• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Oooooo Barrack!

You slick devil!

RubxQub

What the hell?!

Barack dude... don't do that shit :lol

Tamanon

Banned
UltimaKilo said:
He just brought up something... Do presidential candidates travel to Alaska?

Nah, 3 electoral votes and such a pain to get to. Hell, usually they don't ever hit Hawaii.:lol

And bill, you just posted below one, there are at least 6 in this thread that I've seen.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
oh shit he's about to compare how long he's been campaigning to his vp-opponent's experience!

19 months

err. it would have been a good opportunity to do so.

NullPointer said:
In a just world we'd get to see Tim Russert dissect her point by point on Meet the Press.

We wouldn't have enough popcorn for that smackdown.

Instead we have Tom "McCain was a POW" Brokaw or David "McCain is a Maverick" Gregory. :( Palin on MTP will be pure weaksauce as a result. Russert will be sorely missed.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
UltimaKilo said:
Obama just brought up that more than half of his time in the Senate he has been campaigning for Prez! >.<

while funny, this is an argument rarely brought up by other, similarly campaigning opponents.

Tamanon

Banned
maximum360 said:
Instead we have Tom "McCain was a POW" Brokaw or David "McCain is a Maverick" Gregory. :( Palin on MTP will be pure weaksauce as a result. Russert will be sorely missed.

They can always get Andrea Greenspan to do it!

Deku

Banned
What are the points of these rallies? I assume they are attended by democrats. How will it sway the independents?

Tamanon

Banned
Deku said:
What are the points of these rallies? I assume they are attended by democrats. How will it sway the independents?

Some independents show up, but they're used for local newspapers, to gather information from attendants for promotional concerns, to register voters and to be on TV.

NLB2

Banned
lexdysia said:
Biden is really highlighting his experience now.

"When I was a 29-year-old kid...who had been [in the Senate] for a few years already."
Huh?

I'm not watching the speech but this makes no sennse at all. NH Senate?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Deku said:

message message message message. pound it home until it is taken up or it is rejected.

RubxQub

Deku said:
Drum up local press and spout any new talking points as they arise for the media cycles I imagine.

I enjoy them, regardless of their purpose, from both camps.

RubxQub

I swear to God.

Do people faint at McCain rallies?

Takes me back to those old televised Michael Jackson concerts, where they were constantly cutting to girls being taken out on stretchers.

Hootie

Formless said:
Water bottle!

rrnib5.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
RubxQub said:
I swear to God.

Do people faint at McCain rallies?

Yeah, people faint at these things all the time, although it's more pronounced at Obama ones just because people tend to stand around for hours beforehand waiting to get in.

RubxQub

DeaconKnowledge said:
He's really tripping up on his words.
Yeah. Not one of his best outings I've seen as far as pacing goes.

NullPointer said:
I think if a person collapses at a McCain rally they're staying down.

Dude... :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
!!! time to bring back the fainting women. :lol

UltimaKilo said:
Which is the sign of a crappy campaign.

Or the sign of a crappy political system, neither of which either side of the aisle has any motivation to change (or right to bitch about). This is common for all candidates and is a non issue. Nobody in their right mind would accuse their opponent of this, regardless of truth, because they too have to do the same thing. Prevention of hypocrisy, if you will.

Surely you don't want to discuss how much time McCain has spent campaigning for elections, reelections, and presidential runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom