• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Meier

I generally avoid getting giclee prints but I am pretty excited about the Totoro Eyes Without a Face release. Might put it up at work!

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, December 1st on Mondo:

MRT_Gremlins_FINALforprint_1024x1024.jpg
Gremlins by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 275, $45

Gremlins 2 by Glen Brogan. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $40

omgkitty

Is there any other series that deserves the amount of posters it gets less than Gremlins? Mondo seems to release 3 or 4 of them a year.

Meier

I imagine most poster collectors are in their 30s and 40s and a lot of them love genre shit from the 80s so it makes sense. But I agree -- pointless. The movies were fun and funny at the time but I don't understand how or why anyone would want to have a poster up on the wall about them.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Is there any other series that deserves the amount of posters it gets less than Gremlins? Mondo seems to release 3 or 4 of them a year.

cause there's always new fans looking for a print or something. I dunno

I personally have the Gremlins Mondo sweater, that's enough for me..

Risible

'Tis the season and I need cash. So sadly that means it's time to let stuff go. I hate to do it, but we have to do what we have to do and in the end pretty paper is just pretty paper. I'm going to post on EBeans, but figured I'd see if you guys were interested before I did so as I'd rather you have first shot. Here's what I'm planning on listing with tentative prices next to them. If you want to make an offer feel free, and I would of course be more inclined to look at offers that bought multiple things.

The Warriors Tyler Stout 200
Dr. Strange Daniel Danger 200
Gremlins Ken Taylor 225
Looper Martin Ansin 100
Galaxy Quest Richard Davies 125
The Burning Phantom City Creative 300
Nihil Novi Tyle Stout 75
The Mummy Martin Ansin 200

DrEvil

not a medical professional
This beauty came in today, so fucking amazing I can't even explain how nice it looks in person (and on my wall!)

Cyjv3NLWEAAyG5m.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
'Tis the season and I need cash. So sadly that means it's time to let stuff go. I hate to do it, but we have to do what we have to do and in the end pretty paper is just pretty paper. I'm going to post on EBeans, but figured I'd see if you guys were interested before I did so as I'd rather you have first shot. Here's what I'm planning on listing with tentative prices next to them. If you want to make an offer feel free, and I would of course be more inclined to look at offers that bought multiple things.

The Warriors Tyler Stout 200
Dr. Strange Daniel Danger 200
Gremlins Ken Taylor 225
Looper Martin Ansin 100
Galaxy Quest Richard Davies 125
The Burning Phantom City Creative 300
Nihil Novi Tyle Stout 75
The Mummy Martin Ansin 200

Pming you about the warriors!

omgkitty

Nautilus Art Prints will have Jacques Tati’s “Playtime” by french artist Vincent Mahé
on sale Friday, December 2nd at 7pm Brussels time (10am PST) http://www.nautilus-artprints.com/

“Playtime” by Vincent Mahé. 24″ x 36″ 5-color Screenprint. Ed of 150 N. $53

“Playtime” by Vincent Mahé. 24″ x 36″ 5-color Screenprint. Ed of 50 N. $80 (variant)

giphy.gif

Seriously, they showed a tease of this over a year ago.

If I were a classier dude I would hang that (reg) Playtime right next to the Danthony Lady with hat. The variant has got to be a troll, let's see who will pay 40% more for a slightly greener building haw haw haw

Do you guys use museum glass or UV glass for the frames? My first first frame was UV and the second frame the store upgraded it to museum glass for free. The differences were quite significant when side by side. The museum glass frame looked like there was no glass at all and looked like you could touch the print itself. I just did another two frames the other day, had to stick with museum because I don't think I can go back

Do you guys use museum glass or UV glass for the frames? My first first frame was UV and the second frame the store upgraded it to museum glass for free. The differences were quite significant when side by side. The museum glass frame looked like there was no glass at all and looked like you could touch the print itself. I just did another two frames the other day, had to stick with museum because I don't think I can go back

Museum glass for anything smaller than 24x36.

Museum on anything of value. I'll generally replace the glass on off the shelf frames with at least uv acrylic for everything else.

omgkitty

Will go with the reg. Just because. Why $30 more. Don't see it. Hope the red color is not so red printed in the faces.

That's exactly what it looks like. It's on the Eiffel Tower too. Variant is much more realistic color wise.

Random tidbit: All the monuments in the film are literally just printed out cardboard standees placed in the background since the film was a built set they made.

EiffelTower.jpg

IronRinn

I just use acrylic. It's not worth the extra money, weight, and fragility to me to get glass.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I just use acrylic. It's not worth the extra money, weight, and fragility to me to get glass.

Same here. I've dealt with shattered glass from a frame delivery before. It's no fun at all. (Luckily, I moved offices.)

Only thing I have museum glass on is my Tobias Funke Analrapist business card.

Type2

GAF, I need your help. Im looking for an Xmas gift for a big Alien franchise fan. I know he wouldnt be into collectible figures but books,movies and prints would be great.

Any ideas?

Probably the least of those concerns until you get up to the larger prints. Glass can get pretty heavy. Fragility is the biggest thing for me, I think.

I could see how fragility is an issue if it's something that's going to be moved around a lot. Do you rotate the prints you have often?

IronRinn

I could see how fragility is an issue if it's something that's going to be moved around a lot. Do you rotate the prints you have often?
Yeah, I rotate a few on a fairly regular basis. Plus, I've been moving every few years. Acrylic just makes my life easier. I suppose if I wasn't going to be moving I might more strongly consider glass.

IronRinn

And just a quick reminder that this ends today, December 2nd at 9PM ET.
These two by Aron Wiesenfeld actually went on sale on November 25th at 10am PT but are available until Thursday, December 1st, I believe (they are on sale for 7 days).

"Night Grove" 16" x 20" giclee. Signed and numbered timed edition. Includes signed COA, $135

"The River" 23.5" x 30" giclee. Signed and numbered timed edition. Includes signed COA, $175

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Not a print, not a pin, but I think it's cool enough to post:

aPNN1Ig.jpg

Pre-orders up on Mondo. (It just sucks that it's shipping after the holidays.)

My Mike Mitchell Fat Eastern Screech Owl AP just showed up today. I wasn't expecting this until after Christmas. I think my GF will love it for Christmas. She has an insane thing for anything with owls.

IronRinn

Also on Friday, December 9th at 12pm ET on Arcadium: "Nadeshiko" by Roamcouch.

tuxpi.com.1480603967_grande_grande.jpg

25" x 25" 40-color screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 95, $300

Some of these were already put up for pre-sale for newsletter subscribers (you can still subscribe) along with a gold, hand embellished edition of 5 for $500 (all gone) and six different canvas editions of 1-3 apiece for $1280 (also all gone).

Edit: Roughly 70% of the run has sold already.

President Joe Bottleneck said:
With that said though, it's going to great. Sold about 70% prints in a day for the reserve.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Also, Bottleneck and Tomer Hanuka teasing Fight Club:

It's a really interesting take on Fight Club--very striking. (Yo I did not mean to pun, but whatever.)

I feel like Fight Club is a tough property for prints to cover, and I'm glad it's not another Narrator and Marla WHERE IS MY MIND piece.

IronRinn

It's a really interesting take on Fight Club--very striking. (Yo I did not mean to pun, but whatever.)

I feel like Fight Club is a tough property for prints to cover, and I'm glad it's not another Narrator and Marla WHERE IS MY MIND piece.

I'm interested but I'm waiting for the final image to see how distorted the figures are. I'm thinking of his Battle Royale which was too much for me.

Filthy Slug

Kevin Wilson's "Batman Begins" piece is up on Hero Complex.

Honestly think it's ridiculous that he took Kevin Tong's concept and just reapplied it in a lamer way.

Top Bottom