• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of Republican's Turn at Conventions (Palin VP - READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakdown

ryutaro's mama said:
:lol :lol :lol

BTW, Carville is fucking owning right now.

Fucking owning.

Well, McCain wanted the pissed off Hillary supporters....

Edit: @Tommiehustle: She'd kinda have to be. She's nowhere near 9 months and she's now 17. It's a nonstarter, and besides, as Obama said, that's not important.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Fatalah said:
Does anyone else think Palin's whole role is to set a fire under Evangelical's butts? They weren't really rallying around McCain, but now they've got their Palin to protect from the heathens of the world (you know, pro-choice dems and the leftist media).

Palin news items are getting so damn annoying, I don't even know who's running for President anymore. She's been the top story since Friday, outside of a Gustav.

I said this earlier as have many: if McCain had to pick someone to energize the conservative base, then he way more problems than anyone even realized.

For those of you defending McCain/Palin saying that this is irrelevant, answer me this . . . how would the right-wing have reacted if it where Obama or Biden's 17 year-old daughter that was pregnant?

You KNOW they would have gone absolutely bat-shit insane over it. To say otherwise is to be detached from reality.

Hootie

16 year old daughter of VP candidate who advocates abstinence and moral/family values gets knocked up and that's not a problem? Lawl.

reilo

"IT'S DEMEANING TO WOMEN!"

Carville: "How is that demeaning to women? Please!"

laserbeam

Banned
Hootie said:
16 year old daughter of VP candidate who advocates abstinence and moral/family values gets knocked up and that's not a problem? Lawl.

"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

"How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics, and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off-limits."

reilo

CARVILLE SMACKING THIS WOMAN DOWN.

He's about to go Ric Flair on her ass.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
VPhys said:
cityhalltf5.jpg

:lol

WTF looks like the side of a ghetto gas station.

Amir0x

Banned
speculawyer said:
For those of you defending McCain/Palin saying that this is irrelevant, answer me this . . . how would the right-wing have reacted if it where Obama or Biden's 17 year-old daughter that was pregnant?

You KNOW they would have gone absolutely bat-shit insane over it. To say otherwise is to be detached from reality.

So... you think it's perfectly Ok to react that way, even though assuredly you'd be pissed if this reaction happened to Obama/Biden? I thought people hated those Republican tactics.

Clearly PoliGAF doesn't real care about that.

Hootie

laserbeam said:
"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

"How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics, and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off-limits."

Obama says it shouldn't be a problem, and hey, I agree. But the fact is the media will milk this for all it is worth and that WILL be problem for her.

reilo

I thought King said he was going to have nothing but democrats on his panel for the entire week?

Rur0ni

Man. This Palin thing is the WORST THING EVER to happen. I mean, hooooly shit. This is better than a primary night.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
speculawyer said:

The fact that the republicans cant go wild over Palin's thus neutralizes any sort of similar situation in the near future for the democrats (elections in 2012, 2016, etc):lol

Lost Fragment said:
Who cares?

I guess I should move to the pregnacy talk about this. I don't want to go down this path. I was speaking specifically to the idea of putting statutory rape in the mix which would be a very ugly situation.

Hootie

Rur0ni said:
This is better than a primary night.

Good times, good times. :D

I can only imagine what Election Day shall bring for PoliGAF. I think if Obama loses (please win!), it will be worse than all E3 meltdowns combined.

Haunted

Amir0x said:
So... you think it's perfectly Ok to react that way, even though assuredly you'd be pissed if this reaction happened to Obama/Biden? I thought people hated those Republican tactics.

Clearly PoliGAF doesn't real care about that.

Yeah, Palin has loads of issues from a political standpoint without resorting to personal attacks. It would be nice to see at least one party take the high road.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, the person the McCain camp hired for Palin to help her acclimate to the national game, Tucker Eskew....the same Tucker Eskew that smeared McCain in the 2000 campaign. The guy behind the black baby calls.

It's nice to see how the stragety is starting to evolve. It appears they are going to go with the offensive to women angle when anyone questions her qualifications until the GOP can build a case

Alcander said:
That congresswoman was just aching to turn the argument into a women-bash. Wow she annoyed me.

Was that Michelle Bachmann from Minnesota? She's one of the most odious fundies in the entire Republican party and an embarassment to that state's fine heartland traditions.

Haunted

speculawyer said:

Yes, but this is the democrat's chance, nay, duty, to show that they're better than that.

Alcander said:
That congresswoman was just aching to turn the argument into a women-bash. Wow she annoyed me.

She was a fucking embarrassment. She was just looking for any opportunity to say "See, you're a sexist pig!"

Fatalah

I love Carville, it's great to have him fighting for Obama. Love it!

So it's clear to me that the Republican memo to all their mouth pieces is to accuse the democrats of being sexist if Palin is attacked. Wow, I didn't think it would happen THIS fast.

Next up is Biden being called a "bully" during the VP debates.

Amir0x said:
so man Palin had a great Monday, i hear she energized the base

Being sarcastic? Because I honestly want to know. How could she, at the very least, a polarizing choice (and that's being modest!), be energizing anyone?

reilo

I think demeaning her daughter for getting pregnant is off limits, and the parents should not be chastised for supporting their daughter in a time of need.

HOWEVER

This brings up the issue of that abstinence only programs clearly DO NOT WORK. And no, Bristow Palin is not the only example to go by - there are dozens of studies that say the exact same thing. Bristow Palin has just become the gateway into this debate - as unfair as it is to no fault of her own - a debate that we should be having as this current administration and possibly future administrations have clearly used OUR tax dollars to promote those abstinence only programs.

When Obama spoke about finding ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy so that we have less abortions in this country, teaching contraceptives is how you do it. That's where the issue comes in with a presidential and vice-presidential nominee being huge abstinence only advocates.

Tommie Hu$tle said:
It's nice to see how the stragety is starting to evolve. It appears they are going to go with the offensive to women angle when anyone questions her qualifications until the GOP can build a case

I think it's too late. When even George Snuffleupagus and Charlie Gibson are starting to join the feeding frenzy, you're pretty fucked.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jak140 said:
Video of Sarah Palin addressing the Alaskan Independence Party in 2008, whose platform includes Alaska Seceding from the United States:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPmKljh9RQ
This

+

"We want to make sure that the VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaska"

+

the VP ignorance from that same interview

+

"this is going to be very, very great for Alaska" (after being picked)

=

Serious questions about whether she has any fucking clue about what the VP does.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
this puts things in better context -
Both Sarah Palin and John McCain back abstinence-only education. No surprises there.

What's galling is this: When the subject is a pregnancy to an unwed, minority teenage mother growing up in some (presumably Democratic) urban area, that pregnancy becomes fodder for lectures from conservatives about bad parenting, the perils of welfare spending and so on. But when the subject is a pregnancy to an unwed, white teenager from some small town in a Republican state, that pregnancy is...a celebration of the wonders of God's magnificence--and choosing life!
the only teen pregnancies that should be avoided are those from minority, poor or Democratic communities.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fatalah said:
Does anyone else think Palin's whole role is to set a fire under Evangelical's butts? They weren't really rallying around McCain, but now they've got their Palin to protect from the heathens of the world (you know, pro-choice dems and the leftist media).

Palin news items are getting so damn annoying, I don't even know who's running for President anymore. She's been the top story since Friday, outside of a Gustav.

She was not picked for her lol-gates that's for sure, don't give any sort of credence where it is not due;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom