• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
lexdysia said:
"She manages a state gov't of 50 people, my campaign has 2500. Her budget is $12 million. Ours is about 3 times that."

-Barackslapped.
She buys kevlar. We buy arming piercing bullets.

Imm0rt4l

Hootie said:
I know all of this shit happened to Palin today, but the media is too focused on Gustav to give a damn about it, it seems.
what was once a curse for them is now a blessing. Hopefully the media doesn't let this slide.

Imm0rt4l

Picture%201.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
http://election411.org/blog/id/3601148/amy-goodman-detained

Amy Goodman and some other Democracy Now! workers arrested.

Getting word as it plays -- Amy Goodman and two other crew from DemocracyNow! are being detained by police for "probable cause for riot (?)." Happening now -- just got word. Phoned in to other DN! crew to see what we can do. Waiting to hear if it's an arrest or "detained." Should have a report on the live broadcast later today. Police scene here over the top. We chased the raids all day Saturday and I'll blog about some of that later. Meanwhile, in phone contact with DN! and if any help is needed behind the scenes, we're there

This is just really weird, there's some serious crackdown going on there.

Trakdown

Pankaks said:
The guy got so upset when Campbell actually asked for 1 example of an order Palin gave to the national guard, makes you wonder if he even knew what he was talking about.

Why don't we ask an AK Natl. Guard General?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/31/alaska-national-guard-gen_n_122860.html

HuffPol said:
But, in an interview with The Associated Press on Sunday, he said he and Palin play no role in national defense activities, even when they involve the Alaska National Guard. The entire operation is under federal control, and the governor is not briefed on situations.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm doing a summary! I'm trying to get the central ideas posted here first to make sure I have everything. I may want to later expand upon this and provide links and sources.

----------------------

Secessiongate - Sarah Palin was originally a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a third-party in Alaska that advocates Alaska leaving the Union. She addressed the party as recently as this year in a video to their convention.

Nearly-Recalled-gate - Sarah Palin was nearly recalled as Mayor of Wasilla for firing the Police Chief and Library Director without probable cause. She only fired them because she "felt" like they weren't supportive of her.

Small-Town-Big-Money-gate - Sarah Palin ran up a $20 million debt for a town of only 5,400 people. That's $3,700 per person. This from somebody who claims to be against pork barrel projects.

Bridge-To-Nowhere-gate - "I was for the bridge before I was against it." Palin was originally for the Gravina Island bridge in her 2006 gubernatorial run.

Troopergate - Palin allegedly fired Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan for failing to fire a state trooper who had divorced her sister. The investigation is ongoing.

Babygate - Despite being an evangelical Christian for abstinence-only sex-ed, Palin's 17 year-old daughter had sex before marriage and is now 5-months pregnant. This was after allegations that Palin's son Trig (the down's syndrome baby) was her daughter's and not hers.

Pledge-Of-Allegiance-gate - Sarah Palin thinks the Pledge of Allegiance was written by the founding fathers with the phrase "Under God". "Under God" was added to the pledge during the Cold War to put space between the atheist Soviet Union and America.

Stevens527-gate - Sarah Palin was a director of "Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc", a 527 led by Senator Stevens, now under trial for corruption charges.

Mother-In-Law-gate - Sarah Palin's mother-in-law is an Obama supporter and doesn't understand what she brings to the McCain ticket.

Global-Warming-gate - Sarah Palin believes that climate change is not man-made.

Creationism-gate - Sarah Palin supports Creationism being taught in public schools.

Inexperience-gate - Presidential scholars say that Palin is the most underqualified person to join a presidential ticket in the modern era. Her presence undermines the central argument of the McCain campaign, that Obama is not ready to the lead because of his inexperience.

Vetting-gate - John McCain didn't do jack to vet her. He talked with her once.

Champion-for-Big-Oil-gate - Like McCain, Palin believes that oil drilling is the only solution to our energy problems. “I beg to disagree with any candidate who would say we can’t drill our way out of our problem,” she says. She supports more drilling in protected areas of the Outer Continental Shelf and the Alaska Natural Wildlife Refuge, once attacking McCain for his “close-mindedness on ANWR.” Palin rejects clean renewable energy that is an alternative to oil. Earlier this month, she claimed that “alternative-energy solutions are far from imminent and would require more than 10 years to develop.” Gov Palin recently sued the Interior Department over its decision to list the polar bear as a threatened species. Why is that a problem? Well those polar bears get in the way of oil drilling.

What's-A-VP?-gate - Palin is quoted for not knowing what a VP does, a mere month before being chosen.

Hillary-Is-A-Whiner-gate - Despite siphoning from Hillary Clinton in an endeavor to woo former Clinton supporters, Palin called Hillary a "whiner" for complaining about her treatment in the primaries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct me if I've left anything out. I only want to add stuff that's actually related to her, so stuff like "Alaska-Is-Close-To-Russia-gate" only applies if she says that herself.

Campbell Brown: Name one decision she's made as commander in chief...

Tucker: She's made any decision she's made...

With logic like that, no wonder the Republicans are always right.

Arde5643

avaya said:
I'm laughing at McCain but I feel sorry for Palin.

She has been thrown to the wolves.
Well, it's mostly her fault as well for not actually understanding how rigorous and painful an actual vetting process and being VP is going to be.

I feel for her family though, it's her and McCain's camp fault that they'll be dragged through the mud so many times during this actual vetting process.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Rep. Michelle Bachmann already playing up the gender angle - to question Palin's 'executive experience' is to question the ability of her gender to lead.

my word.

scorcho said:
Rep. Michelle Bachmann already playing up the gender angle - to question Palin's 'executive experience' is to question the ability of her gender to lead.

my word.

Carville had a nice comeback, "Hey, I supported a woman for President."

gkryhewy

And the republican talking head responds to Carville that she finds the town hall photo somehow disrespectful to women, and that McCain hit it out of the park.

Bail the fuck out.

Rugasuki

Anyone watching Larry King Live? It's hilarious. James Carville just put up a picture of Palin's Mayor's office and said it looked like a bake shop. Of course the only response was that carville is being sexist which is absurd since he supported Hillary.

edit:
Man guess I'm slow getting to post this.

avaya said:
I'm laughing at McCain but I feel sorry for Palin.

She has been thrown to the wolves.

Every politican worth his/her salt gets put through the ringer once or more. She'll come out of this relatively fine I suspect. This is simply the cost of picking an unknown as VP.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
... wow. How rich is it when he tries to belittle Obama by saying any decision Palin made as commander of the National Guard is more than Barack has had to make, then when pressed to name a single specific example he accuses Campbell Brown of belittling Palin?

As Trakdown posted:

But, in an interview with The Associated Press on Sunday, he said he and Palin play no role in national defense activities, even when they involve the Alaska National Guard. The entire operation is under federal control, and the governor is not briefed on situations.

So, as it turns out, she's made no decisions :lol :lol :lol

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
damn, for 5 seconds this was the best Larry King i've ever seen. i realized after the 6th second it was because Larry's microphone was off.

Alcander

Wow that woman on CNN didn't even make any sense.

Carville: "shes not ready to lead, look at the city hall where she was mayor, etc"

Woman: "you're hating on American women!!"

Carville: "I supported a woman in the primary"

Woman: "thats why Americans will support Palin!"

...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom