is similar to one showing it to specifically invoke fear and irrational behavior is similar...how?
Sorry, I just edited my post.
It's a preview they have running for their upcoming special thing, like I said in my original post.
It is just as "disgusting" to use the same footage to drum up ratings as it is for political purposes.
That was what I was trying to get at, the footage has been used by nearly everyone and so often that, in my opinion, most people who are feigning outrage are just doing so because it's an easy to thing to latch onto.

So, there we have it.
I've said my piece.

Also, just for good measure I'll include my edited message from a few minutes ago.

Jtwo said:
Like 15 minutes ago during a commercial break on modern marvels.

Edit: Let's just do the "agree to disagree" thing.
57.gif

pxleyes

Banned
Shirokun said:
Trying to be objective. Do I think McCain will be everything he claims? No. Will I vote for him? No. I'm merely saying that in the eyes of the media and the average joe, this will come off as a victory for him.
a good showing, yes, but how is it a victory? I don't, objectively, think it holds up to Obama's speech.

Shirokun

pxleyes said:
a good showing, yes, but how is it a victory? I don't, objectively, think it holds up to Obama's speech.

Relatively speaking, it does not hold up to Obama's, but he's doing what he needs to do here. He's avoiding the partisan rhetoric and reaching to the center.

You know who really matter to me?

World's richest got even richer last year: report

By Joseph A. Giannone Thu Sep 4, 6:07 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The old saying holds true: The rich do get richer.
ADVERTISEMENT

Even as world financial markets broke down last year, personal wealth around the world grew 5 percent to $109.5 trillion, according to a global wealth report released on Thursday by Boston Consulting Group.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080904/us_nm/wealthmanagement_report_dc

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying to catch up a bit. I saw that 9/11 video + Olbermann's reaction and I was just stunned. How in the hell could they have thought it was a good idea to exploit 9/11 and make it look like it is a Republican issue. I thought the Republican's could sink no lower after their speeches of lies and personal insults from yesterday, but they just broke through the bottom with this one. I really hope they get held accountable for exploiting such a terrible event like 9/11 and attempting to turn it into a partisan issue. I just donated some money to Obama's campaign yesterday, but I am going to put in another $50 today. We simply cannot have these people in power anymore.

How do any of you Republican's still stand with these people? I can understand if you don't like Obama or the Democrat's, but how does any self respecting person with a rational mind still stand by these people after what they have pulled at this convention. I would really like an answer to this question.

ShOcKwAvE

I really liked the tribute video to Cindy. It was pretty moving to learn about her time spent in hospitals helping the poor.

John's video was pretty nice too.

aceface

As a strong Democrat I can say: this is a good speech. He was cordial to Obama, which makes him seem nice. He seems very safe and relaxing. The protestors in the crowd played right into his hands too, they are dirty hippies who frighten middle America and will take over if Obama wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom