• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

That Kilian Eng Pinocchio is absolutely stunning. I just got mine in and cannot pull myself away from it. Congrats, Mock!

Thanks! In terms of printing it's the same printer as Ico, but from the onset his goal was to make it even more impressive as he's always trying to make each piece by each artist better than the last. We treated this as a premium piece like with Inside Out and Cinderella so the color count ended up high.

Local pick up or something? This is my first time buying from Cyclops and it's still unfulfilled which I assume is just an indicator it hasn't been packed/shipped yet.

Yeah, yours hasn't shipped yet, but we've started shipping. I think there's 110 or so orders left to fulfill. Should be done by the week's end.

IronRinn

Anyone know any options for storing B2 posters? I have a bunch that I would love to store in a portfolio but I cant seem to find anything for B2 sized posters. Most only go up to 18x24

I have only found this so far: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000THRINQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Don't know if you'll find much for that size specifically, but you can find portfolios for 24" x 36" prints. There are two (pricier options) linked in the OP.

IronRinn

I was wondering if you guys could give me some help.

Was wondering what size most of these were and what size the smaller posters were as well

My last question was mostly about the size of the actual art compared to the size of the actual posters? Any ideas.

I had some original artwork but wasn't sure on what size it would look good on for printed materials

In was also considering doing some of my own posters but not sure on copy rights. Really wanted to hit up a few movies like 2001 a space odyssey
I would say the majority of prints are either 18" x 24" or 24" x 36". Smaller prints are all over the place. I would also say the majority of those prints the art goes to the edge, but you get plenty with borders as well. It might be more of an even split. Some people (Esao Andrews for example) always have a border on their art.

The print size is up to you and what you think would look best, but as a collector I would say to make the print something that will fit in a standard frame. I feel like it expands your audience beyond just poster nerds if someone can say "I like that piece of art, I'll pick up a nice looking frame from Michael's or the like and it will look rad on my wall." and not have to spend even more money on custom framing. Just my two cents.

Copyright is always a problem in theory, but at the same time everyone and their mother is selling movie prints at this point. It's not cost effective for studios to go after everyone selling a small run fan print.

Meier

Yeah, yours hasn't shipped yet, but we've started shipping. I think there's 110 or so orders left to fulfill. Should be done by the week's end.
No worries! I'm a little lucky with Mondo allowing local pick-up but I know most of their stuff can take weeks to ship so I wasn't expecting it to come for a bit anyhow. Super excited to see this one in person.

By the way, I am selling/trading a few pieces since I'm trying to cut down my collection of stuff that I probably will never frame so if anyone is interested.. http://expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=36173

A Trip To The Moon 12 Phantom City Creative - 1st
2012 Phantom City Creative

Hugo 12 Tong - 1st
2012 Tong, Kevin

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington 12 Moss - 1st
2012 Moss, Olly

Rashomon 12 Delicious Design - 1st
2012 Delicious Design

The Iron Giant 12 Durieux - 1st
2012 Durieux, Laurent

Game of Thrones 14 Moss - Full Set
2014 Moss, Olly

IronRinn

Man, Rich Kelly's album artwork has been on point. Would love a Naked Lunch poster based on the interior or the cover.

4DWNiCz.jpg

SteviePlunder

Neo Member
Just been hit for £13.55 of Royal Mail customs charges (including a lovely £8 handling fee). I knew it was going to happen one day... But the question is who was silly enough to put the actual value of the product on the sticker? Grrrr.....

I'll probably sound like a prude but it is illegal to lower the declared value when shipping out of the US & you can be nailed with up to a $10,000 fine and/or up to 5 years in prison PER violation.
The risk far outweighs the reward IMO.
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title13/html/USCODE-2011-title13-chap9-sec305.htm

I would say the majority of prints are either 18" x 24" or 24" x 36". Smaller prints are all over the place. I would also say the majority of those prints the art goes to the edge, but you get plenty with borders as well. It might be more of an even split. Some people (Esao Andrews for example) always have a border on their art.

The print size is up to you and what you think would look best, but as a collector I would say to make the print something that will fit in a standard frame. I feel like it expands your audience beyond just poster nerds if someone can say "I like that piece of art, I'll pick up a nice looking frame from Michael's or the like and it will look rad on my wall." and not have to spend even more money on custom framing. Just my two cents.

Copyright is always a problem in theory, but at the same time everyone and their mother is selling movie prints at this point. It's not cost effective for studios to go after everyone selling a small run fan print.
The issue I have is we have some art made but not sure what size our art would look best at. I feel a couple of them are too small and would barely make a book cover perhaps.

I have a Beyonce piece that I put a bit of Prince into that wouldn't have any prince copyrights. Thought his symbol would kill me but would work out great of we could get that in.

Browny

Banned
I'll probably sound like a prude but it is illegal to lower the declared value when shipping out of the US & you can be nailed with up to a $10,000 fine and/or up to 5 years in prison PER violation.
The risk far outweighs the reward IMO.
https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title13/html/USCODE-2011-title13-chap9-sec305.htm
True enough... my grrr was one of "it was a good run but had to happen at some point". Although I am wondering exactly what value is showing on the tube... or whether RM have opened it up...

Oh God no please no.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Dropped this off to be framed yesterday :)
r90kNAW.jpg
Beautiful! I got the Tara Jane O Neil DD recently and I'm getting that print framed asap.

Wednesday, June 1st at 3PM GMT: "Lady With a Hat" by Thomas Danthony.

50cm x 70cm, 7 color screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 35, £100

The print alongside the title alongside the price made me laugh way too hard.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Nice! Pick it up during his recent flat file sale?
Yeap!

Up now, May 25th, until 7:59pm PDT on his store: "Melon" by James Jean.

MELON-PRINT_COMP.jpg

27″ x 20″ embossed giclee. Signed and numbered. $200.
I want this mostly for the bottom of the image--something about the goddess/girl seems flat to me. Think I may skip this one as I'm not a huge fan of the overall image and there's nothing unique about the way it's being printed--just a straight giclee.

IronRinn

Thursday, May 26th on Mondo: Hitchcock Hoedown. (Now with payment plans.)

Vertigo by Adam Simpson. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 275, $45

Vertigo (Variant) by Adam Simpson. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $65

Vertigo by We Buy Your Kids. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $40

The Birds by Thomas Danthony. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $40

He did that Mondo Vertigo print where there's like a foot and arm dangling out of the ground.

Really dig that print, but yeah... not at that price.
Speak of the devil. He's gonna make a career out of Hitchcock, maybe.

Luderico

I think we're talking about the WBYK?
Really frackin great!

Don't think it will be a hard drop.

What's up with North by Northwest. Somebody know da thing??

IronRinn

Hit or miss for me with WBYK. Miss on this one, but I seem to be in the minority.

On another note:

Thursday, May 26th at 1pm ET on Grey Matter Art: The Amazing Spider-Man by Dave Perillo.

12" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $40.

omgkitty

I think we're talking about the WBYK?
Really frackin great!

Don't think it will be a hard drop.

What's up with North by Northwest. Somebody know da thing??

Different company owns the rights to North By Northwest than all his other films and I guess they're real stingy about it.

Finally starting to put up some art on the wall at the place my GF and I are moving into.

Really like these frames from Spotlight Display..a breeze to set up and being able to swap things in and out in a snap is awesome.

Browny

Banned
Office update:

My A0 portfolio is in. Not unwrapped it yet, but it's quite big...

qp42IVF.jpg

In front is the A1 portfolio for comparison; also some blueprint sleeves as temporary protection for 24x36" prints.

And then the offending 24x36" tubes that I desperately need to get opened up...

I have 5 18x24"'s sat on my desk, waiting for the bank holiday weekend (so I can flatten them out without interfering with work stuff). It's a logistical nightmare, but good fun...

IronRinn

Today, May 26th at 2pm CT on Postersandtoys.com: Mondo Ken Taylor.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, 24″ x 36″ screenprint, AP edition of 55, $50

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Variant), 24″ x 36″ screenprint, AP edition of 35, $75

The Proposition, 24″ x 36″ screenprint, AP edition of 50, $45

The Proposition (Variant), 24″ x 36″ screenprint, AP edition of 35, $65

IronRinn

Today, Thursday May 26th, at a random time between 3pm and 5pm CT on his website: "Strange Attraction" by Todd Slater.

18″ x 24″ heated foil pressed print, signed and numbered (I assume) edition of 100, $85.

18″ x 24″ heated foil pressed print, signed and numbered (I assume) edition of 100, $85.

Looks like this is the art print version of a poster he did for The Avett Brothers. Both sources for this drop say an "edition of 200 in 2 different color ways" which I assume means 100 of each? Inside the Rock Poster Frame has more details on the heated foil press process. Sort of like letterpressing with foil. Not a huge fan of the image, but these should look really cool when they're done.

Browny

Banned
I kinda like the DoJ print, but Superman's pose looks a little weird to me.

The Proposition one is nice.

If I was still on my MtG spree, I'd be up for that Tong.

Top Bottom