• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

Good lord....this is now a gold mine for journalists. You can bet that every journalist covering this is looking at everyone/everything they can to find whatever else they can so they can be famous.

The most interesting thing about this is now you never know what will be found out next. :lol

Anyone keeping a list of what's been found out in the last 3 days?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"How we can change Washington and move forward..."

So... vote Obama?

Campbell: "There is a feeling that you're not holding your VP pick to the same standards as your campaign has run on."

Tucker blabbers about McCain

Campbell: "We know all about John McCain, Tucker, but the point of the VP is to step in if something happens to the president. Tell me about her experience and foreign policy."

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/the_alaska_independence_party.php

Mr, Carter says that AIP members must "infiltrate" -- his words -- the other two parties and push for the cause of Alaskan independence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/...e=2&show_comment_id=15114446#comment_15114446

Larry Kudlow of CNBC's "Kudlow & Co." asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain's ticket mate.

Palin replied: "As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I'm used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we're trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question."

She's out of fucking control. :lol :lol :lol

Rugasuki

kkaabboomm said:
and not even that, they will not confirm what DAY last week he learned. really? REALLY?

I caught this as well. All he said was that he found out early on in the vetting process. If the vetting process just started last week then that doesn't mean anything.

qwertybob

ZealousD said:
Jesus there's so much dirt on Palin it has to be crushing her.

We need to somehow consolidate all of these controversies into one gigantic email or video or something and let it spread. This is ridiculous.

cant be done, new stories are appearing to quickly, an impossible task :lol

Gruco

Banned
Tommie Hu$tle said:
Cambell and Tucker back on CNN. WATCH IT!
They didn't even fucking anticpate questions like this.

McCain has taken the joke that is his presidential campaign to a whole new level.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tucker: "She's be in executive experience reforming WASHINGTON."

WTF!

GhaleonEB

ZealousD said:
Jesus there's so much dirt on Palin it has to be crushing her.

We need to somehow consolidate all of these controversies into one gigantic email or video or something and let it spread. This is ridiculous.
I checked her wikipedia page the other day, right after the announcement. It was several paragraphs long.

It's bigger now. :lol

And updated on the fly, it seems.

Sarah Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party, which has as its main goal a vote to determine whether or not Alaska should secede from the United States. Palin and her husband were members in 1994, even attending the 1994 statewide convention in Wasilla. Palin also sent a videotaped message to the party's 2008 convention.

Arde5643

She's just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't she?

Even Dems don't have to do anything at this rate as her treasure troves keep self imploding McCain's camp.

lexdysia

Banned
Guy Legend said:
2819847366_b88dfe5f9d.jpg

Yup, yup. He's my friendo.

Rugasuki

Did tucker just say that McCain Commanded troops? Maybe I'm missing a piece of his history but I don't know of any point where that occured.

reilo said:
Tucker: "She's be in executive experience reforming WASHINGTON."

WTF!
yeah really? and he cant mention one decision as cic of the alaskan national guard that she made.

"she made decisions about arming..." wtf? no.

Holy shit (the main idea of what just took place):

"When people enter the polling place... They're going to decide between John McCain's record of reforming Washington and Obama's rhetoric on the campaign trail."

:lol :lol

all the dirt will simply energize the evangelical base...all Palin has to do is raise her arms in the air and ask Jesus for forgiveness and i can guarantee you that the votes from the fundies will follow.

and seriously the McCain camp can play up the "poor woman being attacked by the press angle" to drum up support from PUMA

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think she will step out from the VP position.

McCain has been running the worst campaign I have ever seen.

Thank you "Universal Law of LOL".

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
ninj4junpei said:
:lol Same here.
I've seriously been following this all day. The AIP thing is 100% new, which I didn't expect (I figured this Palin mess would end after baby-gate and troopergate broke) but....NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S NEXT:lol :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
monchi-kun said:
all the dirt will simply energize the evangelical base...all Palin has to do is raise her arms in the air and ask Jesus for forgiveness and i can guarantee you that the votes from the fundies will follow

What's new here? It's not like they were ever going to vote Dems. They are an already established group, and shrinking every year too.

GhaleonEB

Ether_Snake said:

And to his next pick, "What's it like to be McCain's second choice - after Sarah Palin?"

Agent Icebeezy

I know that people used to question patriotism, but in light of her being a part of the AIP, this might get brought up again.

Trakdown

monchi-kun said:
all the dirt will simply energize the evangelical base...all Palin has to do is raise her arms in the air and ask Jesus for forgiveness and i can guarantee you that the votes from the fundies will follow

Fundies aren't going to be happy with a woman not being in the home where she should be (their thoughts, not mine).

The funny thing is that (politics aside) Cheney was probably one of the best VP picks in American history he was very engaged in the day to day operations of Washington. Palin, would be one of the worst (or probably more traditional).

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I've seriously been following this all day. The AIP thing is 100% new, which I didn't expect (I figured this Palin mess would end after baby-gate and troopergate broke) but....NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S NEXT:lol :lol
BREAKING NEWS: Sarah Palin secretly a communist.

Developing...

Pimpwerx

The AIP thing can be spun, but it's gonna be a tough sell. The media isn't running with it yet, so the campaign can come up with a good cover. I can only assume it was from a long time ago. PEACE.

Juice

Ether_Snake said:

Highly unlikely she'll bow out. Unless this AIP stuff yields a clear quote that says soemthing unequivocally un-American (I haven't watched all the Youtube clips--maybe it's there)

I love how that Tucker guy kept trying to skirt around Brown's question: can you give me an example of an decision she made as commander in chief of the Alaskan National Guard?

He couldn't give one! He even tried to blame Brown for questioning all of her decisions as commander-in-chief. What decisions, Tucker?:lol

Agent Icebeezy

Pimpwerx said:
The AIP thing can be spun, but it's gonna be a tough sell. The media isn't running with it yet, so the campaign can come up with a good cover. I can only assume it was from a long time ago. PEACE.

Her involvement can't be spun, see that youtube that numble put, she is addressing them and said that she shares their vision. These are her words. Their vision is succession. :lol :lol :lol

monchi-kun said:
all the dirt will simply energize the evangelical base...all Palin has to do is raise her arms in the air and ask Jesus for forgiveness and i can guarantee you that the votes from the fundies will follow.

and seriously the McCain camp can play up the "poor woman being attacked by the press angle" to drum up support from PUMA

The evangelical base was already going to vote for them and nobody gives a crap about PUMA's nor do I believe their numbers are significant enough to make any difference what so ever.

Personally I'm in just for the chickens coming home to roost aspect and the lulz. You play dirty politics you deserve to get some of it splashed back on you. Speaking of Republicans in general and not Palin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom