• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA spoke at Labor Day rallies today in Detroit and Monroe, Michigan

capt.844566005cc646c1af792a841d484ace.obama_2008_miab113.jpg

John Sweeney, National President of the AFL-CIO, left, reaches to shake hands with Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., before a rally Hart Plaza in Detroit, Mich. Monday, Sept. 1, 2008. Sen. Obama cut his speech short due to Hurricane Gustav. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.97b42de2bc684c0fae699cab04d9fd51.obama_2008_miab109.jpg

Supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., observe a moment of silence for those in the Gulf Coast suffering the wrath of Hurricane Gustav during a rally Hart Plaza in Detroit, Mich. Monday, Sept. 1, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

r3766996847.jpg

Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) speaks to the crowd at Hart Plaza following the annual Labor Day parade in Detroit, Michigan September 1, 2008. Standing behind Obama is AFL-CIO Union President John Sweeney. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook

r4270402289.jpg

Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) speaks to the crowd at Hart Plaza following the annual Labor Day parade in Detroit, Michigan September 1, 2008. Standing behind Obama are union presidents Teamsters President James Hoffa (L), AFL-CIO President John Sweeney (C) and UAW President Ron Gettelfinger. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook

r3848664345.jpg

15 year old Marcus Hamilton and his father Mark wait to hear Democratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) speak at Hart Plaza following the annual Labor Day parade in Detroit, Michigan September 1, 2008. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook

capt.9af59580abb6496b920a4ed822d4098f.obama_2008_miab108.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., shakes hands after cutting short his rally Hart Plaza in Detroit, Monday, Sept. 1, 2008. He shortened his speech as the Gulf Coast endures Hurricane Gustav.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.eadecd58bf974be6b54f0c5c915cfe16.obama_2008_miab104.jpg

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., shakes hands after cutting short his rally Hart Plaza in Detroit, Mich. Monday, Sept. 1, 2008. He shortened his speech as the Gulf Coast endures Hurricane Gustav. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

capt.8d0ec13c6f284c26bdc62da7bbef4b01.obama_2008_miab115.jpg

Rep. Marcy Kaptor, D-Ohio, left, Debbie Dingell, Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., applaud Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., as he speaks at a Labor Day rally at the Plumbers and Pipefitters Hall Local 671 in Monroe, Mich., Monday, Sept. 1, 2008. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

lexdysia said:
He weathered Rev. Wright. Palin is pretty much great for the Obama camp.

Don't worry. There will be a movie starring Rev. Wright, Ayers, and Rezko with guest star Farrakhan (all dressed in Muslim garb) directed by Karl Rove come October. This will be interspersed with "Whitey" rantings of Michelle Obama and drugged up Limousine gay sex.

Rove is already pushing hard for more funding of third party groups to take on Obama this fall.

Pimpwerx

Hitokage said:
If only some of Obama's supporters actually agreed with him.
Why does it matter anymore? The game of politics is a game, and the cons play it very well by playing to the ignorant masses who will buy bullshit gossip like this hook, line and sinker. A viewing audience weened on a steady diet of reality tv is ripe for this sort of slimeball politics.

My main problem is that this isn't even slimeball politics at all. This is about highlighting the fundamental difference between the modern liberal and conservative movements. Here is a woman who supports abstinence programs which clearly don't work. Now it's one thing to have a beautiful working model of "abstinence programs done right" fully-operational in one's own home. It's another to take these moral stances when your own implementation of this program in your home fails hard and fast. Fails so fast, people think your daughter's a slut you have to fake a pregnancy for. Where's the moral outrage?

She's Jimmy Swaggert selling us snakeoil from the pulpit. Do as I say, not as I do. Or in this case, do what I say, eventhough I'm clearly incapable of making this shit work myself. What other brilliant and time-tested social/financial programs are we expected to accept from this woman? Not everyone is right about everything, but if you're running for the second-highest seat in the country, you need to prove that you can back your play. If you're gonna run as the chair of morality, you sure as shit better have a spotless collar. PEACE.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
i just got a text from obama's campaign:

"Barack asks that you give to the Red Cross: give 5 dollars by testing GIVE to 24357 or give more by calling 1-800-435-7669 or at redcross.org/donate"

you know.. the media sort of poked fun at this texting thing.. but he has made it so easy for someone to donate money to his campaign or any other associations ..

DeaconKnowledge said:
So is it safe to call this election or what?

Gotta say I can't see much changing unless there's some monumental scandal on Obama's side.

No, because that would grossly underestimate the Democratic party's historic ability to lose elections.

Confidence, with a healthy dose of apprehension, is what is needed to keep the eye on the ball and keep working hard.

My grandma went to the rally and said it was amazing. She was crying over the phone, so happy to have seen him in public.

I'm glad he came to Detroit. Many people felt he was ignoring the city due to the Kwame fiasco. I hope he hits Detroit a few more times before November. If the Obama camp can get a 55-60% turnout rate among blacks in Detroit that'll really negate any gains McCain makes in Oakland County

http://www.politickerme.com/jessicaalaimo/2471/rove-obamas-inexperienced-bidens-big-blowhard-doofus

Karl Rove said:
MINNEAPOLIS -- Maine's Republican delegation got a surprise visit from former White House political operative Karl Rove at its convention breakfast this morning.

During his speech, he talked up John McCain's Republican presidential bid and criticized Democratic nominee Barack Obama for his inexperience.

When the topic of running mates came up, he referred to U.S. Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) as a "big, blowhard doofus."

Rove keeping it classy.

reilo said:
sept1538.gif

No write-up yet...

Nate probably threw out the convention-bounce adjustments that he had been tossing around. There was an open poll on whether or not to do that yesterday when it was clear that Gustav, Palin, the cancellation of the first day of the convention, etc. threw everything to FUBAR city.

TDG

Banned
Well, I guess Palin really has been a game-changer so far... just not in the way the GOP had hoped.

The relentless smearing of Palin has made me wonder if the democrat attack machine is a bit more effective than I had thought.

Shiggie

Fox is the only one actually covering the 'not her baby' story. Seems like they like drama no matter whose side its on.

M3wThr33

Banned
TDG said:
Well, I guess Palin really has been a game-changer so far... just not in the way the GOP had hoped.

The relentless smearing of Palin has made me wonder if the democrat attack machine is a bit more effective than I had thought.

I don't even think it's that. I just think the hate on Palin is so angry, it's consuming themselves from within. As a poster said, Fox News is covering it.

PhoenixDark said:
If the Obama camp can get a 55-60% turnout rate among blacks in Detroit that'll really negate any gains McCain makes in Oakland County

Obama, surprisingly, is beating McCain in Oakland County. Pretty handily, too.

Michigan is in no danger of going red.

Xisiqomelir

TDG said:

It's all the Netroots though, NOT the DNC machine. Bambam himself is bailing out JSA's campaign with these "c'mon guys, lay off 'em" quotes. I'd be far happier if he just kept quiet and let Kos and HuffPo go to work.

Incognito said:
Obama, surprisingly, is beating McCain in Oakland County. Pretty handily, too.

Michigan is in no danger of going red.

Handily? The last poll I saw had Obama up a couple points iirc. Interesting

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
TDG said:

What the hell makes you think this is coming from the 'democrat attack machine'? This is just shit thats turning up because she just appeared out of nowhere, and journalists, bloggers, etc have just started to dig into her shit. There's been no official smear attacks from the democratic party.

Tamanon

Banned
Xisiqomelir said:
It's all the Netroots though, NOT the DNC machine. Bambam himself is bailing out JSA's campaign with these "c'mon guys, lay off 'em" quotes. I'd be far happier if he just kept quiet and let Kos and HuffPo go to work.

Nah, public denunciation is what led the Bush campaign to ignore the stigma of the Swiftboating.

Plus, keep in mind that a lot of the "smears" are leftovers from the Alaska GOP.

GhaleonEB

Trakdown said:
s-CONVENT-large.jpg

WTF? Did Cindy break her arm or something?
She has had wrist problems before. She went to the hospital a few weeks ago because a really vigorous handshake messed with her wrist.

fivethirtyeight model adjustment and some polling analysis:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/09/todays-polls-91.html

I agree with his final prediction.
Pimpwerx said:
Innocent people hire lawyers all the time. >_> PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
She fell down some stairs. <_< PEACE.
Okay, WTF.

It's pretty amazing to see, on CNN, on the floor of the GOP convention, with Gustav and everything, all this attention paid to Troopergate and the baby. Just highlights what a disasterous choice this was. They should be talking about reaction to the storm or the criticisms of Obama being laid out.

But no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom