• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

To be fair, I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about movies and had never heard of Microbe and Gasoline and was surprised to see the "A Film by Michel Gondry" tag line.

I wouldn't consider myself very knowledgeable but I've not only heard of the film but I've seen it and thought it was really charming

point is, it's pointless to criticize a movie choice for a poster and I think it's good when they do these out of left field movie selections, and not just the huge blockbusters we expect them to always do

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
No specific location yet or did I miss it? All I see is Austin?

As long as it's not out in the boonies like last year I'll go again.

Unless they completed the remodeling at Marchesa or whatever its called now, it'll probably be at a different venue.

Quonny

Since I only buy Kehoe stuff nowadays (walls have no space):

FANTASTICAL ROMANTICISM & PRINT RELEASE 07.01.16

rmnkfpR.jpg

3:00PM tomorrow.

Definitely getting at least two.

IronRinn

Just in case people don't want to click through:

Friday, July 1st at 3pm ET. on his web shop or Etsy store.

"Eyes of the Wild Wonder" 14” x 28” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $80

"Multiversal Coalescence" 20” x 20” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

"The Hunter" 20” x 20” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

"Patrol of the Dusk Warden" 22” x 18” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

IronRinn

Wednesday, July 6th at 4pm BST on Black Dragon Press: Rossum’s Universal Robots (R.U.R.) by Sam Chivers.

50 x 70cm, 6-colour screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 100, £60 (Roughly $10 USD by Wednesday)

R.U.R. is a brilliant little science fiction play by the Czech writer Karel Čapek. It premiered in 1921 and is credited with introducing the word “robot” to the English language and to science fiction as a whole.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That is hilariously rad. Fuck, I can't really be spending money but want that.

I realy would like to design a poster if I knew what a lot of folks wanted and what size our actual art needed to be, not sure on that one part or where to sell it at or I'd do it in a week.

omgkitty

I realy would like to design a poster if I knew what a lot of folks wanted and what size our actual art needed to be, not sure on that one part or where to sell it at or I'd do it in a week.

18x24 and 24x36 are the standard sizes, at least for most people around here collecting Mondo type stuff. I think you should just make whatever you like.

SteviePlunder

Neo Member
Print amateur hear asking for advice.
I want the Woodson Drive print & missed on the drop of course.
Should I:
A) Purchase now at the lowest price possible which is maybe $240-280
or
B) Wait & see if the price drops in the future?
I am in no hurry & don't mind waiting but I was interested in the Jay Shaw Alien print & that has remained out of my price range since it hit eBay. There also doesn't seem to be many of the Drive prints up for sale.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

IronRinn

Should I:
or
I am in no hurry & don't mind waiting but I was interested in the Jay Shaw Alien print & that has remained out of my price range since it hit eBay. There also doesn't seem to be many of the Drive prints up for sale.

You could wait and see if you can score an AP when he drops them in his shop.

omgkitty

Should I:
or

Drive is selling for how much??? Lol what

I bought one and didn't have any issues. Didn't think it would be popular at all.

SteviePlunder

Neo Member
Drive is selling for how much??? Lol what

I bought one and didn't have any issues. Didn't think it would be popular at all.

I work in a hospital & see patients all day so unless a print sticks around for 30 minutes or so I have no chance. I need a new career cuz this shit's really ruinin' my print game!

omgkitty

I work in a hospital & see patients all day so unless a print sticks around for 30 minutes or so I have no chance. I need a new career cuz this shit's really ruinin' my print game!

Lol I work for a hospital doing computer support, so at least I'm on a computer. I also need a new career, but not because of posters.

fallengorn

Just in case people don't want to click through:

Friday, July 1st at 3pm ET. on his web shop or Etsy store.

"Eyes of the Wild Wonder" 14” x 28” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $80

"Multiversal Coalescence" 20” x 20” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

"The Hunter" 20” x 20” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

"Patrol of the Dusk Warden" 22” x 18” giclee including 1” white border. Signed and numbered edition of 150, $75

Went and saw this show yesterday. Really cool. It made the resin print he's selling really tempting.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Lol I work for a hospital doing computer support, so at least I'm on a computer. I also need a new career, but not because of posters.

Now I have an image of people flatlining as dudes are f5ing the fuck out of their computers in a hospital.

SteviePlunder

Neo Member
Now I have an image of people flatlining as dudes are f5ing the fuck out of their computers in a hospital.

I don't care for TV but some of my co-workers schedule their patients around TV shows that are on. So if they want to watch the Price Is Right, Kelly Ripa or whatever, they arrange their schedules to have the comatose patients, not so alert or confused ones at that time. Other than the patients occasionally thinking the TV is talking to them, they usually don't notice.

b3b0p

Unless they completed the remodeling at Marchesa or whatever its called now, it'll probably be at a different venue.

I went last year and I thought it was in the Holiday Inn or something like that. Is my memory mistaken? I have no idea what Marchesa is.

fallengorn

I went last year and I thought it was in the Holiday Inn or something like that. Is my memory mistaken? I have no idea what Marchesa is.

It was the Holiday Inn and Marchesa Hall. It was split between two locations.

Marchesa was where the bar and the screening/panel room were.

I just came back from AX and bought some super nice 16x30 prints. If I don't want to go the custom framing route (those prints were expensive and I have no money left T_T), what are the best frames that I could get for that size? Any help is very appreciated!

fallengorn

On sale at Grey Matter Art on Thursday, July 7th at 1PM EST.

Artist: Matt Ferguson
Size: 18x24
Regular Edition: 250/40.00
Printed By: Lady Lazarus

Variant Edition: 125/45.00

O1vkg2Y.jpg

6x9 Regular Edition Handbill: 100/10.00

VEo5CfQ.jpg

6x9 Variant Edition Handbill: randomly inserted into variant orders

b3b0p

I saw a lot of people carrying around #fancyposter tubes and what looked like boxes with a Pokéball on them at RTX this year. I didn't go, but I did see a fat man dressed up as Snorlax and a bunch of other cosplayers walking around. Saw a gigantic Kingdom Hearts Keyblade too. I was tempted to stop and ask people if I could get their picture.

Did anyone in here go? I'm curious what toys / offerings / prints they had there that this thread might be interested in.

Jhriad

On sale at Grey Matter Art on Thursday, July 7th at 1PM EST.

Regular Edition: 250/40.00

Variant Edition: 125/45.00

6x9 Regular Edition Handbill: 100/10.00

6x9 Variant Edition Handbill: randomly inserted into variant orders

Oh fuck. I want them all! :(

IronRinn

Tomorrow, July 7th on Mondo: Info•Rama Part 1.

"C-3PO" by Kevin Tong. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 325, $60

"The Delorean" by Kevin Tong. 36" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 325, $45

"The Batmobile" by Tom Whalen. 36" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 300, $45

Bullitt by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $45

Bullitt (Variant) by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $65

Jaws by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 275, $45

Jaws (Variant) by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $65

Browny

Banned
This might be the first drop in a while that I can sit in front of the computer and hammer F5. I need one of those Bullitts.

ruxtpin

Banned
Could I get anyone to PB me something from the Mondo drop today? 9 hours on planes. Would really like the Batmobile... Or Jaws... Or C-3PO... Or Delorean... Or Bullitt. In that order.

I'm going to try and keep an eye on it during my first layover, but there's a good chance it'll be thrown up during my first flight.

IronRinn

Today, Thursday, July 7th on Bottleneck: Ivan Belikov's "Coats of Arms"

18" x 24", one color screen print. Numbered edition of 44, $25

Curated by Alex DiGiovanna of FAMP Art, we will be releasing a one color screen print based on Ivan's American Coat of arms piece from his series Herbariy: The Interpretation of Countries Coats of Arms project. The original line work impressed us so much that we had to release it for him as a screen print.

Browny

Banned
Mondo Inforama is up. Bagged a Bullitt variant, yay.

Edit: apologies ruxtpin, I would have dropped you a message beforehand. Although I'm UK, which may have made things super expensive?

Top Bottom