• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Also, I'm guessing Grey Matter sold out the Cocaine Fiends print. They're batting a thousand with that series so far.
Tim really stepped it up with this series. His previous work was good but ultimately forgettable. I don't mean to sound as harsh as that comes off as, but I've seen a ton of his work and just can't bring an image to mind other than his Reefer Madness.

blackadde

wow, i had no idea people were so into the pop culture / lowbrow art scene. i've had work shown at a bunch of the group shows in the past 3 years (g1988, hero complex, qpop, hero complex) but because i live in canada i've never had the chance to actually attend an opening.

IronRinn

Tim really stepped it up with this series. His previous work was good but ultimately forgettable. I don't mean to sound as harsh as that comes off as, but I've seen a ton of his work and just can't bring an image to mind other than his Reefer Madness.
I agree completely, and I think the market is bearing out that opinion as well. Dude is really coming into his own.

Also, confirmed that copies of "where do you go when you go?" variant will be up on DD's site. Looks like he just added it.

DarkKyo

This is my first time attempting to frame something on my own, so I'm likely going to be ordering frame stuff through framedestination.. When building my frame order the very first thing asks the size of the artwork... Is this referring to the entire size of the paper that the print is on or just how much space the art on the print paper is taking up? I imagine it is the former but I just want to be sure.

wow, i had no idea people were so into the pop culture / lowbrow art scene. i've had work shown at a bunch of the group shows in the past 3 years (g1988, hero complex, qpop, hero complex) but because i live in canada i've never had the chance to actually attend an opening.

I'm not sure I can speak for everyone, but I actually prefer poster art to other forms of art collections. The prices are within my budget, and the pop culture aspect means friends and family find them recognizable and can appreciate the art portion of the art, and not try to "decipher" the subject matter, etc.

What pieces have you had at HCG? I buy from them frequently.

Since I'm planning a Disneyland trip at the end of the month, I have to pass on the Grey Matter prints :/

This is my first time attempting to frame something on my own, so I'm likely going to be ordering frame stuff through framedestination.. When building my frame order the very first thing asks the size of the artwork... Is this referring to the entire size of the paper that the print is on or just how much space the art on the print paper is taking up? I imagine it is the former but I just want to be sure.

If you're going to mat the print it would be the size of the area you want showing. Great beginners guide here: http://expressobeans.com/wiki/index.php/DIY_Framing

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Store Envy is a piece of shit site. I'm not sure if I got a print or not, and it's completely fucked on my end.

blackadde

I'm not sure I can speak for everyone, but I actually prefer poster art to other forms of art collections. The prices are within my budget, and the pop culture aspect means friends and family find them recognizable and can appreciate the art portion of the art, and not try to "decipher" the subject matter, etc.

What pieces have you had at HCG? I buy from them frequently.

Since I'm planning a Disneyland trip at the end of the month, I have to pass on the Grey Matter prints :/

i get that. i have a sizable collection of prints as well, but they're mostly from friends and other artists i know.

i did this piece for the popeye show a while back:

jqF6jEr.gif

and this enormous screenprint for the hellboy show (it's about 4 feet high):

DSgSy2T.gif

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I got the time-out error, too. I just hit back and tried again until I got it. Bought Darkness Forgives and the red variant of Try Not to Forget.

YYYAAAASSSSSSSSSS

Awesome haul, Freeze! I just got the Danger Elephant. All of the prints he dropped look fucking fantastic, though. Dude has been on fire for the entire year.

IronRinn

Man, I am pissed. Fucking Store Envy and their fucking error cost me a "where are you going..." variant.

Ugh, god damn it.

Oh well.

Filthy Slug

That's a bummer, Rinn. Honestly not sure why he's still with Store Envy--it's an awful sales platform. Tons of unnecessary steps, terrible at handling traffic, and just a mess with double orders.

IronRinn

That's a bummer, Rinn. Honestly not sure why he's still with Store Envy--it's an awful sales platform. Tons of unnecessary steps, terrible at handling traffic, and just a mess with double orders.

Yeah, not a fan. I'll get over it. Got a copy of "this ship will right itself" so that's good.

NateDrake

Does anyone recall prints based on New England locations? I think one was based on Sandy and other storms that impacted the region. I'm not sure if it was posted in the previous thread or I saw them somewhere else, but I thought it was on GAF.

IronRinn

Fine, I'll do it.

Today Tuesday, October 13th on Mondo: MondoCon leftovers part 2:

Mulholland Drive by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

TMNT by Ciro Nieli. 24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

TMNT (Variant) by Ciro Nieli. 24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

TMNT Character Concepts by Ciro Nieli. 18"x12" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by Industry Print Shop. $60 (Set of 4)

Dracula by Jonathan Burton. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Dracula (Variant) by Jonathan Burton. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Spongebob Squarepants by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Spongebob Squarepants (Variant) by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

The Fly by Johnny Dombrowski. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 265. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

And also a handful of t-shirts.

IronRinn

And here is what Static Medium will have up today (two are spoiler tagged because boobs):

"King Vulture" by Brian Mashburn
Edition of 70. $45. 12"x16" Giclee print.

"Reconfigured" by N.C. Winters
Edition of 40. $75. Set of 4 matching number 7"x7" giclee prints.

"Elixer" by Sam Wolfe Connelly
Edition of 100. $45. 12"x16" Giclee print.

"Frequencies" by Dan Quintana
Edition of 50. $45. 12"x12" Giclee print.

"Mischief" by J.A.W. Cooper
Edition of 80. $85. 12"x16" Giclee print with a metallic gold screen printed overlay.

They may also have some copies of Camilla d'Errico's "Queen Beeatrice" as well:

And here is what Static Medium will have up today (two are spoiler tagged because boobs):

Oh boy. I should not have clicked on this thread. I'm playing a truly great game of CreditCardYOLO this week.

Also, spoiler tags don't work for images on mobile, FYI. Boooooobies!

IronRinn

Also, a reminder that Dark Hall Mansion is dropping their Delort Universal Monsters set today at 9:30 PST. Today is really packed.

Thank God those Dracula variant and Mulholland Drive prints were sold out, otherwise I'd have gotten those, too. Between video games and everything else, I think is the most expensive "things I want" week I've had this year.

Top Bottom