• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

LaneDS

Least favorite thing about this hobby:

Waiting for stuff to arrive in the mail.

Wednesday should be a pretty good day.

One of my favorite things about this hobby is when you completely forget ordering something and tubes show up, where you have no idea what you're opening up.

Last week got the final Dan McCarthy print club (for 2015!) tube with a bunch of great stuff, for example.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Good lord, boring and the first two are brutally ugly.
zthwsvb2xo92ld3ljbiu.jpg

t14atcq87yp2b2z23okk.jpg

cn0zjicdwifl790rclac.jpg

SeanC

Not liking those Cap prints, but the Ant-Man one is nice. Not a huge enough fan to get it, though.

I do like those X-Men pins, though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Smithy C

Got a 30" x 21" poster the other day, looking for a good frame (in the UK) seems to be a bit tough - anyone got any recommendations?

Luderico

The two from Stan and Vince look off. Cap looks kinda strange. Meh.

But the one from Rory Kurtz looks awesome.

Just don't see the necessary in doing more prints for the First Avenger. In my opinion one of the weakest entries in the MCU.

ruxtpin

Banned
Does Danger have any process videos out there? I found one for Kevin Tong; the detail in Danger's work is always impressive. Wanted to see if he had something showing start to finish.

Filthy Slug

Does Danger have any process videos out there? I found one for Kevin Tong; the detail in Danger's work is always impressive. Wanted to see if he had something showing start to finish.

So not a process video like you asked for, but I enjoyed watching this video of Daniel navigating through a bunch of his works for a presentation:
https://vimeo.com/12288104

Filthy Slug

Timed edition, you said? For how long?

From Danger: "casual relaxed summertime timed edition until it hits the press." His timed editions are usually up for a hot minute, so I'm going to say you've got at least 'til the end of this week, if not 'til the end of the month.

Filthy Slug

More Mondo SDCC reveals from Nico Delort and Kevin Tong:

I think Delort continues to be talented but fumbles when representing pop culture properties.

IronRinn

I'm gonna try for that Muted Daniel Danger variant on this slow ass Wi-Fi and it is going to go poooooooooorly. K bye.

(That Incal is truly fucking awesome. Is there an SDCC thread, kitty? Thinking you might have a better chance enlisting a poster mercenary there if so?)

Filthy Slug

I'm gonna try for that Muted Daniel Danger variant on this slow ass Wi-Fi and it is going to go poooooooooorly. K bye.

(That Incal is truly fucking awesome. Is there an SDCC thread, kitty? Thinking you might have a better chance enlisting a poster mercenary there if so?)

Get back to vacation, dammit. I was just about to post some pins.

And that Incal is probably the best of the reveals for SDCC so far.

omgkitty

Ehhh IDK if I want someone who doesn't normally buy posters. I've done it before and it didn't go well. I asked on FB with a group of 4000 people and still didn't get help. People suck.

IronRinn

Get back to vacation, dammit. I was just about to post some pins.

And that Incal is probably the best of the reveals for SDCC so far.
Why you...

Ehhh IDK if I want someone who doesn't normally buy posters. I've done it before and it didn't go well. I asked on FB with a group of 4000 people and still didn't get help. People suck.
Hm, good point regarding people who don't always buy prints.

Hey, I managed to land the Danger. Go me! Ok, back to vacation.

Filthy Slug

Why you...

Hm, good point regarding people who don't always buy prints.

Hey, I managed to land the Danger. Go me! Ok, back to vacation.

Glad you got one, dude! I would have offered up my help if I wasn't also going for it :). The muted colors look fantastic and bring out all of the absurd details in the piece.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Yeah, I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't know how to handle and ship prints. (RIP Crimson Peak prints.)

If it's any consolation that's just the variant. Guessing all the regs are online.

Filthy Slug

Yeah, I wouldn't trust anyone who knows how to handle and ship prints. (RIP Crimson Peak prints.)

If it's any consolation that's just the variant. Guessing all the regs are online.

Oh no, what happened?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Oh no, what happened?

They were crushed. I didn't think anything was wrong when I opened the tube, but then I saw all the creases. I thought maybe my friend mishandled them, but then when I examined the tube further, it uncurled like a tube of Pillsbury dough.

I was able get an AP to replace the Danger, but the Davis is borked. And my friend was reimbursed in full, although it took months for FedEx to follow through.

omgkitty

Yeah, I wouldn't trust anyone who knows how to handle and ship prints. (RIP Crimson Peak prints.)

Yeah I've shipped probably 100 prints at this point, and even I still get paranoid shipping, not to mention the idea of someone carrying it through a crowded show floor all day. I saw that about it being a variant. I hope they show the reg soon so I can decide if I can abandon the PB search.

Luderico

More Mondo SDCC reveals from Nico Delort and Kevin Tong:
I think Delort continues to be talented but fumbles when representing pop culture properties.

Think the Delort is fucking beautiful. But this is not Batman Returns. Looks to classy for me. It's such a crazy movie.

Tong's the Rocketeer. Looks really nice. But where is the rest?! Looks like a teaser.

Filthy Slug

Hey, if anybody is at SDCC and can pb something for me, it'd be super appreciated and I'd tip ya! I'd rather reach out here before I take to the facebook groups.

Also, that Rey is the timed edition, I believe--thank jebus.

Top Bottom