• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS: Obama and Clintons at the Tubbs ceremony

r1810954492.jpg

r2498685975.jpg

r2890151061.jpg

capt.8e0e6d8991c14a5fb7b3799f639bf69f.obama_2008_ohab116.jpg

r3239910655.jpg

r3149588683.jpg

r126710617.jpg

r338184268.jpg

capt.c8e47f30b0e54742a8240ccf2d63d287.obama_2008_ohab119.jpg

r578463308.jpg

capt.c7009b3801da4ca38e7b6e1ff3b0f9f0.obama_2008_ohab111.jpg

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Door2Dawn said:
I heard that Hurricane Gustov could be a cat 5 hurricane before it hits cuba.

Yeah, I'm actually getting the outer bands here in FL, that's how large it is. And Hanna is on her way to a direct hit for us, and my go to the gulf after. :(

laserbeam

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
Yeah, I'm actually getting the outer bands here in FL, that's how large it is. And Hanna is on her way to a direct hit for us, and my go to the gulf after. :(
Gustav is for sure massive. Apparently the GOP is now considering turning their convention into a Fundraiser Telethon for the Areas effected by the storm.

art.gustav.sat.ap.jpg

haha wow McCain just came out to ACDC blaring in PA rally

GhaleonEB said:
It's a cat 4 now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26451955/

It's likely to get stronger as it moves accross the gulf.
I know that. But their projections had it climb to a category 5 somewhere in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, then drop back down to barely a category 4 when it makes landfall.

If I was in New Orleans when I Katrina hit, and decided not to move out, I would be moving out now.

GhaleonEB said:
It's a cat 4 now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26451955/

It's likely to get stronger as it moves accross the gulf.
Yes and no. I have watched hurricanes for over a decade. Whenever a hurricane's strength peaks, it is MOST times far more likely to weaken. So if it hits Cat 5 well before the LA coast it will prob come in as a weak Cat 4, or even less.

But keep in mind, not all hurricanes follow this logic. Gilbert, Hugo, Andrew, ignored it for the most part.

laserbeam

Banned
Dax01 said:
I know that. But their projects had it climb to a category 5 somewhere in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico, then drop back down to barely a category 4 when it makes landfall.

If I was in New Orleans when I Katrina hit, and decided not to move out, I would be moving out now.

Gustav is following a deep sea warm water current which is whats giving it so much power. they say the water could be as warm as 98 degrees that its following. Lots of power build up fast with that. Hopefully it will lose some of it before it hits

syllogism

TheKingsCrown said:
Yes and no. I have watched hurricanes for over a decade. Whenever a hurricane's strength peaks, it is MOST times far more likely to weaken. So if it hits Cat 5 well before the LA coast it will prob come in as a weak Cat 4, or even less.

But keep in mind, not all hurricanes follow this logic. Gilbert, Hugo, Andrew, ignored it for the most part.
But storm surge is the biggest concern and if it hits cat 5 relatively near the coast, the surge could still be catastrophical despite weakening before landfall. In fact that's what happened with Katrina, though it was a much bigger storm.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
laserbeam said:
Gustav is for sure massive. Apparently the GOP is now considering turning their convention into a Funraiser Telethon for the Areas effected by the storm.

art.gustav.sat.ap.jpg

haha wow McCain just came out to ACDC blaring in PA rally

Wow I really hope that's true. Getting something like this out of the political process would be really, really awesome.

So, Krowley and other Republicans, I would really like your take on Palin personally admitting

That she didn't know what a VP did less than a month ago

Has admitted to no knowledge of the Iraq war

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shiggie said:
shes bout to speak!
Thanks for the heads up. Lets see this girl dance

Sorry Gaborn :(

syllogism said:
But storm surge is the biggest concern and if it hits cat 5 relatively near the coast, the surge could still be catastrophical despite weakening before landfall.
I cannot argue on storm surge, that is true. A hurricane typically carries it with it.

The dems should also hold a phone-a-thon of their own if they don't want to be relegated to being unimportant while the repubs turn a disaster into positive political press.

RubxQub

McCain is really fucking up this intro... :lol

RubxQub

besada said:
In the 80's, Perot was appointed to a committee to overhaul the Texas school systems, which were near the bottom of the barrel. Perot's two big changes (among many) were the removal of the teaching of evolution on the grounds it made us look like idiots to the rest of the country, and the "no pass, no play" rule regarding scholastics and extracurricular activities.

You mean the removal of non-teaching of evolution? As in it wasn't being taught and he enacted legislature to get it taught?

Yeah, I found it.

Now, she is not what I need, McCain. I'm going to college in two years and I don't see you doing anything that will make it any easier for me.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i love that almost-wisconsin accent. 'steeeeler territery'

meet my cute family who are also not at all qualified, the fisherman, the SOLDIER (applause!!!!), and some other people.

RubxQub

20th anniversary gift mention. 2 for 2.

Tamanon

Banned
I actually kinda want to see her first Town Hall, just to see if they're going to just substitute talking points over her blank policy slates.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
i'm a mom!!!! a mom of a soldier!!! i love soldiers!!!

i never set out to be in public office, an average hockey mom. read: i didn't think i would be qualified either.

RubxQub

Stop wasteful spending!

Cut property taxes!

...for a town of 7,000 people.

YOU GO GIRL

Shiggie

Alright, list your exaggerated resume.

EDIT: didnt she say the same things yesterday?
Again, how is she changing the status quo? anyone?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Listening to her reading off her "accomplishments" makes me facepalm x10.

She went straight from "I was in the PTA" to "I then became governor" in about 4 seconds.

"The right reason is to challenge the status quo... that's why I'm on the same side of every issue as George W Bush, and am misinformed on many others just like he is!"

USA USA USA

RubxQub

So is this supposed to be a non-speech?

I love the packaging of this product, but it appears as though nothing's inside but a gigantic turd.

besada

Banned
CharlieDigital said:
You mean the removal of non-teaching of evolution? As in it wasn't being taught and he enacted legislature to get it taught?

Yes, sorry. Perot basically used mockery to help drive creationism out of public schools in Texas. Interestingly, since Southern schoolbooks are frequently targeted at Texas curricula (because of the raw numbers) the change spread outward from Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom