• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, guys, I'll trade somebody a set of Overwatch prints for a Force Awakens set. Overwatch is pretty popular, ya know.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
They just showed Rise of the Planet of the Apes by JC Richard. Would post but on phone.

Got you:
CoFOD6oVIAE647-.jpg:large

Bii

What happened? Nice that you got some in any case!

The line was capped, so the organizers allowed more people to get in line which creates a mad dash for everyone else that wasn't in line already. As we all crowded to try and get a spot in line, the organizers counted off pairs. Since I was on the "outside" of the crowd, the guy next to me says "you're not my pair, so you need to get out of the line..." I gave a wtf look to him but the guy behind him motioned for me to just slide right in. So I lined up just two slots behind the asshole and he was exchanging a high-five with his pair, and his pair telling him "yeah, good job on speaking up". As if they showed me because I was still able to purchase the 5x5s.

This hobby brings out the worst in people but I'm glad that I've met others who are quite the opposite.

Filthy Slug

Craig Drake Batmobile is the last Mondo release of SDCC.

Overall, I think we can all agree that this set was the best Mondo release of SDCC:

I'm sure IronPinn would agree.

LaneDS

If it goes to online sales, I'm happy to try and PB for it at that point. Not interested in it myself, though it's rad that they're doing Struzan stuff like this.

IronRinn

Craig Drake Batmobile is the last Mondo release of SDCC.

Overall, I think we can all agree that this set was the best Mondo release of SDCC:

I'm sure IronPinn would agree.
What the actual fuck is going on in this god damn thread.

Regarding BTiLC: Run is on the larger side, so should be some online:

Josephus Bottleneck said:
Will be 400 @ $200 and 150 @ $250. Similar to Thing. 17 colors

LaneDS

This was the first SDCC since I've gotten into the hobby where there wasn't a single thing I regret not having a chance at getting. Anyone else feel similarly underwhelmed by the offerings this year?

Filthy Slug

This was the first SDCC since I've gotten into the hobby where there wasn't a single thing I regret not having a chance at getting. Anyone else feel similarly underwhelmed by the offerings this year?
I got the pin set, but otherwise, the Moss Star Wars are the only thing I care I missed. I offered some anus on ebay a substantial amount of cash for a set, but dude wanted like 8x what he paid.

IronRinn

Been buying less and less movie-based posters, so I guess? There was some nice stuff, just nothing that I was interested in. Still hoping Mitchell had some left over Fat Birds to put online, but that's about it.

ohkay

Yep. Normally there's a few things I'd want, but nothing this year, except maybe the moss set which I don't feel like paying aftermarket prices

Filthy Slug

You're going to the screening? That'd be cool if you can, if it's possible. Don't have to hassle with shipping.

Yup, got a ticket for the second show! PM me and we'll keep in touch about it.

Risible

I actually really like the Taylor Ant Man, but I suspect it's not going to shoot up in the aftermarket so hoping to snag one cheap.

Browny

Banned
I do like those Olly 5's... if I have a few lean months I may look at picking some of his work up.

Nice BTILC too - but not $200 nice.

And I think I'm giving up on 36x24 prints... I had my last 5 flattened out in a secret place at work (on top of a massive storage unit) for 5 weeks - and still a pain in the arse to get stored away. I have Bullitt ready to go, and Vertigo to come - then that's it.
I am weak though.

Also switched out Iron Man for Whalen's GOTG. Sadly the mount is slightly too small (that's what you get for buying off the shelf), so I'll be pricing up another decent frame similar to my Ronin one. But's that's gonna be muchos pounds...

Filthy Slug

I just finished that show yesterday. Holy shit was that unexpectedly good.

It's everything I've been wanting for years. It's that perfect blend of 80s kids adventure movies and horror, all wrapped up in 8 perfect hours.

Also, the soundtrack is fucking rad.

I need a great Stranger Things print, dudes.

Filthy Slug

You're in luck. Coming from Bottleneck soon:
Rad, saw Ferguson post that for fun, but didn't know it was getting an official release!
Wednesday, August 3rd at 4pm BST on Black Dragon Press: Come and See (Idi I Smotri) by Joao Ruas

24” x 28”, 8-color screen print. Numbered edition of 60, £100

And good lord that is a depressing and morbid print.

It's everything I've been wanting for years. It's that perfect blend of 80s kids adventure movies and horror, all wrapped up in 8 perfect hours.

Also, the soundtrack is fucking rad.

I need a great Stranger Things print, dudes.

It felt similar to what Super 8 was going for, but with an element of The Goonies mixed in.

Soundtrack was definitely amazing. Is there a list somewhere of all the songs?

Filthy Slug

Pretty fitting. If you haven't seen it, the movie is...not uplifting.

I really need to sit down and watch Stranger Things. Previews looked great and then I forgot about it and now it seems to be everywhere.
Yeah, it honestly seems to be perfect for anybody who's into pop culture prints. I feel like so many of us love 80s joints like Goonies, ET, IT(90, I know, but stillll), etc., that it's just the perfect show coming out at the perfect time.

I dig that Ferguson (a lot more than I dig the show hey-o).
Haha, what didn't you like about it?

It felt similar to what Super 8 was going for, but with an element of The Goonies mixed in.

Soundtrack was definitely amazing. Is there a list somewhere of all the songs?
Here ya go, dude!

LaneDS

Haha, what didn't you like about it?

I have very few complaints about it, and it's been enjoyable after five episodes, but I don't love it the way a lot of folks seem to. Maybe the last three episodes will change my mind.

The soundtrack though, is super.

Another Grant Haffner piece up on Tiny Showcase:

"I Heart Long Beach" 8" x 8" giclee. Numbered edition of 100, $25.

Got the e-mail and ordered that, companion to the previous piece... think they'll look good together.

LaneDS

I figured you were gonna grab this one. Should look awesome.

Didn't really have a good place for the solo 8x8 piece but I think somehow as a duo it'll work better... so yeah, good call and I'm excited / will share pictures once they're framed up!

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, July 28th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "The Upside Down" by Matt Ferguson

16" x 20" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $45

This time around we have teamed up with HASC and Homes For The Homeless where we will be donating 100% of all profits from the sale towards the purchase of new tricycles and bicycles for their organizations. With the projected amount raised, we should have enough to purchase ~75 children's bikes! These will go a long way in training kids how to ride a bike who might have not had a chance to before.

Blew through the first four episodes of this last night. Show is fucking awesome.

Sushigod7

Bottleneck continuing to kill it this year going to be a rough drop only 150 of them. Ferguson said he may have some variant AP's at Thoughtbubble.

omgkitty

Tomorrow, Thursday, July 28th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "The Upside Down" by Matt Ferguson

16" x 20" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $45

Blew through the first four episodes of this last night. Show is fucking awesome.

You're gonna want to fix the image. They removed the title from the print, and my interest.

Top Bottom